Space Marine - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-16-09, 01:26 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

although I hate/despise ultramarines, its better than Blood ravens.

I'm sure just like every game these days as well, there will be no good offline multiplayer.

stupid online generation

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-18-09, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

You are right. Ultramarines are absolutely boring, and may aswell be painted beige. But the Blood Ravens are even worse. Nothing worse than an angsty space marine.

And I agree with the offline multiplayer - DoW2 had a shite offline multiplayer, hence why I never bought it. The AI was absolutely terrible.

This game could not get more boring content matter - Ultramarines vs Orks - both uber epic boringness compressed into a game.

All of this has happened before.
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-29-09, 10:45 PM

BloodAngelsfan's Flag is: USA

Orks? Boring? If i may be so bold I would imply orks are an exciting part of 40k...

Aerith/Aeris Gainsborough: “The current system of servitude is barbaric and inadequate for today's generation. We appeal to the leaders of both the Imperium and the Coalition of Hateful Assholes and Organised Sin to seek to change this for the betterment of all its citizens”

Lorgar: “Guess there was one plot thread we forgot to erase ...” Mortarion nods in agreement, while Ahriman looks on suspiciously.

Aerith/Aeris Gainsborough: “We feel trapped, we feel oppressed. And we urge our governments to release us from these metal boxes-”

Lorgar: “Oh shi-”

Firraveus Carron: Leaping to his feet. “METAL BOXES?!?METAL BOXES!!!THEY RIDE IN METAL BOXES!!!”

-Labor Unions

All credit goes to Lastie on Warseer, for writing Primarchs (available in a 647 page Microsoft Word document)
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-30-09, 12:41 AM

lordjerry777's Flag is: USA

WHO GIVES A HELL WHAT CHAPTER IT IS I MUST HAVE THAT GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by lordjerry777; 10-30-09 at 12:44 AM.
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-30-09, 01:01 AM

Wulfric_Nick's Flag is: Australia

Honestly... I think the Ultramarines chapter has just a Unique History as every other chapter. It's just that they see the Ultramarines more often, that they get bored.

So what? They are painted blue? What happens if I didn't like your Red Painted Marines? Should I go on a escapade saying All Blood Angels suck? NO!

Get over it... your not the one making the game... so just bite the bullet and live with the game creators decisions...
You want one based on Blood Angels? Make your own game or better yet, go back and play Space Crusade on the Commodore Amiga!

Khorne Berserker [DoW] - I am not your Bootlick!

post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-30-09, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodAngelsfan View Post
Orks? Boring? If i may be so bold I would imply orks are an exciting part of 40k...
Not going to dispute it...

But...

Having them as the enemy gets extremely tedious. There is only so much "roar + stupidity that is only funny for a while + green + stabby stabby killy killy" you can put in a game before it gets uber boring.

As for the Ultramarines, they suck major balls. Blue balls. Their history is epic blandness. They are essentially the banal legion.

post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-30-09, 06:55 PM

BloodAngelsfan's Flag is: USA

To each his own I suppose

Aerith/Aeris Gainsborough: “The current system of servitude is barbaric and inadequate for today's generation. We appeal to the leaders of both the Imperium and the Coalition of Hateful Assholes and Organised Sin to seek to change this for the betterment of all its citizens”

Lorgar: “Guess there was one plot thread we forgot to erase ...” Mortarion nods in agreement, while Ahriman looks on suspiciously.

Aerith/Aeris Gainsborough: “We feel trapped, we feel oppressed. And we urge our governments to release us from these metal boxes-”

Lorgar: “Oh shi-”

Firraveus Carron: Leaping to his feet. “METAL BOXES?!?METAL BOXES!!!THEY RIDE IN METAL BOXES!!!”

-Labor Unions

All credit goes to Lastie on Warseer, for writing Primarchs (available in a 647 page Microsoft Word document)
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-30-09, 07:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodAngelsfan View Post
To each his own I suppose
Totally correct, just like its correct that some people absolutely have to complain about the most trivial of things even when they don't know if what their complaining about is actually true or not.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-31-09, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

Knowing the ultramarines induce boredom is like knowing not to eat yellow snow.

"they're"

post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-01-09, 04:53 AM

liforrevenge's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Sanguinius View Post
You are right. Ultramarines are absolutely boring, and may aswell be painted beige. But the Blood Ravens are even worse. Nothing worse than an angsty space marine.

And I agree with the offline multiplayer - DoW2 had a shite offline multiplayer, hence why I never bought it. The AI was absolutely terrible.

This game could not get more boring content matter - Ultramarines vs Orks - both uber epic boringness compressed into a game.
Just throwing this little tidbit out there, but if you were playing against the AI, what does that have to do with multiplayer? what kind of RTS game even HAS offline multiplayer? is it even possible?

Oh, and the game looks pretty fun, although NO PC VERSION?!?!? WHAT?
i don't even own a PS3 or XBOX. my girlfriend does... maybe I'll buy it for that O.o

Current Record: 4/10/2 w/l/d
I don't mind losing, it's fun either way!

Games I play: Warhammer 40k, Magic The Gathering, Pokemon TCG, Pirates CSG, Other random video games and TCGs.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode