Halo- ODST - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-07-09, 08:18 AM Thread Starter
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

Default Halo- ODST

Now, I don't own an XBOX, nor do I particularly care for Halo (blasphemy, I know-- I just never could get that into it.) However, every time this commercial comes on, I'm dumbstruck. This is one of the coolest trailers I've seen for anything gaming-related in a long time. I was sort of disappointed to hear that the game didn't live up to what people expected of it, though-- usually, if a company takes the time to make something this awesome for the trailer, the game itself has at least the same production value and quality of gameplay to it.

ASK ME HOW TO GET 20% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!
My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-07-09, 09:09 AM

robinson's Flag is: Australia

Great trailer, hadn't heard how the game preformed though would still like to play it. Everyone has there own opinion though.

There can be no bystanders in the battle for survival

Anyone who will not fight by your side is an enemy you must crush

Scriptorius Munificantus

95% of teens would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers @ the top of a skyscraper about to jump.
Copy and paste this if you are the 5% that would get popcorn and a chair, sit and shout "Jump assholes!

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-07-09, 12:56 PM

World Eater XII's Flag is: United Kingdom

tis a great add for a brill game tbh!

Let the Galaxy Burn.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-07-09, 02:02 PM

Concrete Hero's Flag is: Wales

Game is brilliant.

Not that the Halo Franchise needed juicing up, but it was actually very refreshing coming into the universe with a different play style. Love everything about ODST, the way the missions work, the dark night time of the Rooks missions and the music.

Overall, brilliant game

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-07-09, 02:19 PM
Senior Moderator

So thats what the full trailer looks like; all I've ever been able to see was about thirty seconds of it, pretty much just showing the shooting and the drop on planet and that was it. Full version looks much better.

Overall I didn't think the game was to bad, as Concrete says, it was a refreshing add to a good game. (Personally it wasn't a great game, because after that terrible second one halo three to me felt like it was just tieing up loose ends with a bit of a story. Halo 1 was the best of the three for me.)

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-07-09, 02:31 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

great trailer, when I saw it on TV first time I didn't realise it was for ODST, I actually hoped for a fleeting moment that finally a movie was coming, unfortunatly not to be.

I also really enjoy the game, firefight is intense and just oozes with fun, the campaign is great, even on easy its a little more of a challenge than playing as the invincible chief, which is obviously a good thing as playing as the chief even on hard is easy.

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-07-09, 02:34 PM
Slaanesh's Plaything

Talos's Flag is: United Kingdom

I thought ODST was pretty rubbish. I have always found Halo's sp aspect lacking and pretty rubbish and as ODST adds nothing to mp but firefight which like horde mode I will play like 5 times max it was not worth £35. Glad I rented it.
The trailer is very cool though.

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-07-09, 09:23 PM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

From what I hear, that trailer is longer than the game.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-07-09, 10:12 PM

Farseer Beltiac's Flag is: USA

I liked the trailer...it was very well done cinematographic wise. I'm not sure what language they were speaking though...

I'm looking forward to playing....I don't have a 360 yet so I'm saving up. It was sad at the end though, much of war is, even if it is a ficticious game.

This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground sir. We're not going anywhere."
—SPARTAN-259
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-07-09, 10:27 PM

Crude's Flag is: New Zealand

just mentioned this on the "are games getting easier" thread.

the campaign is short and easy (me and a friend finished it on the highest difficulty setting in an afternoon), and we now have to give it a rest after getting the 200,000 point achievements on each firefight.

the good points.

-firefight adds a cool new dimension to the halo system - basically the same as horde mode on gears of war 2.

-even though the campaign is easy, it has something for the player to aspire too - theres an achievement for getting to the 4th block of enemies on 4 player heroic. its hard to get past the 1st block on anything but the easiest difficulty and will require fighting through 45 waves of enemies

-the soundtrack! basically the campaign is split into stealth levels with the rookie, and 'gung-ho' levels with the other squad members. while using the rookie there were a few times where i just looked around the city while listening to the music, tis seriously good.

like most games today i suppose its geared more towards online play, which i suppose it does well with firefight. if people wanted to fight other people, theyd play halo 3.

A computer once beat me at chess...
It was no match for me at kick boxing

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode