getting sick of PC - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-27-09, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

hells_fury's Flag is: Australia

Default getting sick of PC

the past few months ive been having some shit time with my gaming, its most likely just me or if not a few people that would have these but i want your guys opinions.

STEAM
dont take it wrong, its a good program when i stop and think about it, but it has too many bugs and problems that does run havoc with me. i purchased FEAR 2 a while ago, installed, set the option to not patch automaticlly, finished installing and learnt that option doesnt work. i had to download 1.5 GB of stuff i didnt want to play single player. and with steam bieng the future im not liking that for every game i get thats a few months old. yes i have told them, they "are" patching it, been 2 months so far

ANTI PIRACY
the most annoying thing ive ever came across, not so bad nowadays, but the amount of old games i have that wont let me play them till i put the original disk in, ait, i do have the original disk you heap of junk sigh, and before any accusations is hurled, yes i did pirate, stopped, destroyed all the illegal games and am now 100% legit

THE MORONS THAT PLAY ONLINE
i dont know about anyone else but lately on call of duty there has been a huge surge in players that whine about everything, they play in a public server that says use what ever you want and then tell people not to use this and call others noobs for that.ive had one person whine about a guy with jug going off calling him a fag and a stupid noob ect, next thing i killed that guy and he had jug on surprise surprise, and its majority of the people in the servers that cry nowadays and its annoying me how they cant just get over it.

GAMES THAT ARNT TESTED PROPERLY

so far ive had a patch and a game that hasnt been tested on vista 64 bit, how do i know, cause me and the other 64 bit users have found out they obviously have never been tested as they are always causeing problems which is then left to the players to fix themselves

thats all for now but the problem is im thinking getting a 360 for gaming and my PC is for PC only games and call of duty online as getting a game for SP is just stupid waste of time and money for me on PC

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

if your bored my MSN is hells_fury@live.com, add me and ill talk with anyone :p

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-27-09, 12:51 PM
Slave to Heresy!

Jezlad's Flag is: United Kingdom

Stop playing retarded games with dickheads then

I opted out of video games 4 years ago, the whole hobby is full of whiney sulking pricks.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-27-09, 01:23 PM

BloodAngelsfan's Flag is: USA

I play video games only with friends or single player (albeit that I play only Single Player RPGs and RTSs on PC). If you want to have a good time get together with some friends and setup a LAN, you'll know no one's going to whine and such and you already know everyone. Only benefits.

Aerith/Aeris Gainsborough: “The current system of servitude is barbaric and inadequate for today's generation. We appeal to the leaders of both the Imperium and the Coalition of Hateful Assholes and Organised Sin to seek to change this for the betterment of all its citizens”

Lorgar: “Guess there was one plot thread we forgot to erase ...” Mortarion nods in agreement, while Ahriman looks on suspiciously.

Aerith/Aeris Gainsborough: “We feel trapped, we feel oppressed. And we urge our governments to release us from these metal boxes-”

Lorgar: “Oh shi-”

Firraveus Carron: Leaping to his feet. “METAL BOXES?!?METAL BOXES!!!THEY RIDE IN METAL BOXES!!!”

-Labor Unions

All credit goes to Lastie on Warseer, for writing Primarchs (available in a 647 page Microsoft Word document)
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-27-09, 01:27 PM Thread Starter

great advice but one problem, i have fail internet so i can only play on a few servers so dont have much of a choice and its not all, but its starting to become more and more sadly

as for giving up gaming its like giving up 40k, its just a hobby i love but its really going downhill lately, especially with steams forced patching crap i know dont buy games as i never play them

edit @ BloodAngelsfan, at lan there is no garantee, my mates are a whiner, im a rager myself but its more rage at my stupidity and single player is ruined with steams forced patching as mentioned above, it annoys me downloading 1.5 gig wasting 6 hours for a game ill play for a weeek before theres a new patch and i have to download more

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

Last edited by hells_fury; 09-27-09 at 01:30 PM.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-28-09, 04:33 AM
Pally-HO!!!!

Captain Galus's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by hells_fury View Post

THE MORONS THAT PLAY ONLINE
i dont know about anyone else but lately on call of duty there has been a huge surge in players that whine about everything, they play in a public server that says use what ever you want and then tell people not to use this and call others noobs for that.ive had one person whine about a guy with jug going off calling him a fag and a stupid noob ect, next thing i killed that guy and he had jug on surprise surprise, and its majority of the people in the servers that cry nowadays and its annoying me how they cant just get over it.
Personally I find killing zombies more morally offensive than gunning down these fucktards online. If they whine about me popping off an M203 once or twice in a game, I bust out my noobtoob class the next game and give em 40mm of explosive bawlz in their face.

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-14-09, 01:54 PM
Classs's Flag is: Australia

Sad to say I have to agree with you ( except about steam ).

I think anti piracy noways is worse. They limit how many times can you install a game and online activation and a whole load of other rubbish.

Or you could get a pirated copy, use the hack and never worry about it.

looks like anti piracy just dosent work
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-14-09, 04:38 PM
Lord of Decay

FATHER NURGLE's Flag is: United Kingdom

Ya I play Xbox 360 most of the time , On Gears of war 1 & 2 , people are even worse on this game if you beat them down or 2 piece them or active them they go nuts & just dont stop sending u msgs Saying ur sh#t and all that crap , I mean these things are in the game why cant we use them most people on games are TiTs rant over .
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-14-09, 09:58 PM Thread Starter

haha nurgle, its so stupid, i know how you feel, i know for me when i kill smeone with jug they scream but if they kill me they dont care i have jug, 90% of all crying is when they are killed i dont get it

@classes, i fail to understand how you believe forced patching on games is a gd thing, i would love to have it explained

atm i m staying with my pc untill cod6 and see how it goes, if things are the same i shall be buying a 360 so i dnt have t patch my games although i probably wont ply online cause i suck on console

a warning on a crossbow

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-09, 02:14 AM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by hells_fury View Post
haha nurgle, its so stupid, i know how you feel, i know for me when i kill smeone with jug they scream but if they kill me they dont care i have jug, 90% of all crying is when they are killed i dont get it

@classes, i fail to understand how you believe forced patching on games is a gd thing, i would love to have it explained

atm i m staying with my pc untill cod6 and see how it goes, if things are the same i shall be buying a 360 so i dnt have t patch my games although i probably wont ply online cause i suck on console
You can turn off the automatic patching for games through Steam, though why you'd want to is beyond me. People turn it off then they just complain they can't play online unless they patch. Why should servers bend over backwards to serve the stubborn minority here?

Keeping a game up to date means, amongst other things:
1) You can't bitch about bugs patched unless they're added BY the patch.
2) Everyone in a multiplayer game is on the same level with the same content.
3) It stops people using exploits in different versions of games, therefore keeping cheating at a minimum

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-09, 02:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
You can turn off the automatic patching for games through Steam, though why you'd want to is beyond me. People turn it off then they just complain they can't play online unless they patch. Why should servers bend over backwards to serve the stubborn minority here?
you can turn it off but it doesnt work, trust me, the game still patches, why i want to do it, well when i buy fear 2 to play campaign i dnt want to sit around for 6 hours getting patches i dont want or care about, you can live without patches, i have done so before steam, the only games i ever patched where my multi player games, for single player i dont care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
Keeping a game up to date means, amongst other things:
1) You can't bitch about bugs patched unless they're added BY the patch.
2) Everyone in a multiplayer game is on the same level with the same content.
3) It stops people using exploits in different versions of games, therefore keeping cheating at a minimum
1. i dont mind bugs, they are always in games even after they have been patched, ive learnt to live with them, they are a part of every game.

2 and 3. i understand that part which is why team fotress 2 and world at war is always patched for me, i dont mind patching a game for MP as it is required, i know in WAW you cant join a server if you have an old version and i have no problems, those two reasons are essiantly why MP games need to be patched, but not SP games

a warning on a crossbow

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode