getting sick of PC - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-09, 03:23 PM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by hells_fury View Post
you can turn it off but it doesnt work, trust me, the game still patches, why i want to do it, well when i buy fear 2 to play campaign i dnt want to sit around for 6 hours getting patches i dont want or care about, you can live without patches, i have done so before steam, the only games i ever patched where my multi player games, for single player i dont care.
Then, as said before, that's a problem with your system, not Steam. The majority of people have no problem whatsoever with disabling automatic patching.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-09, 10:21 PM

PC rules for so many reasons over a console.

"My pc is getting outdated... no worries, just throw in a few sticks of ram, maybe update the gfx card, and I may be able to milk 2 to 3 more years of gameplay out of it, depending on how good my motherboard and processor are."

"My console is outdated... no worries, ill just throw it away and spend 500 bucks to buy a new one!"

Plus, a mouse beats the crap out of a joystick any day.
And you don't have to deal with the annoyances of exclusives and the gimmicks that you pay extra for that consoles throw on to attract nongamers.

And you think people are obnoxious on PC games?
Many a times on Xbox I have experienced the token 12 year old griefer.

And Steam, well Steam is a mixed blessing.
If you can remember all the way back to the CS 1.6 Steam, it was an atrocity. Seriously valve should be persecuted for crimes against humanity for releasing that piece of garbage.
Over time though, they have exponentially increased the stability, plus the friends network is an extremely useful tool for networking not only with friends you already have, but for finding decent servers, other players who do not grief, etc.
Now Steam only bugs out on me as much as any other program does on Vista 64 bit, which is all the goddamn time, but Valve is not to receive the brunt of the blame on that one.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-19-09, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

hells_fury's Flag is: Australia

gah, i now see my problems with steam FUCK YOU VISTA god damn it, thats it im getting windows 7, theres a lesson here, vista is not worth it, even if it is free

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

if your bored my MSN is hells_fury@live.com, add me and ill talk with anyone :p

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-21-09, 07:52 PM

maxvon_d's Flag is: United Kingdom

I used to be a died-in-the-wool PC gamer but after accumulated years of crashes, graphics driver updates, patches, etc, for most games I wanted to play I decided to shift over to Xbox a couple of years back and really haven't looked back.

Sure I miss the mouse control on the shooters but it's safe to say that I am enjoying my gaming so much more these days.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-21-09, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

hells_fury's Flag is: Australia

yeah, atm im thinking of getting a 360 to go along with my desktop, my pc is for online gaming since i suck at console compared to pc, and i just buy the campaign games for the 360, no dealing with steam, even if windows 7 does fix it a lot of good games are console only which is stupid (fable and space marine)

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

if your bored my MSN is hells_fury@live.com, add me and ill talk with anyone :p

post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-23-09, 10:52 AM

chromedog's Flag is: Australia

This is why I stick to single player or PvP on a 2nd controller and my PS2.
I have ALL the games I want for it, and don't have to put up with 14 year old dickwads screeching "noob" at me through a headset.

I have a network adapter (it's an old chunky PS2, not the slim one with built-in NA) but that was mainly for the flipside of the adapter, which has an IDE port for plugging in a HD. The adapter itself has never been plugged into my router. The PS2 has a 40gb drive plugged in and hasn't failed me in the last 9 years (how long I've had it - it was a birthday present to myself when I was 32).

I don't play PC games, and the amount of friends with RRoD 360s pretty much put me off them, and I don't want or need a blu-ray player. I'm also not a 'serious' gamer. The PS2 was bought because it was dual purpose (it was also my dvd player).

Hey! Where'd ... Everybody ... go?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode