DoW: Soulstorm Troubles - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-25-09, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

AAAAAAAAARRRGGHH's Flag is: Denmark

Default DoW: Soulstorm Troubles

Hey, i've got a problem. I recently purchased Soulstorm (not downloaded it) and whenever I insert the dvd, autoplay doesn't start and when I manually try to install it windows freezes up. Even when I try to go through explorer.
I just can't touch the game without causing everything to freeze until I take the disc out.

Now, i've done some minor research on the problem, but all I could find were poeple having the same problem on XP or different problems on Vist64. Which sucks because I use Vista32 and apparently everyone else is free of this crappe but me.

If someone a little (or lot) more adept at dealing with these things than me I would be most grateful. You would be my saviour!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post
So you're a wanker?
Who cares? Anyone that says they don't wank is a lying twat. Wank hard, wank often.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-25-09, 02:10 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

What are your specs?

IIRC - try seeing if there are any driver updates. I had trouble with Spooge Errors, and a ismilar crash - could be the same thing. Alternatively, gett a refund, and purchase through Steam, or, preferably, Direct 2 Drive (I used the latter, far better by far, apart from Gay Spy lobby).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

Last edited by Vaz; 09-25-09 at 02:13 PM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-25-09, 02:25 PM

Underground Heretic's Flag is: USA

If you are using Steam, you just need to enter the product code, the key you used to try to install it, and it will recognize your purchase of the game and begin trying to download it to your computer. Completely free of additional charge, since you have already purchased the game, easy download, speed will depend on your internet connection (you do have one right? ) and it is legal everywhere as far as I know.

That which doesn't kill me has made a tactical mistake.

Rites of Battle Your source for 40k opinions, news, and hobby updates.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-25-09, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

AAAAAAAAARRRGGHH's Flag is: Denmark

Vaz: My specs are more than whats required. Plenty more.
About the wacky spooge driver that only happened with the original DoW, and that was easily fixed. This is no such thing.

Underground Heretic: I am currently not using steam (because all the games I play don't need it), so that is an incredibly useful suggestion.

Thanks for the quick replys, you guys may just have saved my day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post
So you're a wanker?
Who cares? Anyone that says they don't wank is a lying twat. Wank hard, wank often.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode