why is camping so bad????? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-16-09, 10:29 PM
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

Yeah, I play most FPS games by just holding down the 'W' key- on DOD I will occasionally have the highest kills on my team (im always up there somewhere) but I almost certainly have the most deaths- i think of it as blindly headbutting a wall.... eventually you find a window and break through: I die loads, kill loads but also I tend to win more games then I should for my skill (Im clever and often out manouver enemies but Im not one of these scarily good people who can just fight through 5 enemies in a row).
- incidently campers are good for 1 thing... getting behind them and runing through levels the 'wrong' way punching/knifing them to death is very satisfying.*Die B******s*

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-16-09, 11:15 PM Thread Starter

hells_fury's Flag is: Australia

last night camping i got a 20 kill streak, i was in a room wheer prone i took up 20% of the room, it was a tin wall, now instead of cooking nades and throwing them at me or shooting through a wall they continuously run at me in the hopes ill miss, i didnt, i died about 5 kills later when i was running around the map picking them off. in the area i was in all they had to do was hold the nade for 2-3 seconds then hurl through the window hitting the roof and it would bounce down on me. but no one did, and then they cried that i was the noob. if they left me alone at the start i would of got bored and wandered off, but they kept charging meaning it was worth my while to camp.

point is, if people keep charging the camper of course they are going to stay there, why move away from your supply of easy kills, if everyone bycotts the camper, they will get bored and start moving, thats what i do, once the supply of kills dwindles i move off somewhere else.

another thing u mention is if one player camps, another camps and the effect ripples, im yet too see that in cod, if one team camps its cause its under constant attack from the other team, players camping on their own has never led to others camping with multiple paths people always bycott campers if they are smart enough, ive never been in a server where everyone camps, if that happens im on the charge as id get bored.

also, what is this if its a sniper rifle its not camping, it is camping, they are sitting in one spot watching an area plugging people who walks there, thats like saying chocolate icecream isnt icecream because its a different flavor, to me if your sitting in a spot watching an area for an enemy so u can plug them ur camping, camping can range from 20 seconds where you check the area for enemy's before charging to 5 mins where you hold of 20+ players as they continuously run at you, having a certain gun does not mean its not camping

also, campers can win games, i know that for a fact, im usally the top player in a server, if not ill be in the top 3, in team death match earning your team 200 points while the enemy gets 10 out of you is downright painfull, do it twice and its gg unless your team sucks, objective based games, campers will win you the game, sure you can take the objective, thats good, but then the enemy takes it back because your off getting another, a camper defending your objective can hold off the enemy for a long time, i held of one objective for 7 mins straight before i ran out of ammo and did a knife charge taking another one with me, now since we held 2 objectives out of 3 for that 7 mins we easily won the game, we got 168 points while the enemy got 84 points, but if i wasnt defending then the enemy would of taken the objective back ages ago and prob kicked our asses

lastly, just cause i endorse camping does not mean i do it all the time, i do it occasionally, sometimes i run around like a dick head, i can still rack up kills there, its not camping making me better, i have the skill, camping just puts meas i dont have to find the enemy, they come to me

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

if your bored my MSN is hells_fury@live.com, add me and ill talk with anyone :p

post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-17-09, 06:44 AM

Kale Hellas's Flag is: Australia

hells_fury

the reason i said artillery strike is because the people i play with will either have snipers or alot more experience than me so i always have to go over board when i try and kill them because i lack most skill,although im still the only person out of the 5people we had playing who decided to go the long way and shoot the camper in the back with a trench gun

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-17-09, 07:02 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Barrett+Deep Impact. Yes please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-17-09, 08:35 AM
WFB Moderator

@hells_fury: its a game, if you piss off the people you play with that much and dont care you're an ass... having said that yes, by your description you are indeed playing with noobs: anyone who camps and kills me more then once is a dead man (first time I die fine, second time I know where they are so should kill them, third time they get naded (because now I know exactly where they are)... if it keeps going I switch to a bazooka/panzershrek and blast them to pieces.
- I would also disagree with your idea of what camping is: defending an area for 5s is not camping (I would say its only camping if you stay there long enough to have killed the same guy twice- okay spawn camping may only take 5s).

Camping rippling through games of DOD is common enough, though normally on 1 team only (without any support its pointless to try to take the fight to the enemy_- consequently people often get more annoyed with campers on their own team then the enemies (I dont abuse them in chat but many people do.. normally results in a slagging match anyway). Incidently any team that this happens to will lose a lot of games relatively quickly (again why this annoys the better payers)- you just cant win (or avoid losing) domination type games without attacking, just trying to hold your own points will eventually mean you lose.

Sniper rifles/heavy machine guns cant camp because they are meant to be stationary- they arent very good if you are actually advancing through a level (well, the immense snipers in DoD are... but then they are just wrong). MGs either that cant shoot or are incredibly inaccurate when not deployed (you can kill people with an mg on DoD if you are at point blank range... you'll miss at more then 1-2m) should never be moving when they meet an enemy- thats the sure sign of a noob, or an unlucky sod.

post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-17-09, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

@ kale, true, i guess ive been playing to long and im not used to thinking like a new player on how to kill a camper, but arty's are pretty good at getting them, unless they are hidding in a building

@tim/steve, yes i do not give a rats arse about the people i play with nowadays, i guess the community's gone to shit, the older and some new players are quite good to play with as they chat and arnt whiners, but nowadays, in a match at least 3+ people will cry over jugg, campers, marty, subs, bolts, u name it they cry and im just over caring about their gaming experience when they never cared about anybody else but theirs

again, i think we should stop comparing camping for the different games, its too diffrent really and as for domination, yes, u cant win by defending only, but you also cant win by continuously attacking if u dont defend, u need a mix, majority attacking, a few defending is the best mix, sadly my allies in game never get that and leave me to defend on my own, i can hold of only so many on my own, back up is nice but yeah

lastly, once more you say its ok to camp with certain weapons because its not camping, why inst it camping, why does a gun determine what you are doing, if i snipe with a sub its camping if i snipe with a sniper its sniping, why, both doing the same thing buy the gun determines what im doing, no, i can charge with a machine gun, have you seen th FG 42 in cod, its a sub on steroids, but its a machine gun, i charge with a browning with ease, not boasting but a gun does not define wat you are doing, if you sit in a spot and look with your gun trained on an area for a kill you are camping, it doesnt matter wether your gun is designed for being stationary or not, i charge with bolts all the time for fun, then i sniper with them.

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-17-09, 12:13 PM
WFB Moderator

I dont know about CoD but DoD limits the number of sniper/MGs (normally 2 sniper 1 MG on a team of <16), its expected they camp (so no-one complains- thats really the difference here). If they wanted the game to be impossibelt eh devs would have made it 16 MGs as the only weapon.

Sure you want defenders but normally to support the attackers: force the enemy back then hold the ground. If your defenders (like the MG) sit way back defending your own objectives then the attackers make a surge, win ground .. then have to do it all over again.

post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-17-09, 12:13 PM
Slaanesh's Plaything

Talos's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by hells_fury View Post

lastly, once more you say its ok to camp with certain weapons because its not camping, why inst it camping, why does a gun determine what you are doing, if i snipe with a sub its camping if i snipe with a sniper its sniping, why, both doing the same thing buy the gun determines what im doing, no, i can charge with a machine gun, have you seen th FG 42 in cod, its a sub on steroids, but its a machine gun, i charge with a browning with ease, not boasting but a gun does not define wat you are doing, if you sit in a spot and look with your gun trained on an area for a kill you are camping, it doesnt matter wether your gun is designed for being stationary or not, i charge with bolts all the time for fun, then i sniper with them.
This leads about to point about talking about different games, in DOD you actually cant use the MG unless its set up ( well you can fire on the move but it wont hit anything and is not designed to) where as in COD I always used the M60 which is a LMG so I can use it on the move and I never camp unless its S&D and we are defending where it is not camping it is defending.
So back to my point the weapon do change if you are camping or not well at least with DOD as you cant really be called a camping for staying still using a MG as it wont work otherwise.

Ninjaed

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-17-09, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

i guess you guys arnt seeing the point, it doesnt matter wether the gun is meant to be stationary or not, it is camping, u can call it defending, snipering wateva, the point is it is still camping, now that isnt a bad thing to me

and in cod theres no limit, whole team of subs or snipers can and has happened lol

as for defending i guess its diffrent games once more, in cod CTF or DOM it doesnt matter where the flag or capture point is, they are under constant attack, there is no forward ground really, its the spawn point and then where ever your team is alive thats ur ground, from what im reading in DoD its a straight line, like war in COD, theres only one point for capture, not multiple

a warning on a crossbow

post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-18-09, 03:14 AM

heliosmj12's Flag is: Australia

Campers are alright, but they are stupid for doing so. A good sniper should displace to another location each time they kill a person or when they feel that they are in danger. I can't say anything because I have camped before, but I don't get the same points as I do if I get into the action, because I'm a lousy shot with the sniper rifle.

But Spawn Campers piss me off even more so. Players on Warhawk are the worst offenders, hovering above the main enemy base when they have no other bases and annihilate them. Its a good thing on BF1943 that the enemy cannot get any points for killing you when you are on your main base.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode