I'm afraid i've just sold my soul.... - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-21-09, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

Spot The Grot's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'm afraid i've just sold my soul....

Geuss what?

I got world of warcraft .

Honestly the £10 a month sounds bad but really its not like its making a huge dent in your savings etc. Most people spend loads of money on warhammer and we know how stupidly overpriced a bunch of plastic spacemen are.

Ive read a lot of crap about it being addictive but meh. How bad can it be?I know a lot of people who say its addictive but i also know people who say theyve never had any addict problems.

What can i expect? Its only a game how bad can it be? (famous last words)

Any way do we have any other WOW players on these forums? Especially if you play on the Magetheridon realm and are horde.

Last edited by Spot The Grot; 08-21-09 at 03:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-21-09, 02:57 PM

BloodAngelsfan's Flag is: USA

I occasionally play WoW, as well a decent number of my relatives play WoW. However I mainly play Warhammer, I just play WoW when I'm out of game time. I do have an 80 and a 71 though.

Aerith/Aeris Gainsborough: “The current system of servitude is barbaric and inadequate for today's generation. We appeal to the leaders of both the Imperium and the Coalition of Hateful Assholes and Organised Sin to seek to change this for the betterment of all its citizens”

Lorgar: “Guess there was one plot thread we forgot to erase ...” Mortarion nods in agreement, while Ahriman looks on suspiciously.

Aerith/Aeris Gainsborough: “We feel trapped, we feel oppressed. And we urge our governments to release us from these metal boxes-”

Lorgar: “Oh shi-”

Firraveus Carron: Leaping to his feet. “METAL BOXES?!?METAL BOXES!!!THEY RIDE IN METAL BOXES!!!”

-Labor Unions

All credit goes to Lastie on Warseer, for writing Primarchs (available in a 647 page Microsoft Word document)
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-22-09, 01:00 AM
Pally-HO!!!!

Captain Galus's Flag is: USA

What is all this shinanningens? I think people forget the fact that you don't have to play WoW every day. It's just like every other videogame; idiots take it too far and ruin it for the rest of us.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-22-09, 01:07 AM

Chocobuncle's Flag is: USA

WoWs ok but I heard Warhammer Online is way better, better PvP and graphics
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-22-09, 01:09 AM

Euphrati's Flag is: USA

Or, you can come to the true dark side and join Everquest.
We have cookies and punch!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-22-09, 01:28 AM

Tensiu's Flag is: Poland

WoW, eh? Man, you didn't sell just your soul. You have sold your whole life!
And Warhammer Online is going down : /
You should try Age of Conan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azkaellon View Post
Boobs, That is all.
Victories - 0
Draws - 0
Failures - 4
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-22-09, 03:55 AM

BloodAngelsfan's Flag is: USA

I wouldn't say WAR is better than WoW (and not just to avoid a large nerd war). WoW is a PvE based game, and it does that very well yet the PvP isn't that great. On the other hand WAR is a PvP (technically RvR) based game, and it's PvE is nothing special (except for select PQ's and some things in LotD). Also in regards to Age of Conan, My frined tried that after he couldn't play WAR (he was using his stepbrothers account and his stepbrother canceled it) and after quitting WoW, He said it paled in comparison to either (not in those exact words)

Aerith/Aeris Gainsborough: “The current system of servitude is barbaric and inadequate for today's generation. We appeal to the leaders of both the Imperium and the Coalition of Hateful Assholes and Organised Sin to seek to change this for the betterment of all its citizens”

Lorgar: “Guess there was one plot thread we forgot to erase ...” Mortarion nods in agreement, while Ahriman looks on suspiciously.

Aerith/Aeris Gainsborough: “We feel trapped, we feel oppressed. And we urge our governments to release us from these metal boxes-”

Lorgar: “Oh shi-”

Firraveus Carron: Leaping to his feet. “METAL BOXES?!?METAL BOXES!!!THEY RIDE IN METAL BOXES!!!”

-Labor Unions

All credit goes to Lastie on Warseer, for writing Primarchs (available in a 647 page Microsoft Word document)
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-22-09, 09:00 AM Thread Starter

Spot The Grot's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocobuncle View Post
WoWs ok but I heard Warhammer Online is way better, better PvP and graphics
ive played WAR and i wasn't impressed with it.The combats are so slow paced. There are less people who play it which means you make less mates get less money in game cause theres nobody to trade with plus i never really thought that they made that much effort to truly distunguish the different races with different abilities.

The only problem i have with WOW is fucking blood elves.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-22-09, 11:21 AM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

I see words, but all I read is "EVE, EVE, EVE" ;)

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-03-09, 07:57 AM

PandaPaws's Flag is: United Kingdom

I play WoW and as I haven't played any of the other types of MMORPG I can't really give a comparison... but what I will add is that I have an old PC and not really interested in updating, and WoW can still be played very well...

As for WoW itself, the game is only addictive if the player is either weaker-willed, has an addictive persuasion towards things or simply has nothing else to do... etc etc! I go online at least 3x times a weak for at least an hour, you can do what you need to do in that time... unless you plan to be a raider, in that case... bye bye life/soul/20-20 vision etc! /wink

Exodite Eldar (5th Ed):W - 3. D - 3. L - 5.
Angelis Nocturnus (5th Ed):W - 9. D - 5. L - 11.
Tale of Four Gamers (UK)
Tale of Four Gamers (UK) Battle Reports

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode