Dawn of War 2 (if it ever comes out) - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-08-08, 05:47 PM

Oh and all DoW games out are in the DoW title series not DoW 2, for instance in medieval total war(to use it again) there is medieval total war and expansions(also stand alone) and medieval 2 total war again with stand alone expansions, so alhtough they are stand alone DC, SS are both part of DoW 1.

They shall be pure of heart and strong of body, untainted by doubt and unsullied by self-aggrandisement. They will be bright stars in the firmament of battle. Angels of Death whose shining wings bring swift annihilation to the enemies of Man. So it shall be for a thousand times a thousand years, unto the very end of eternity and the extinction of mortal flesh.

- Roboute Guilliman on the Space Marines

stick and stones will break my bones..but words will hurt forever
- J.D, Scrubs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-08-08, 07:09 PM

With Dawn of War: Soulstorm comin' out, i doubt there will bee a DoW 2, Instead 9 Expansion packs.

and tyranids will cause the game to crash. 4 units of 32 hormagaunts, all doing complex movment tracks. the game wont be able to cope
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-08-08, 07:12 PM

Ordo Xeno Commander's Flag is: New Zealand

or they will up the required stats and YOUR computer will crash, but the game will run fine on better computers
post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-08-08, 08:24 PM

Lord Sinkoran's Flag is: England

ithink there should be flyers

Violence is never the answer, it is the question, to which the answer is, yes
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-09-08, 04:12 AM

Ordo Xeno Commander's Flag is: New Zealand

that would be sweet, im liking that idea alot
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-12-08, 06:27 PM

Alexander_67's Flag is: Great Britain

Yeah all the races are a must and they certainly have to get the thousand sons, noise marines and plague marines in the there as playable units.

They need to get the game balance right first time, not just wait for us to be there testers and give into all the whiny kids who think that just because they lost that everyone elses units are overpowered then release a billion patches to really screw around with peoples day. That really got to me about the original.

As for the campaign aspect of it i'd rather something like the original DOW with a set path, maybe some choice as to what you fight influenced by choices you make in game, some army customisation would be cool too. Seriously to hell with the goddam risk esk type the new dark crusade had which seems to be the same damn thing that every other strategy game on the planet now incorporates. I think it sucks. Sure the end battle of the races were cool but the rest bored the piss out of me. Why not make a whole series of levels as cool as those ones? But i digress, a set campaign with an army you yourself create, paint scheme wise and commander wise would be enough in my book.

A great tactician knows that victory is one part planning and nine parts faith

Remember Alex arrogance killed the person nobody liked.

Witch hunters Order of the Purging Blade Tally
Wins - 9 (2000 pt space marine force)
Losses - 3
Draw - 3
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-22-08, 02:49 AM
The Traveler

Dirge Eterna's Flag is: USA

It would be awesome to get a COMPLETELY customizable commander and sergeants. Like, RPG-style custom, with weapons, wargear, spells, abilities, perks, etc.

I would also like to see ALL unit blocks removed (Limit: 1). I don't care if you have seven Baneblades, you had the money to buy them, and the time, so I should suffer the consequences of my stupidity.

I would like to see (but this will never happen) a pre-Heresy style game, where Space Marine Legions go to war against thinking machines and vile aliens. I would LOVE to see ship-to-ship boarding actions and fighting (as seen in Star Wars: Empire At War). I would like, basically, to fight the Great Crusade from my computer, complete with ship support, Tactical fighter units, tanks, infantry, support, and flyers. I would like commanders that are not carbon-copies of Gabriel Angelos or Davian Thule, and I would like for my army to be more than 50 marines and 5 tanks. La-ame.

-Dirge

You'll forgive me, but you must be mistaken. I've met your makers, and they don't even know your name...

GIVING CHASE- ORDO HERETICUS FIC
(Updated Mar. 19)

Hat in the Ring
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-22-08, 02:56 AM

Nosotros's Flag is: USA

the camera needs to be able to scroll out more, this game gives me the ability to blitz within 10minutes with 30/20 SMs and thus I need a bigger view to more properly coordinate attacks.
Something more SupCom-esque.

post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-22-08, 03:24 AM

Steel Rain's Flag is: USA

doctrines. and bike units.

Quote:
*sigh* I have to point out that despite what you see in games, lasrifles win wars. Just because lasrifles suck at killing superhuman killing machines in power armor does not mean that they are bad weapons. You are shooting them at the wrong targets. The most common enemy the Imperium faces is lightly armored humans armed with lasguns or autoguns, NOT SPACE MARINES.
-me
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-18-08, 02:46 AM

deep striking eldar units (swooping hawks or a deep striking ability for warp spiders), chaos thousand sons/plague marines/noise marines, ork warbikes, Imperial Guard catachans or vostroyans, extra weapon options for Tau vehicles (ex. missile pods for hammerheads), space marine vindicators/whatever else the marines don't have in dawn of war, and anything that the necrons don't have in dawn of war (I don't think there's anything that qualifies for that).

Sig made by Tau Chaotix

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode