Warhammer 40k Online - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-05-09, 05:41 AM Thread Starter

Mitchy's Flag is: Canada

Default Warhammer 40k Online

i was searching 40k stuff, and my computer came up with a game called Warhammer 40k Online, i looked it up, and i found that it is supposesed to be like WoW, but with Space Marines, and Orks, etc. i dont know any details, but it looks awesome, i just made this post to see if anyone knew more about it then me, and if anyone knew when its coming out.

"Everyone is intitled to an opinion, but mines the one that matters"

"Serve me in life, or slave for me in death"
Vlad von Carstein

Vampire Counts
Wins/Ties/Losses
1/2/2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-06-09, 02:03 AM

BloodAngelsfan's Flag is: USA

Currently little to no details have been revealed regarding the Warhammer 40,000 MMO. however, for the sake of a franchise where small arms fire is important I severely hope that it has little in common with WoW, as WoW is a PvE (Player versus Environment) based game. However it has been stated that all races important to the lore and to the players will be present in the game.

Aerith/Aeris Gainsborough: “The current system of servitude is barbaric and inadequate for today's generation. We appeal to the leaders of both the Imperium and the Coalition of Hateful Assholes and Organised Sin to seek to change this for the betterment of all its citizens”

Lorgar: “Guess there was one plot thread we forgot to erase ...” Mortarion nods in agreement, while Ahriman looks on suspiciously.

Aerith/Aeris Gainsborough: “We feel trapped, we feel oppressed. And we urge our governments to release us from these metal boxes-”

Lorgar: “Oh shi-”

Firraveus Carron: Leaping to his feet. “METAL BOXES?!?METAL BOXES!!!THEY RIDE IN METAL BOXES!!!”

-Labor Unions

All credit goes to Lastie on Warseer, for writing Primarchs (available in a 647 page Microsoft Word document)
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-06-09, 02:28 AM
Slave to Heresy!

Jezlad's Flag is: United Kingdom

It'll be awesome.

Kill a squigg.... steal its teef...

Kill another squigg...steal its teef...

Kill another squigg... sell its teef to an ork jeweller.

and on... and on...and on...

*yawn*
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-06-09, 03:05 AM Thread Starter

i want to kill a training servitor, win myself a sword fight, and then get the coolest sword a Space Marine can get

Vlad von Carstein

Vampire Counts
Wins/Ties/Losses
1/2/2
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-06-09, 04:33 AM
Banned
NoiseMarine's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodAngelsfan View Post
Currently little to no details have been revealed regarding the Warhammer 40,000 MMO. however, for the sake of a franchise where small arms fire is important I severely hope that it has little in common with WoW, as WoW is a PvE (Player versus Environment) based game. However it has been stated that all races important to the lore and to the players will be present in the game.
In my opinion PvE MMOs play alot better, If 40k online was based on PvP or ran on the same system as WaR I wouldn't play it
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-06-09, 05:05 AM

I understand but could you picture 40k as PvE?

Aerith/Aeris Gainsborough: “The current system of servitude is barbaric and inadequate for today's generation. We appeal to the leaders of both the Imperium and the Coalition of Hateful Assholes and Organised Sin to seek to change this for the betterment of all its citizens”

Lorgar: “Guess there was one plot thread we forgot to erase ...” Mortarion nods in agreement, while Ahriman looks on suspiciously.

Aerith/Aeris Gainsborough: “We feel trapped, we feel oppressed. And we urge our governments to release us from these metal boxes-”

Firraveus Carron: Leaping to his feet. “METAL BOXES?!?METAL BOXES!!!THEY RIDE IN METAL BOXES!!!”

-Labor Unions

All credit goes to Lastie on Warseer, for writing Primarchs (available in a 647 page Microsoft Word document)
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-07-09, 11:35 PM Thread Starter

i think it should be a PvP, just because i would want to fight anouther player that was playing as an Ork

Vlad von Carstein

Vampire Counts
Wins/Ties/Losses
1/2/2
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-08-09, 12:33 PM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoiseMarine View Post
In my opinion PvE MMOs play alot better
I'd like you to meet my friend EVE Online. ;)

post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-09-09, 11:35 PM

Seriously, I believe that a 40k MMO should be a PvP based game, Hundreds of Ork players converging to form a Waaagh! And squads of SM players trying to stop them as opposed to five men kiting a boss while managing aggro.

-Labor Unions

post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-10-09, 01:07 AM

Initiate's Flag is: Iran

I believe it should be a mixture of PvP and PvE. I mean, a squad of vindicare assassins infiltrating an ork encampment and killing the Warlord would be really cool.

It should be WoW style battlegrounds and instances only though, no grinding. You would get gear/ability 'upgrades' through achievements such as getting a number of kills or killing a certain boss.

Edit: I can imagine 40k as PvE. Have you forgotten about 40 man raids in WoW?

"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for."
-Socrates

Last edited by Initiate; 08-10-09 at 01:14 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode