Warhammer 40k Online - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-20-09, 03:09 PM

The only thing I have heard of this game, and this is only speculation. Nothing confirmed on it yet as it is only in theory at the moment. Player picks a space marine, he is one space marine. Player picks an ork or a guardsman, He is the nob/sergeant of a squad, higher levels will increase either the squad size or the character's abilities, or both like a choice. That is all I've heard but A pretty good balancing theory to be honest.....

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-20-09, 07:47 PM

iscam's Flag is: USA

Personally, I just want to be able to play a Word Bearer. I don't care if you cannot choose the Legion, as long as you can choose the colours and avoid using Scab Red that is pink (Those who play WAR will understand). I also hope that the leveling of your character is also physical: orks grow bigger, CSM gains mutations purely artistical, no effect in game, and at high level, the Character becomes some kind of leader: Orks get their own WAAAGH, SM become Captain or Chaplain, and CSM become either Chaos Lord or Deamon Prince (no soldiers with him for balance, all the others should have). For other races, I don't know, but Necron would be good!
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-20-09, 07:59 PM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

I found this on google when I was bored. I only read that every major race would be included in one form or another. Like some would be playable, and some would be NPC. Nids and Necrons probably will be NPC and not playable. If they made a way for them to be playable, then that would add some more fun. as long as they keep the numbers of nids and necrons to a minimum. cant have the nids wiping everything in the game out in the first month or two of the game being out you know.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-21-09, 02:59 PM

BloodAngelsfan's Flag is: USA

As much as I would love playing Nids, the main issue with them being playable is that they effectively have no free will or individual thought.

Aerith/Aeris Gainsborough: “The current system of servitude is barbaric and inadequate for today's generation. We appeal to the leaders of both the Imperium and the Coalition of Hateful Assholes and Organised Sin to seek to change this for the betterment of all its citizens”

Lorgar: “Guess there was one plot thread we forgot to erase ...” Mortarion nods in agreement, while Ahriman looks on suspiciously.

Aerith/Aeris Gainsborough: “We feel trapped, we feel oppressed. And we urge our governments to release us from these metal boxes-”

Lorgar: “Oh shi-”

Firraveus Carron: Leaping to his feet. “METAL BOXES?!?METAL BOXES!!!THEY RIDE IN METAL BOXES!!!”

-Labor Unions

All credit goes to Lastie on Warseer, for writing Primarchs (available in a 647 page Microsoft Word document)
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-22-09, 02:31 PM

Jackinator's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodAngelsfan View Post
I understand but could you picture 40k as PvE?
I think the problem would be balance, Orks are supposed to have hundreds of thousands on the battle field and Space Marines and Eldar only have a hundred or so. So what happens if only one in five players want to be an ork.

Edit: Oops managed to miss your post Reevan, but I still think it could be very hard to do just as PVP, a mix would be better, i.e. if there aren't enough Orks in a Battle more AI will spawn.

Last edited by Jackinator; 08-22-09 at 02:37 PM.
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-22-09, 03:35 PM

jaq draco's's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Eve

Iam still hooked on EVE and waiting for 40K online as somthing to unhook me from it maybe but it will have to be real good
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-22-09, 04:50 PM

BloodAngelsfan's Flag is: USA

As I mentioned before, although it would be impossible to balance with individuals (say, a CSM and an IG), if each player was the leader of a squad of NPC's of different sizes (An Orks mob being much larger than a squad of marines for example) then it could be done. Another bonus to that is that it would be very unique (for an MMO of course)

Aerith/Aeris Gainsborough: “The current system of servitude is barbaric and inadequate for today's generation. We appeal to the leaders of both the Imperium and the Coalition of Hateful Assholes and Organised Sin to seek to change this for the betterment of all its citizens”

Lorgar: “Guess there was one plot thread we forgot to erase ...” Mortarion nods in agreement, while Ahriman looks on suspiciously.

Aerith/Aeris Gainsborough: “We feel trapped, we feel oppressed. And we urge our governments to release us from these metal boxes-”

Lorgar: “Oh shi-”

Firraveus Carron: Leaping to his feet. “METAL BOXES?!?METAL BOXES!!!THEY RIDE IN METAL BOXES!!!”

-Labor Unions

All credit goes to Lastie on Warseer, for writing Primarchs (available in a 647 page Microsoft Word document)
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-09-09, 01:56 AM
Darth Druchii

Druchii in Space's Flag is: Wales

I'm still pretty convinced they won't worry about balancing anything, look at WaR, according to WaR a Goblin is equal to a Black Orc, Dark Elf Black Guard, Empire Witch Hunter and best of all a High Elf Mage.

I'd be happy to be proved wrong, but I do believe the races will have standard marines facing off against standard Guard, Eldar Aspect Warrior or whatever races they have. The best I reckon we can hope for would be the Guard choice to be a Commissar or Inquisitor.

Sadly we are still not the auidence they are going after, they want a piece of WoW's pie wheather they admit it or not. The problem is I am pretty much convinced modern gamer attitudes (it has to be perfect right out of the box) means any new MMO is doomed to fail (when compared to WoW) unless they sincerly aren't worried about WoW's numbers, or they get the game to the standard WoW is pretty much at launch.

The later maybe potentially possible with The Old Republic going on Bioware's past games, but still not certain. Plus its now going to be going head to head with Cataclysm.

I am hoping big things for this 40K MMO, although I am a little concerned the only thing we've had since the announcement over a year ago is an art pic of a crashed Ork ship, a short interview saying it will be a standard MMO not a FPS and a sketched in release date for 2012 from THQ.

Still waiting for any new news on the game, this is certainly one I'll be aiming for Beta though.

Come and join us by the fire, to chat about the games that matter to you at the Roleplay Games Forum
---------------
"I feel I was denied. Critical, need to Know information!"
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-09-09, 05:54 PM

Dragearen's Flag is: USA

An AWESOME way to have it would be like Darkfall's system... Where the game is PvE, but any time you see a player of an opposing guild/faction, you are instantly in PvP... So in the middle of the night, get a (chapter I guess it would be) of Space Marines with flamers and run into an Ork village and flame everyone... Then go and kill the little innocent Squigs that will eat your face off outside then run back before you get Waaagh'd.

I think it should seriously be an FPS MMO... Aah well, but it would be seriously awesome if it were.

Hope it's F2P unlike WAR.

Last edited by Dragearen; 09-09-09 at 05:56 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode