Warhammer 40k Online - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-10-09, 09:59 AM

Virus49's Flag is: United Kingdom

Not sure how some things would work.

Races that horde would be owned in 1v1 every time by a space marine. Requiring many players to play as ork and less as space marine which is highly unlikely.

On the same point, anyone who played as imperial guard would be doomed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-10-09, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virus49 View Post
Not sure how some things would work.

Races that horde would be owned in 1v1 every time by a space marine. Requiring many players to play as ork and less as space marine which is highly unlikely.

On the same point, anyone who played as imperial guard would be doomed.
the imperial guards might be only npcs besides the player wounlt be able to be be lowly ork but a great leader of the orcs or something whatever.....its all biomass

mmm i would like to be a carnifex killing everything

post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-10-09, 12:52 PM

BloodAngelsfan's Flag is: USA

The Tyranids might be kind of hard to change into a playable race, seeing as they have no free will. I can't quite remember what website it was on but we practically planned out the entire game on one huge thread.

Aerith/Aeris Gainsborough: “The current system of servitude is barbaric and inadequate for today's generation. We appeal to the leaders of both the Imperium and the Coalition of Hateful Assholes and Organised Sin to seek to change this for the betterment of all its citizens”

Lorgar: “Guess there was one plot thread we forgot to erase ...” Mortarion nods in agreement, while Ahriman looks on suspiciously.

Aerith/Aeris Gainsborough: “We feel trapped, we feel oppressed. And we urge our governments to release us from these metal boxes-”

Lorgar: “Oh shi-”

Firraveus Carron: Leaping to his feet. “METAL BOXES?!?METAL BOXES!!!THEY RIDE IN METAL BOXES!!!”

-Labor Unions

All credit goes to Lastie on Warseer, for writing Primarchs (available in a 647 page Microsoft Word document)

Last edited by BloodAngelsfan; 08-11-09 at 02:00 PM.
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-10-09, 12:58 PM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

How about this?

1) Anyone on the team making this should be executed
2) If there HAS to be a fucking 40k MMO, make it Dark Heresy based. You are human, maybe a psyker if you're lucky, you can get augmetics and the like, but you're fucking human. Stop bitching. No, you can't be an Ork or a Tau or a dandelion eating space elf. Even being a Marine is a push and should be disallowed out of balance issues. If you want a reason behind PvP, a chaos cult can be a playable race maybe at a push if balance issues work out.

If an MMO has to be made, it should not only reflect 40k as a whole, but it should be well thought out. i.e: NOT multi-race, open PvP fan service a-go.

On second thoughts, let's just execute the design team out of principle and leave it at that.

post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-10-09, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

Mitchy's Flag is: Canada

a Dark Heresy based game wouldnt be bad at all, i would love it, but they would have to tone down the Psykers, there too over powered as they are, but even if it was a 40k based game that was PvE i would still get it, there is so few games that are not Dawn of War that are based off 40k

"Everyone is intitled to an opinion, but mines the one that matters"

"Serve me in life, or slave for me in death"
Vlad von Carstein

Vampire Counts
Wins/Ties/Losses
1/2/2
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-10-09, 10:23 PM

i would play it, assuming they had guardsmen
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-11-09, 02:03 PM

BloodAngelsfan's Flag is: USA

That's the only issue I could think of, balance. Unless they gave individual players their own squads/mobs (thinking a SM player + nine NPC's that you give orders to vs. an Ork player with a mob of around 30) they couldn't balance it.

Aerith/Aeris Gainsborough: “The current system of servitude is barbaric and inadequate for today's generation. We appeal to the leaders of both the Imperium and the Coalition of Hateful Assholes and Organised Sin to seek to change this for the betterment of all its citizens”

Lorgar: “Guess there was one plot thread we forgot to erase ...” Mortarion nods in agreement, while Ahriman looks on suspiciously.

Aerith/Aeris Gainsborough: “We feel trapped, we feel oppressed. And we urge our governments to release us from these metal boxes-”

Lorgar: “Oh shi-”

Firraveus Carron: Leaping to his feet. “METAL BOXES?!?METAL BOXES!!!THEY RIDE IN METAL BOXES!!!”

-Labor Unions

All credit goes to Lastie on Warseer, for writing Primarchs (available in a 647 page Microsoft Word document)
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-18-09, 02:37 AM

TheWarsmith's Flag is: USA

Xbox 360 and PS3 Space Marine is looking good... I know more bout that than 40k online but i sure hope its not like Warhammer online... I hate paying for a game then paying to keep playing it... And they better have freaking chaos in it or im going to go bezerk like when I figured out DoWII didnt have Chaos as playable now i have pretty much given up on Dawn of War First 4 are good but ya know... I also heard 40k Online is gonna feature some Heresy stuff and vehicles. Driving a pimped out land raider or riding a carnifex like a pony would be AWESOME imagine that... RUN MY MINION RUN!

Legion XXVII Terran
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-18-09, 10:31 AM

jopax's Flag is: Bosnia Herzegovina

I know that one bit of information was confirmed, boarding space hulks
I image it will have a combination of PvP and PvE, for example, early on player would fight enemy NPC, like an IG would be stationed on a planet with a Waagh or something similar and would basicly fight orks and level up, then at a certain point he can enter a PvP planet where he fights human controlled orks, some races i belive should not be controllable, like the Tyranids or Necrons and should be higher level PvE planets, also i think that for the sake of ballance some characthers would get into PvP earlier, like orks to ballance it when fighting IG they would be weaker and so possibly on equal footing.Then again it could be separated into differen PvP regions for different level players, and so forth :D

One little slip of your knife, and a lifetime of pain can just drain away.
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-18-09, 02:36 PM

i am looking forward to this game! i sincerely hope they make it top notch!

i hope vigil games update their site soon regarding this game, because it's been the same forever

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode