Star Wars: The Old Republic The Return of the Mandalorians - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-01-09, 04:47 AM Thread Starter

Farseer Beltiac's Flag is: USA

Icon Star Wars: The Old Republic The Return of the Mandalorians

So the Mandalorians return for the MMO Star Wars The Old Republic.

Thoughts so far?

I liked the helmet, reminds me of Russell Crowes spikey helm in Gladiator.....

~Beltiac

This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground sir. We're not going anywhere."
—SPARTAN-259
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-01-09, 08:20 AM

I was drooling over ToR until I found out about the 'stylized realism' of the game. It looks like Team Fortress 2. Yet I have faith in BioWare that the game won't suck other than my discontent with the art style. I was hoping it would be more realistically conceptualized, but the WoWish cartoon style has its benefits. It'll run way smoother for one thing so it'll maximize the gaming experience.

What has me excited about the game is that every single npc in the game, no matter how minor, will have Mass Effect style voice dialog. Which is unheard of in MMO's. Their supposed focus on story will hopefully remove the 'grind' out of the MMO. Nothing wastes more time than having to kill hundreds of monsters just to get a quest item or whatnot. Some complained about not being able to be a Mandalorian (which would of been awesome) but if they made that choice available everyone would be a Mandalorian.

I used to play Galaxies back in the day and loved it until Sony came in to the picture. So I'm happy to see a new installment in the MMO scene coming from someone as reputable as BioWare. One thing I will miss about Galaxies is that ToR will have no neutral faction. I used to make tons of credits being a mercenary assisting the Empire or the Rebel players in PvP.

I'm still not sure I'll be playing the game though.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-01-09, 09:51 PM
The Traveler

Dirge Eterna's Flag is: USA

I read this, went "WOAH I want to be a Mandalorian!", then brought myself to tears when I realized this would not be so. Hopefully a good set of beskar'gam will be available in-game, though. Not one of those crappy-stats-epic-looking-armors that are so prevalent in games.

You'll forgive me, but you must be mistaken. I've met your makers, and they don't even know your name...

GIVING CHASE- ORDO HERETICUS FIC
(Updated Mar. 19)

Hat in the Ring
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-06-09, 02:35 AM Thread Starter

It's also a fully voiced MMO....so here's another link for all us Hardcore fans.

This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground sir. We're not going anywhere."
—SPARTAN-259
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-09, 04:30 PM

Yeah...I just hate the 'stylized realism'. As crappy as Star Wars: Galaxies turned out after a couple years, the realistic portrayal was great.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-11-09, 04:31 AM Thread Starter

Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmstrom View Post
Yeah...I just hate the 'stylized realism'. As crappy as Star Wars: Galaxies turned out after a couple years, the realistic portrayal was great.

my bro pointed out it is pre-production so far so maybe you just gotta play it or whatever to get the feel. Hopeful they will flesh it out a bit more...because if they don't ....

—SPARTAN-259

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode