The space marine game - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-27-09, 04:07 AM

BloodAngelsfan's Flag is: USA

From what I have read (and i have read interviews/posts about the game on various sites because i have a poor social life) Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine (actual title) is going to be a third-person action RPG. there are supposed to be customization options for the different members of your squad (various gameplay footage has shown marines armed with Heavy Bolters, Chainswords/Bolt pistols, Thunder Hammers and jump packs) and the primary enemy in the game will be the Orks (for assorted footage you can try and find the trailer for it on www.g4tv.com under previews and go back to the dates from E3) and will be set on a Forge World of the Adeptus Mechanicus. As of right now the chapter in the game will be the Ultramarines (of course). Also being discussed are competitive multiplayer options where players may or may not be able to play as the Orks. The games current playstyle seems like that of the God of War franchise (most likely to draw new people to the 40k universe, instead of pleasing those who are already 40k fans).

Aerith/Aeris Gainsborough: “The current system of servitude is barbaric and inadequate for today's generation. We appeal to the leaders of both the Imperium and the Coalition of Hateful Assholes and Organised Sin to seek to change this for the betterment of all its citizens”

Lorgar: “Guess there was one plot thread we forgot to erase ...” Mortarion nods in agreement, while Ahriman looks on suspiciously.

Aerith/Aeris Gainsborough: “We feel trapped, we feel oppressed. And we urge our governments to release us from these metal boxes-”

Lorgar: “Oh shi-”

Firraveus Carron: Leaping to his feet. “METAL BOXES?!?METAL BOXES!!!THEY RIDE IN METAL BOXES!!!”

-Labor Unions

All credit goes to Lastie on Warseer, for writing Primarchs (available in a 647 page Microsoft Word document)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-28-09, 01:47 AM
Pally-HO!!!!

Captain Galus's Flag is: USA

I hope it's as intense and visceral as possible; nothing soothes the soul more than beating the living daylights out of an Ork with your (armored) bare hands.

Also; extremely customizable wargear, like paint and add-ons. Same with armor, too: I may want to wear a cape with the image of an Ork getting punched in the face, or I may not. Let me decide!

I'd like the game to focus on multiplayer, too. Most good games these days do, and those that focus on single player usually end up as sleeper or cult hits.

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-28-09, 02:24 PM

dark angel's Flag is: Wales

Lightning Claws And perhaps CSM would be fun too introduce.............woo and being able too pilot vehicle's

Nyctophobia- Fear of the Dark Angel.

"No one ever spoke about of those two absent brothers. Their separate tragedies had seemed like aberrations. Had they, in fact, been warnings that no one had heeded?"

'Killing a man is like fucking, boy, only instead of giving life you take it. You experience the ecstasy of penetration as your warhead enters the enemy's belly and the shaft follows. You see the whites of his eyes roll inside the sockets of his helmet. You feel his knees give way beneath him and the weight of his faltering flesh draw down the point of your spear. Are you picturing this?'
'Yes, lord.'
'Is your dick hard yet?'
'No, lord.'
''What? You've got your spear in a man's guts and your dog isn't stiff? What are you, a woman?'
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-29-09, 05:54 PM

General. Gray Wolf's Flag is: England

I think a good custom battle mode when you could play with friends a bots (computer controlled units) against the enemies! Just to make it a little more playable after you complete the campaign and unlock the war gear and the such. And some sort of online game play versus.
Oh and some downloadable content like new chapter skins and levels.

Hungry like the woooollllfff

You dont level up demon Chuck Norries, demon Chuck Norries levels up you!
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-29-09, 05:56 PM

General. Gray Wolf's Flag is: England

Oh yer and the campaign needs to be multiplayer.

Hungry like the woooollllfff

You dont level up demon Chuck Norries, demon Chuck Norries levels up you!
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-29-09, 11:18 PM

Graf Spee's Flag is: Germany

well whatever.. it will suck big time, since it's not going to be released on pc. so fuck it. i'm not going to buy some kind of i(only game - no work) console just because of this. even though it looks like it could be worth me paying attention.

There is no such thing as too many tanks.

Support NetEpic GOLD at the EPICentre.

my tutorial for making rivets:
http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...110#post445110
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-30-09, 05:08 PM Thread Starter

Wow, a computer snob you need to go to the darkside and join the console wars fight for the right or just be part of all sides.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-01-09, 03:23 AM

BloodAngelsfan's Flag is: USA

Just because you don't have a console doesn't mean it's going to suck. If anything it might suck on the computer, it's a 3rd person action game!

Aerith/Aeris Gainsborough: “The current system of servitude is barbaric and inadequate for today's generation. We appeal to the leaders of both the Imperium and the Coalition of Hateful Assholes and Organised Sin to seek to change this for the betterment of all its citizens”

Lorgar: “Guess there was one plot thread we forgot to erase ...” Mortarion nods in agreement, while Ahriman looks on suspiciously.

Aerith/Aeris Gainsborough: “We feel trapped, we feel oppressed. And we urge our governments to release us from these metal boxes-”

Lorgar: “Oh shi-”

Firraveus Carron: Leaping to his feet. “METAL BOXES?!?METAL BOXES!!!THEY RIDE IN METAL BOXES!!!”

-Labor Unions

All credit goes to Lastie on Warseer, for writing Primarchs (available in a 647 page Microsoft Word document)
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-01-09, 08:27 AM

Graf Spee, calm down.

I just hope the game is well done. I don't want it to be a button masher like The Force Unleashed was. Yeah it was fun to pick up a stormtrooper and shoot down a TIE Fighter with him, but a game like that is only fun for so long. I saw the in game preview and was kind of turned off by the button mash struggle with the Chaos Marine. I want to blow away legions of enemies and kill three orks at once with a chain sword, not get carpel tunnel syndrome as a side effect to overpowering them with the A button.

But I must confess that I will probably end up buying the game either way. It looks great and will give me some good recreational time.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-01-09, 12:39 PM

Concrete Hero's Flag is: Wales

It is a shame that the Master Race of PC gamers are dying out.

I still intend to waste a godawful amount of money on a Deep Thought level PC this September mind...

I'm really liking the look of this game, I'm glad Relic have taken control, the Orks look more Dawn of War-y.

Some sort of Co-operative multipayer would be awesome, and Horde/Survival mode is the New Black when it comes to gaming at the moment.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode