Mech...Warrior...FIVE! (Trailer) - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-09, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
Executive Nitpicker

Galahad's Flag is: USA

Default Mech...Warrior...FIVE! (Trailer)

They're doing a reboot of the series, jacking it back to 3015, pre-clans, during the third successor wars, just like the very first (1989) video game in the series, and it looks fucking INTENSE

ANd best of all, they got the original mechs back! I almost had to change my pants after seeing this...

-=============]xxxxo Galahad oxxxx[=============-
Check out the Heresy Combat Calculator -- MathHammer Made Easy!

Codex: Angels Errant. Read it, please.
Heresy Forum Rules -- Read them, damnit!
Reporting: When/How/Why -- Read that too!
"...remember the Golden Rule: Chill out, they're only plastic spacemen!" -Brother Jazzman
"Galahad is 100% correct in his explanation. Anyone who says otherwise to [him] is vastly mistaken." -The Wraithlord
"You know what? Fuck DC comics." -Robert Downey Junior

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-09, 03:08 PM

Underground Heretic's Flag is: USA

I played MechWarrior three a few times and really liked it. Hope they come out with a demo for PC or a console version soon. This looks like a good game and I am definitely looking forward to this.

That which doesn't kill me has made a tactical mistake.

Rites of Battle Your source for 40k opinions, news, and hobby updates.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-09, 03:49 PM

fynn's Flag is: United Kingdom

mmmmmmmmm me want, just hope my comps good enough for it, and they dont aim the game at high spec pc's

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-09, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Executive Nitpicker

The clan fans will be disappointed...but I was born and raised on Battletech, and I'm Inner Sphere to the core (Steiner-Davion, FedCom for the win!), so I'm psyched as shit. I'm sure they'll introduce the clanners in the next game.

Shit, man, I still have all my battletech books and minis AND the original 1989 PC game (on a half dozen 5.5" floppies, with manual, maps and the original ox, everything).

It's set too early for them to keep the original character and chalice-quest plot (the original game started in 3029 if I recall), but I hope they bring back some of the original roster of pilots. Mmmmm... D. Sajak ("The 'D' stands for Desire...")

"...remember the Golden Rule: Chill out, they're only plastic spacemen!" -Brother Jazzman
"Galahad is 100% correct in his explanation. Anyone who says otherwise to [him] is vastly mistaken." -The Wraithlord

Last edited by Galahad; 07-10-09 at 03:56 PM.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-09, 08:31 PM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

To be honest, though, they could get away with setting this in the same timeframe. It looks from the trailer like some form of escalating event. Sat-comms knocked out, mechs popping up from nowhere...maybe I'm reading too much into it, but there's nothing stopping them from actually branching out over a very wide timeframe here.

Also, MechWarrior 4 and all the expansions are being released free for download! so I hope to see some of you gits online piloting Madcats with me!

While some people are kind of iffy about Pirhana being involved, let's face it. Smith and Tinker are also involved, and they're the company who hold the rights now to MW games, along with being comprised of ex-FASA employees, so I'm sure they'll keep Pirhana reigned in.
Now...let's just hope they don't arcade/console it up. I want my in-depth sim, dammit!

FOR THE INNER SPHERE!

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-09, 11:47 PM

Default Mech

Read more about the freeware mw4 here http://www.mektek.net/forums/index.p...pic=138700&hl=
Im not a fan of mekteks balance choices for mw4 mods in multiplay, but it will be cool to play BK/Vengeance missions again
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-11-09, 01:42 AM Thread Starter
Executive Nitpicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
To be honest, though, they could get away with setting this in the same timeframe. It looks from the trailer like some form of escalating event. Sat-comms knocked out, mechs popping up from nowhere...maybe I'm reading too much into it, but there's nothing stopping them from actually branching out over a very wide timeframe here.
Well, the trailer says 3015, which puts it towards the end of the Third Successor War. The Inner Sphere didn't start getting reports of mysterious invading mechs until August of 3049, and in March of 3050 the invasion proper began.

They still have the Fourth Successor War, The war of 3039, and a couple other scuffles before the clan start sniffing around our borders.

Quote:
Also, MechWarrior 4 and all the expansions are being released free for download! so I hope to see some of you gits online piloting Madcats with me!
Now THAT's awesome.
Though madcats can suck it I'll take a MAD-5D Marauder and kick your ass with it, undertonned
I REALLY hope they put Marauders in the new game...

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-11-09, 02:43 AM

Yeah. i was just getting at the fact that there's nothing stopping them from having the trailer and the opening part of the game being just a small part.

I'll stop having wishful thinking though. =/

And if you're going to play with Marauders, then I'll strap nothing but light lasers, explosives, jumpjets and speed enhancements to a Raven, jump into a fight between you and other mechs, self destruct and come out with a positive kill/death ratio!

People used to hate me online.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-11-09, 03:07 AM Thread Starter
Executive Nitpicker

When faced with a formidable and maneuverable heavy like the Marauder, Suicide is indeed the only option.

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-11-09, 04:30 AM

Yeah, but I'm sure as hell taking it down with me!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode