Fallout 3 DLC: "Point Lookout" - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-24-09, 05:49 PM Thread Starter

Wraithian's Flag is: USA

Default Fallout 3 DLC: "Point Lookout"

Hey folks,

So far, first impressions are pretty good. If you enjoyed the FO3 universe, engine, and Bethesda's take on the Fallout universe in general, this DLC is probably something you might want to pick up. Entirely new location, and it's pretty big. If I had to make any sort of comparison, I'd have to say it's pretty close in scale to the Oblivion Shivering Isles DLC, though a bit smaller.

Anyone got this yet? Thoughts?

Level me up! I, too, wish to storm the lands of mortals reaping what is truly mine...but for now, I am but a wee spot of energy...

Clicky!

"I embrace death without fear as I embrace life without regret."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-24-09, 08:17 PM
Banned
NoiseMarine's Flag is: USA

I got it, but to tell the truth I am slightly disappointed in it... The Main quest line is very short at best, and it's not very exciting...

The extra freeform quests are few and far between and not very fun. It doesnt come close to Shivering isles in the extra content provided, nor the fun... Of course killing deformed, inbred, retarded hicks is mildly amusing.

All in all it is worth picking up, but dont expect anything awesome or you'll be sorely disappointed.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-24-09, 09:08 PM Thread Starter

That's bothersome. Reasonably big area, little content, that is disappointing. Even the new guns and the like are, "meh," at best (though, I am spoiled from having the Tesla Cannon from Broken Steel).

Level me up! I, too, wish to storm the lands of mortals reaping what is truly mine...but for now, I am but a wee spot of energy...

Clicky!

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-25-09, 04:18 AM
The Traveler

Dirge Eterna's Flag is: USA

What new weapons are there? I was looking at this, but got a pack of pop instead >.>

What's good about it, in general?

You'll forgive me, but you must be mistaken. I've met your makers, and they don't even know your name...

GIVING CHASE- ORDO HERETICUS FIC
(Updated Mar. 19)

Hat in the Ring
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-25-09, 07:43 AM

iscam's Flag is: USA

Personnally, I didn't like Fallout 3, having played to Fallout 1 and 2, I think it's not really the same universe... Fallout 3 is a post-apocalyptic mod for Oblivion, still good, but not a successor of Fallout 2
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-25-09, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirge Eterna View Post
What new weapons are there? I was looking at this, but got a pack of pop instead >.>

What's good about it, in general?
Well, there's more to do (I actually got to play around with it for a bit longer last night). A few more side quests, and, of course, another DLC specific main quest. Otherwise, the same stuff as there was in the core game--wander around, explore the environment, loot stuff, kill things.

So far, the weapons I've ran into... are not all that grand. There's the lever action rifle, which you can use as parts to repair your hunting rifle, plus the damage is similar (same in quite a few cases). Then there's the double barrel shotgun, which does some pretty hateful damage, if not range limited. Fire axe, no description necessary there. If there's any other weapon out there, I've not found it yet.

Armor, we're looking at a confederate hat, which provides 1 to perception. Then Workman's Overalls, which give a 10 bonus to repair. So, haven't noticed anything worth a damn there.

I just finished the first part of the main quest, and my, "reward," was a new perk (don't specifically remember what it was, or what it did, other than it seems pretty useful).

Clicky!

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-25-09, 12:52 PM

KhainiteAssassin's Flag is: Canada

I once filled a pit full of clouds, or was it clowns? well anyways, even that didnt stop him!

I agree on FO3 not being like FO1 or 2, but the turn based era of gaming is coming to an end because most people are too stupid and casual to enjoy that.

WIPS: CHECK THEM OUT!
Space wolves - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=54246
Warriors of chaos - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=60813
Dark Eldar - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=75375
DE FLUFF - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=86956
My armies.

the key to every good DE army makeup. Always have a backup plan, try to take everything in multiples, and use everything you can to your advantage, being a sneaky bastard within the rules, as it were.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-09, 10:03 PM
Banned
NoiseMarine's Flag is: USA

Less short on time so I'll make a detailed summary...

Weapon Summary:

Axe: Basic two handed axe no explanation necessary

Lever Action Rifle:Basically an old looking weaker version of Lincoln's Repeater, with 10mm ammo instead of .44

Double Barrel Shotgun: Very good damage but easily outclassed by the Combat Shotgun with it's faster rate of fire.

Microwave emitter: Your last reward... Pretty shitty damage at 68 and only 5 shots per clip, works and looks like the mesmetron, crit's turn enemies into ash and runs on Energy Cells...

Armor

Dont even get me started it's not impressive at all...

Tribal Garb: Pathetic light armor, fully repaired it's outclassed by almost broken combat armor...

Confederate Hat: +1 perception

Workmans Coveralls: +5 repair (who cares)

Quests: Nothing special

The only one I remember the name of is the Main quest line and it's a little foggy... I actually just forgot...

The second quest in the main quest line is a little trippy with a magic mushroom nightmare, I found it quite humorous...

The only other interesting one is Plik's Safari, in short a feral ghoul hunt...

New Enemy Models:

Swamp Folk: Worth a laugh but gets old very fast.

Swamp Ghoul: Grey Muddy version of a Feral.

Smugglers: Pretty much raider equivalent.

Tribals: stuck to one area dont offer anything special besides a Fertilized shovel...

End Conclusion:

I was quite disappointed, the board walk has two building you can enter when you were promised something much more interesting.
Swamp nothing has a fast respawn rate so it's weeks before anything respawns...

Long story short I was expecting alot more content and interviews promised much more content than was presented, or atleast it sounded like that...

I hope that answers any questions you might have...
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-09, 05:39 AM
The Traveler

Dirge Eterna's Flag is: USA

I looked around The Vault (the FO3 wiki) and liked the look of some of the cool locals, though. The Lighthouse seems neat, and the plane wreck is cool, but the Chinese Sub was the coolest. Do any of you know if you can get inside it?

You'll forgive me, but you must be mistaken. I've met your makers, and they don't even know your name...

GIVING CHASE- ORDO HERETICUS FIC
(Updated Mar. 19)

Hat in the Ring
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-09, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirge Eterna View Post
I looked around The Vault (the FO3 wiki) and liked the look of some of the cool locals, though. The Lighthouse seems neat, and the plane wreck is cool, but the Chinese Sub was the coolest. Do any of you know if you can get inside it?
That's on my, "things to attempt," list this weekend. After I've put seatbelts and power brakes on my old 48 Chevy, I'm hoping to have some time.

Clicky!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode