E3 Roundup (Trailers and good bits) - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-02-09, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

Concrete Hero's Flag is: Wales

Default E3 Roundup (Trailers and good bits)

Hello people, word has it that E3 is on the path of redeeming itself after the terrible shows its been putting in over the past few years, here's hoping it becomes the mega money blowing extravaganza it use to be!

Check out IGN's E3 Scoop in full Over on their site

METAL GEAR SOLID: RISING
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Reily
Kojima took the stage at Microsoft's press conference and dropped a major announcement:

Remember all those teasers we saw over the past month? It wasn't the new PSP game. It was, in fact, a completely new series in the Metal Gear franchise.

Titled Metal Gear Solid: Rising, the game appears to mainly focus on the character Raiden, as there were no shots of Solid Snake at all in the extremely vague announcement teaser shown.

While this news comes at the Microsoft presser, no announcements of exclusivity were revealed, so for now, expect this to be multiplatform, or a timed-exclusive at the very least.

UPDATE: Looks like there might be confirmation that MGS: Rising could well be coming to the PlayStation 3 and PC in addition to Xbox 360. Konami's list of games on Games Press (a private PR service for the press) now shows the title coming to all three platforms. Konami unfortunately will not make official comment at this time, so we will have to wait for all the rumors to be proven true or false until tomorrow afternoon when Sony has its conference (11AM PST).

There was quite a lot of confusion on whether this game would only be on Xbox 360. During the conference, Microsoft specifically stated that everything shown after Final Fantasy XIII would be exclusive to 360, thus the original implication. A few hours later, G4 was able to quickly chat with Microsoft's John Schappert, where he said, "You know, we didn't say that it was exclusive..." (We apologize for the confusion if you've been following the many, many updates on this ongoing saga.) Konami put out a press release listing only an Xbox 360 version, but the word "exclusive" has yet to be mentioned in any MGS: Rising statement from Microsoft or Konami, and the comment at the Microsoft E3 Conference could have been a mistake.
Well, instead of Old Snake we get older Raiden... Meh, I think Gamers have seen the last of Solid Snake now. Here's the debut trailer

CALL OF DUTY MODERN WARFARE2
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Clayman
June 1, 2009 - Today at the Microsoft Press Conference in Los Angeles Infinity Ward played through an extensive demo of Modern Warfare 2. In addition to an epic ice climbing scene where you dive from a cliff with two ice picks, slide down a ledge and eventually scramble up the cliff with your partner helping you, the developers had another announcement.

After Modern Warfare 2 launches, Xbox 360 owners will have access to and exclusive add-on to the game. This DLC will include two Modern Warfare 2 maps on Xbox Live. We'll have a lot more info on Modern Warfare 2 as the show continues.
Check out the Videos There's 6 of them!

No block quotes to go with these but Here's some first glimpse trailers for The New Metroid Game as well as Super Mario Galaxy 2

Also; God of War 3 Demo trailer as well as Assasins Creed 2 Vids. Though in all honesty, all the revamping seems to have come in the form of an extra wristblade Awesome! Right?

Don't forget to read the Whole Article

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-02-09, 11:50 PM Thread Starter

Default Crysis 2 announced for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360

How could I forget! This was one of the first things I saw from E3 this year

Quote:
Crysis 2 has just been announced, and this time, youíll be able to get your alien fragging fix on console too!

Crysis 2 is the second game of the planned Crysis trilogy, and EA has just confirmed itís destined for the PC, Sony PS3 and Xbox 360.

Thatís a big step for developer Crytek, as Crysis 2 will be the first game itís made for console, as well as the first being built using its CryENGINE 3 game engine.

Thereís no release date for Crysis 2 just yet, but for PC gamers thatís probably a good thing, as if itís anything like the first Crysis, a PC capable of running it at max settings wonít have been invented yet.
Heres a Tease

And here is some waffling, the video promised gameplay footage but didn't deliver - Enjoy!

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-03-09, 12:31 AM

Dude I have to rep you again when I'm able! this is some awesome work!

Crysis was originally meant to be on 360 as well but due to the technology restrictions they had to bin it. For the same reason I'm thinking Crysis 2 will only run on the more powerful systems of PC and PS3( can't deny it, it is more powerful) but if it is 360 capable wahey!

the MGS thing has been going on for ages. there were rumours of MGS 4 being ported since it's release. I know Hideo Kojima was talking with microsoft about making some games for them but there was a lot about a timed exclusive for sony still... According to an interview I saw a while back.

Still dude unreal job on this. Just wish I could've gone....

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-03-09, 12:36 AM

By far 360 has had the best presentation. But you can't beat God of War 3.
Nintendo's stuff was the weakest.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-03-09, 12:40 AM

Nintendo is advertising to the families and to the casual gamer nowadays. For serious gamers there is only the stuff that Concrete hero said above. Which is a shame really. Nintendo can do some things very well. they just want to stick with their current health theme now.....

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-03-09, 12:43 AM

I don't know Metroid by team ninja look pretty kick arse.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-03-09, 02:35 AM
The Traveler

Dirge Eterna's Flag is: USA

To be quite honest, of everything IGN delivered to my PC, all I heard was "Blah blah blah NEW HALO GAME blah blah blah."

*Dirge begins to save change for Halo: Reach*

You'll forgive me, but you must be mistaken. I've met your makers, and they don't even know your name...

GIVING CHASE- ORDO HERETICUS FIC
(Updated Mar. 19)

Hat in the Ring
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-03-09, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirge Eterna View Post
To be quite honest, of everything IGN delivered to my PC, all I heard was "Blah blah blah NEW HALO GAME blah blah blah."

*Dirge begins to save change for Halo: Reach*
Indeed, I managed to let this one under my radar until now, I can't wait!

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-03-09, 08:39 PM

Proccor's Flag is: USA

there are 2 metroid games coming out. Metroid: Other M and Metroid: Dread (no known release date for Dread or how far along it is though)

http://kotaku.com/5277377/nintendo-n...-metroid-dread

and metroid dread is supposed to be a side scrolling metroid game.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-03-09, 11:28 PM
Darth Druchii

Druchii in Space's Flag is: Wales

Halo Reach is one I'm really interested in, just because of the back story, should be a good un.

Big news for me is Secret of Monkey Island, graphically touched up with a new voice track for XBA and PC. They also mentioned a new SoMI game, but its via episodes and I've never been a big fan of that idea.

Come and join us by the fire, to chat about the games that matter to you at the Roleplay Games Forum
---------------
"I feel I was denied. Critical, need to Know information!"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode