Old Republic MMO - Cinematic trailer - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-02-09, 08:08 PM

Farseer Beltiac's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post
Nerd boner!

I think I'll be playing a lesbian Twi'lek then...
hahaha, lesbian Twi'lek. That was hilarious. Reminds me when you dance with that Twi'lek in the first KOTOR.

anyway,hopefully, from what I read, you could play the majority of the game without having to be online or encountering other players, you just got to do some quests with other players in order to complete them. Hopefully the graphics will be good. I just saw the Trailer yesterday and loved the music at the end of the duel. Reminds me of KOTOR 2 when that song was playing. Sad though at the end.....

This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground sir. We're not going anywhere."
—SPARTAN-259
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-02-09, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

spidie2000's Flag is: USA

I could see them adding a voice client for players to communicate, but I highly doubt they would get rid of player text chat all together. It will be nice to not have to read the npc text tho.

Burn the Heretic
Kill the Mutant
Purge the Unclean
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-02-09, 10:43 PM

I am really disappointed in this game. The trailer was great don't get me wrong. But KOTOR was one of the best console RPG series out there and they ruin by trying to make it into a star wars online copy, which is shite. although with the news of being speech only and non text this might actually be a good move in the way of MMOs all round...

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-02-09, 11:21 PM

Farseer Beltiac's Flag is: USA

I was hoping for a KOTOR 3 too

Does that mean our buddy Revan and the chick The Exile failed and died? I don't think they could still be alive 300 yrs later, but I"m not as fluent with Star Wars as I used to be.Yoda was like 900 yrs old or maybe that was just his species...anyways....
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-02-09, 11:44 PM

Ammit Brando's Flag is: USA

I hope it will be an even balance of everything we love in MMO's. Here is to hoping. =)

You will beg for the darkness by the end. You will look to the sky and fear the coming shadows.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-03-09, 05:14 AM Thread Starter

spidie2000's Flag is: USA

the fans have been Dieing for a star wars MMO ever since Galaxies went to shite. And the Kotor series and Bioware are the best options out there to make it succesful.

Burn the Heretic
Kill the Mutant
Purge the Unclean
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-03-09, 08:22 AM
Darth Druchii

Druchii in Space's Flag is: Wales

Also I'd imagine setting it 300yrs later, would allow then to go and do KotoR 3 if they ever got round to doing so without the problems Warcraft gave themselves, and why you'll never see a Warcraft 4. (Well unless they use it to set up a 'in the future' Warcraft for WoW 2.)

Come and join us by the fire, to chat about the games that matter to you at the Roleplay Games Forum
---------------
"I feel I was denied. Critical, need to Know information!"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode