Sacred 2: Fallen Angel - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-29-09, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

Wraithian's Flag is: USA

Sacred 2: Fallen Angel

Well, another month, another game... This time around it's, "Sacred 2: Fallen Angel," for the Xbox 360. Though a port from PC (originally came out in November of 08 for the PC), it's beautifully done, and the controls are managable.

For those of you thinking, "What obscure game are you going on about now?" Sacred 2 is a HUGE hack and slasher, paying mad nods to Diablo 2 in form, function, and style, though not to say it is a D2 clone, as that is far from the case.

Size: Seriously, this game is frickin' HUGE. Ridiculously huge. Massive even. I've tacked on near on 40 hours into the game, and according to the achievements list, I haven't quite even hit the 30% of the map explored.

Character customization: Pretty good. There are tons of weapons, armor, rings, and with the ability to add runes and certain items to weapons and armor, the variety expands that much further. And, much like D2, there are set items that confer a bonus when the entire set is worn.

Skills: Though there are, "only," six classes of character, the way skills are updated and improved leaves a lot of room for customization. Very few characters will work their way to the massive level cap of 200 and be identical with another of the same level.

Multiplayer: Can't say I've had much experience with this one. There are two ways to experience playing with a friend/s. One, is couch co-op, where a buddy just presses start on controller 2 and dives in the action from the start, or the most obvious, Xbox live.

If I had to give it a numeric rating between 1-10, I'd probably weigh in at minimum 7.5, closer to 8. It's a lot of fun if you're into the hack and slash/item upgrader/map crawler type of game (which I just so happen to be). There are still a few bugs in the game (mostly frame rate issues--the game pushes the limits of the 360 platform) that keep my rating from going higher, but there is supposed to be a patch in the works.

If you happen to have a copy of Sacred 2: Fallen Angel," and are looking for someone to run around the variety of terrain the world offers, hit me up on XBL, GT Wraithheart.

Level me up! I, too, wish to storm the lands of mortals reaping what is truly mine...but for now, I am but a wee spot of energy...

Clicky!

"I embrace death without fear as I embrace life without regret."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-31-09, 01:12 PM

Concrete Hero's Flag is: Wales

Sounds interesting, I wasted hours of my life on Diablo 1

How long has it been out? Is it a new release? I haven't been to GAME is a while so I may just have missed it. I am in the delayed release land of the UK though...

EDIT: It is out here, I'll be heading into town next weekend with a load of games to trade in, I'll try and grab it then drop you a line on LIVE

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-31-09, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

Wraithian's Flag is: USA

Awesome.

Level me up! I, too, wish to storm the lands of mortals reaping what is truly mine...but for now, I am but a wee spot of energy...

Clicky!

"I embrace death without fear as I embrace life without regret."
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-31-09, 01:54 PM

Happen to know if PC players can join up with the people playing of consoles?

TKE's NTGU Brigade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterous View Post
Einar is right.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode