Dawn of War 2? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

View Poll Results: How is Dawn of War 2?
Rules! 16 43.24%
It's alright. 7 18.92%
Could have been better. 5 13.51%
Sucks! 3 8.11%
Steam sucks, game is great. 6 16.22%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-21-09, 08:50 PM

fallvictim's Flag is: USA

I liked dawn of war 2, i only played the demo of dawn of war so i have a general idea of how it is but 2 is nice to just pick up and play with a friend over co op.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-22-09, 01:09 PM

World Eater XII's Flag is: United Kingdom

the online is a hoot as well, scouts with shotguns backed up by assualt marheens and commander is fun!

Let the Galaxy Burn.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-22-09, 04:46 PM

CaptainLoken's Flag is: Wales

Just brought it. 20 from GAME. Waiting for it to set up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are charged with the reunification of mankind, throughout the stars, in the name of the Emperor. We seek to establish compliance amongst all the fragmentary and disparate strands. Most greet us like the lost brothers we are. You resisted.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-22-09, 10:41 PM

Fenrakk101's Flag is: USA

Skirmish and Multiplayer is impossible... you can't use the 1, 2, 3, and 4 hotkeys for squads because you can't change a squad's hotkey, they have to have been spawned in that order, and most of the ones I spawn first are just suicide hit-and-runners who just keep the enemy occupied while I build up my real force.

My Adoptables
This is my YouTube page
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-23-09, 05:47 AM Thread Starter
The Traveler

Dirge Eterna's Flag is: USA

I got it yesterday from the Best Buy, and so far I'm quite impressed with it. The Campaign is possibly the most fun and (almost) realistic version of a Warhammer game I've seen yet. I love the continuation of the old DoWs, with references to Kronus from Dark Crusade. I haven't heard any mention of Soulstorm, though. Perhaps they glossed over that. Probably for the best.

Either way, the units ROCK! Space Marines are finally (almost) fluffy. My standard roster for Campaign is the FC, Tarkus, Cyrus, and Avitus. Thaddeus is near-useless IMO and the Dread doesn't auto-heal, which gets on my nerves. The Tyranids are a little overpowered (I've taken to calling Barbed Strangler Warriors "Bosses"), but the vehicles are a little underpowered to compensate. So far my most difficult level has been hunting down the Lictor Alpha on that desert planet.

I did run into some problems with Steam, but almost as soon as I began to play the game I forgave them, because, at least for me, this game is GREAT!

You'll forgive me, but you must be mistaken. I've met your makers, and they don't even know your name...

GIVING CHASE- ORDO HERETICUS FIC
(Updated Mar. 19)

Hat in the Ring
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-23-09, 03:30 PM

Fenrakk101's Flag is: USA

I have to contradict what you say... In the fluff, the Tyranids are a lot more powerful than in the game. At least, that's what the Black Library novels say. From what I'm reading, the Tyranids are a lot harder to kill than in the game. The Orks are also a little underpowered, but not nearly as much. The Eldar seem just about right.

My Adoptables
This is my YouTube page

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode