Dawn of War Firestorm over Kronus - Page 6 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 110 (permalink) Old 05-24-09, 08:45 PM

thomas2's Flag is: Great Britain

I found out I don't have the latest FoK yesterday, so I downloaded it and played it today. First impressions were bad- event cues didn't work and the game crashed. Thankfully I had no such problems later. However the ai has problems- I know on easy it should be a breeze (I was playing easy so I could get away with any strategies or units I wanted) but the computer not bothering to build new units after theirs are all killed? Not good, and thats before I mention the Necrons.

It feels very 5th ed- both a bad and a good thing, and there are a points where it's a little too close to codex. Combat felt a little slow- and that's on hardcore mode. For quick and maybe a bit more realistic action TTRU mod is still better. Sometimes my knowledge of TT fails me- a defiler again a stationary ionhead in CC? Even on low health it should have won... (assuming FoK is using 5th eds skimmers get hit in CC like normal vehicles)

Now that's the bad over. Building wargear on characters is nice (but towards one eventual goal- not really any choice in many cases. Still I would probably complain about choice too. I'm quite hard to please ) The Nightbringer and Daemon Princes are properly badass. Orcs feel pretty codex, and I'm loving the infantry. Space Marines are well done, and I like the traits (but need the two possible more ones added, and to be generic), but a bit too loyal to 5th ed in its failings and strengths. I really like Chaos, they were good in the last FoK and now they've been refined further. Haven't yet tried IG (one of my vanilla DoW favourites), the Tau (they don't appeared to have changed much from the last FoK) or Eldar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 110 (permalink) Old 05-27-09, 12:20 AM Thread Starter

hehehe! feast your eyes on the great unclean one!

@ Thomas. Most of the armies are a mix of 3rd and 4th edition at the mo. We're working on making it 5th edition. You cant realy complain about having the game like 5th edition as it is a closer to codex mod.

Last edited by Blasphear; 05-27-09 at 12:32 AM.
post #53 of 110 (permalink) Old 05-27-09, 12:00 PM

fett14622's Flag is: USA

Brilliant work on FoK guys.

Space Marines, PREPARE FOR GLORY!!!

3000 Dark Eldar

5900 SM Emperor's Wrath
post #54 of 110 (permalink) Old 05-28-09, 10:55 AM

WarLexa's Flag is: Russia

Good mod! I played the night before!
post #55 of 110 (permalink) Old 05-28-09, 09:17 PM

thomas2's Flag is: Great Britain

I've been having lots of trouble with crashes...

Despite all my complaining other than the crashing it's a very good mod and I've enjoyed playing it. While lots of stuff, like tooltips and ai, needs working on, and there's some stuff I don't like, for example running, which allows slightly higher speeds with lots of micromanagement, it still works very well and is one of my favourite mods.
post #56 of 110 (permalink) Old 05-28-09, 09:42 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Melooo (an Internal Tester on the FoK Boards) dropped a big one - they might well be releasing a new Public RC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #57 of 110 (permalink) Old 06-06-09, 10:29 PM

Scott913's Flag is: USA

Hey Guys! Scott913 from the FoK Forums (Storm913 there) Just thought I would pop in to answer any questions that you may have. Also a new PR is in the works and should be out pretty soon. Also join the new FoK steam group to join events and for the latest FoK news! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/firestormoverkronus

@thomas2: RC 1218 has been known to be buggy. I assure you that FoK has dealt with all these bugs appropriatly and all the races have been steadily update since that release. If you have any MAJOR bugs that you would like to report you can hop over to the FoK forums and report them. I do however suggest reading the forums to see what has been resolved. As for tooltips and AI both of these have been worked on. It just takes a while to get everything finished up. The AI will be great improved in the next public RC. Happy gaming !

FoK internal tester/Head PR Guy
http://fok.dow-mods.com/
Take a look!

Last edited by Scott913; 06-06-09 at 10:39 PM.
post #58 of 110 (permalink) Old 06-07-09, 10:44 AM
Vaz

Cheers Storm, welcome to Heresy! ;)

Quote:
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
post #59 of 110 (permalink) Old 06-13-09, 05:41 PM
Vaz

Guess who's back with a brand new track.

Yeah, just been doing the picture rounds, and taken some more for your picture pleasure. Linked to a Gallery, for ease of viewing.

Gallery.

Quote:
post #60 of 110 (permalink) Old 06-23-09, 08:12 AM Thread Starter

UPDATE! Sorry its been so long but here we are with this little bit of GLORY!

The new Punisher!

And some version of the new Eldar Autarch! He is all textured and animated in the internal and is SOOOO AWESOME!
Basic:

Banshee helm, Shining Hawk wings, Dire Avenger shuripult and power weapon/direblade thing:

and more work on the Terminator Chaplain.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode