Dawn of War Firestorm over Kronus - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 110 (permalink) Old 05-20-09, 03:20 AM

thanks a ton. I just got home, so I'm looking for them now.

Do I need 1.1 and 1.2 or just 1.2? (I'll probly get them both just to be safe...)

EDIT:

For these I just stick them into the Dark Crusade folder like the mod right?

EDIT:

Ok... I got the patches, and stuck them in the DC folder. When I try to install them it sais the game isnt installed on my computer (I'm quite sure it is). Any advice?

"A true king is never alone, his will is equal to the will of all of his followers."
-Alexander the Great, kind of

Last edited by Col. Schafer; 05-20-09 at 03:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 110 (permalink) Old 05-20-09, 04:21 AM Thread Starter

What patches do you have. You need to install 1.1 and then 1.2. you should be able to click on them and have them run a install wizard or the like. Try installing 1.1 first. hope this helps! Ill edit the first post so people know
post #33 of 110 (permalink) Old 05-20-09, 04:25 AM

I've got them both and I tried to install 1.1, witch did pop up an install wizard, witch told me that the game was not installed on my computer. I then uninstaled it, reinstaled it, and tried again with the same result.

I am suposed to have them in the DC folder correct? (just makeing sure)

EDIT:

Vaz said somthing about RC1218 being the newest and best... somthing. Should I install that first?

"A true king is never alone, his will is equal to the will of all of his followers."

Last edited by Col. Schafer; 05-20-09 at 04:29 AM.
post #34 of 110 (permalink) Old 05-20-09, 08:16 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Okay, I assume you have access to the internet (Duh). Go into the game, and create yourself an online account (it's free, don't worry). Before it proceeds to the lobby, the game will check for updates - there should be 3 or 4 I think.

It'll only show one at a time, so when the first one is downloaded, DC will shut down, and will go to an install wizard. Keep doing that until you make your way to the lobby - when you've reached the lobby, Vanilla DC is fully patched and ready to rumble for mods and the like.

Personally, due to RC1218 being such a large file, I prefer a download manager, rather than the basic Firefox/IExplorer manager, as it doesn't always keep the file should you be forced to pause it, and is pretty temperamental, so I use Down Them All, nice free and easy. When it comes to saving the file, just select the Down Them All button, and will open in the manager, simple as.

Anyway, the link to 1218 is here: http://files.filefront.com/DoW40K+Fi.../fileinfo.html

It's quite a shock, mainly due to the scaling you see - instead of a Gretchin being the height of a guardsman, they only stand knee high to them now, and the weapon sounds are bellisimo. Nothing like a full squad of Sternguard with Heavy Bolter support just mowing down Orks. Beast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #35 of 110 (permalink) Old 05-20-09, 05:03 PM

Ok, so RC1218 is the latest version of FoK? Cool, I already have it.

Thanks for the advice on the online account.

post #36 of 110 (permalink) Old 05-20-09, 07:03 PM

thomas2's Flag is: Great Britain

I've been playing FoK for a while, and it's probably my favourite DoW mod. However until it comes out on SS I'll have to make do with the only DoW mod that I believe really competes- the TTRU mod, though I haven't tried the SS version yet and apparently it's still in pretty early days, so I'm worried I'll run into loads of bugs, balance issues and the like.
post #37 of 110 (permalink) Old 05-20-09, 11:56 PM Thread Starter

I have never played TTRU. But I dont think they have BT or as skilled modelers and texture as we have but im biased so hey!
post #38 of 110 (permalink) Old 05-21-09, 01:02 AM

Ok, I got an online account, but when I try to use it it sais "CD authenification failed". When I try again it just sais "trying to log onto the online lobby system" and sits there forever.

What should I do?

post #39 of 110 (permalink) Old 05-21-09, 12:58 PM

thomas2's Flag is: Great Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasphear View Post
I have never played TTRU. But I dont think they have BT or as skilled modelers and texture as we have but im biased so hey!
FoK does better in how good the game looks, true, and also has better balance, but TTRU is closer to table-top in many ways, like unit scales, the quick reinforcement out of battle (sort of like buying them beforehand in table-top) and most of all the ranges and weapon damages. A single lascannon shot will kill most infantrymen in one hit in tabletop, and it's the same for TTRU, but not in vanilla DoW or FoK.
post #40 of 110 (permalink) Old 05-21-09, 01:23 PM

magician847's Flag is: United Kingdom

just some info to help you all out:

Module you want: RC1218 (others are betas, or previous)

Patch your DC with both 1.1 AND 1.2 patches, otherwise it wont work, i found this out the hard way.

Practice makes perfect!

also, if a mod/admin reads this: can we have an "FoK gaming club" room in the chat? like vassal? or maybe just a DoW room?

thanks

M

Apostles Of Vengeance Truescale Space Marines:
Sergeant Sigorn: 99%
Tactical Squad Themis: 10%

Follow them here

Void Miniatures Commissions Service

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode