Help with PSP? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-09, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

DarknessWithin's Flag is: Canada

Default Help with PSP?

Hi. I have been saving my money up FOREVER and I finally have enough to get a PSP.
Thing is though, I've always been obsesed with Nintendo so I don't know much about it. Here's my questions
1) What games are worth getting? I only know of: God of War: Chains of Olympus, Resistance: Retrabution, Killzone: Liberation, Daxter and Metal Gear Solid: Portible Ops (isn't it funny how most games have a ":"?)
2) What does The PSP 3000 core pack come with? Because what it doesnt come with I'll need.
3) Are the bonus things (internet, music player, microphone for skype, etc.) good?
4) How much memory does each game use up and how much will memory will I need?
5) What are the essientals for getting one? Like cases, screen protector...
Thanks
DarknessWithin

Fear the Darkness Within yourself, for there is no escape, there is no Mercy. Be afraid of the Dark, for it's here...

Impossible Quiz 2
Please, I am hungry for mouse. Please let your mouse feed me with it's clicks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-09, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

Just posting this one to keep this thread alive long enough for someone to answer
DarknessWithin

Fear the Darkness Within yourself, for there is no escape, there is no Mercy. Be afraid of the Dark, for it's here...

Impossible Quiz 2
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-09, 06:04 PM

Proccor's Flag is: USA

1. Look into Powerstone (old Dreamcast fighting game its awesome, like smashbros) if you can find others with it. And if your a final fantasy fan lookinto Final Fantasy: Crisis Core. And if your a hack and slash fan Monster Hunter: Unite can satisfy that, has multiplayer as well.

2. What's in the Box:
Black PSP-3000 system (now has built in mic and better screen), AC power cord, AC adapter, battery pack, documentation.

3. Not sure about the Mic but on my PSP, got an old one, the internet works fine and is pretty easy to setup and music/movies are fine with headphones on. w/o sound quality is a lil shakey.

4. games take up from anywhere to 150-700kb, I think sports games take up the most. As far as how much you need, that depends on what ur gonna be doing along with ur gaming.

5. Screen protector, or a screen film are nice, I would heavily suggest getting a portable carrying case protector (one thats the size of the psp with open ports for charging and audio) if you plan on moving around with it a lot.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-09, 10:08 PM

Best thing to get is a gneral accesory pack. They'll come with protective cases, anything from a box to a little sock thingy, a wrist strap, great for protecting it from falls when playing, game cases and more than likely screen protectors. Very good to get all of those things usually. The games aren't as common as the DS ( my shop we have 4 metres of DS, only 1 and a half of PSP, but that's ireland)

good games are a lot of the Japanese RPGs, rengoku, dungeon explorer, monster hunter, final fantasys, they're my kind of games anyway....

PSP 3000 pack comes with what Proccor said, but you can get a ltd edition with buzz, or a silver one with resistamce in it

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-14-09, 01:06 AM

Fenrakk101's Flag is: USA

1. I like Rengoku 2, if you're into that type of game. Monster Hunter 2 is another game I love.

3. The music and video are as good as they are on your comp (Or better, if the files are good and your comp sucks). Internet is slow, even slower depending on your connection, and uses the same type of texting as a cell phone. It still gets the job done, though.

4. I don't know the exacts, but my 1gig chip has a LOT of stuff on it, so unless you plan on having a dozen game saves, don't go out and get anything more than what comes with the PSP.

5. Screen protector isn't really necessary, but if you plan on loaning it out, it's a must-have. The case is something you HAVE to have, though. The PSP is small even for little kids, and dust gets everywhere and jams the buttons and blovks your screen. You should also look into a chain to put it on while in the case; there are people who are good at pickpocketing. Too many people with Assassin's Creed, if you ask me...

I don't know about the 3000 because I don't have it.

Hope this helps.

My Adoptables
This is my YouTube page
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-14-09, 02:10 PM

Thing with the memory is that the bigger cards are sold more for pictures and music more than games. A 512mb card will do you for plenty of games as no game saves over a mb each. get yourself a 2gb card and you can have a lot of music and pictures, plus a lot of games too....

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-07-09, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

I found This one pack and I think it's pretty good:
Piano black Sony PSP 3000 system

Rock Band Unplugged UMD game

4GB Memory Stick PRO Duo

Battery Pack

AC power cord and adapter.
Then I'll get a set with a screen protector, game protector, earphones and a case. Then i'll get God Of War: Chains Of Olympus, Manhunt 2 and Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops.
does it sound like a good deal?
DarknessWithin
P.S. Should I get a spare battery pack?

Impossible Quiz 2

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode