Aliens vs Predator 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-11-09, 10:44 PM Thread Starter

Concrete Hero's Flag is: Wales

Default Aliens vs Predator 3

A video popped up on the the inside Xbox section of Xbox live a few days ago.

As far as I know that's the only place where that video is being hosted.

Its basically a short interview with one of the developers with a few teasing clips from the game. I have to say, its already looking fantastic.

Though my view will be extremely biased, I'm an immense fan of the Alien vs Predator 2 game and spent many many hours wasting away in front of it. I've always hoped they'd bring out another and with the same awesome online multiplayer as well.

Good news; Its the same games developer (I think), though Sega are lending their hand (sweet). Multiplayer is indeed a part of the game and will probably run off the same ideas as AVP2. They've also stated that the game will be quite explicitly violent (though not excessively or pointlessly) and is definitely not a game for younger children - Awesome.

Thats all I have for now, I'll drop back in when I have more info!

Needless to say I'm excited about this game, AVP2 was and is still one of the best games I played Online.

Edit: Though its depressing, this is most likely going to be a 2010 release.

Last edited by Concrete Hero; 05-11-09 at 10:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-11-09, 10:51 PM

Nice find concrete hero. I Didn't hear much about this bar that it was in the works. Might have to check out the video now =)

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-12-09, 04:43 AM
Pally-HO!!!!

Captain Galus's Flag is: USA

The first AvP was a work of art. The second AvP was a work of art. People say that the third time's the charm, so thinking of AvP3 makes me salivate; I have no problem admitting that at all.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-12-09, 06:32 AM
War

War's Flag is: Australia

Been waiting for a video for a while, Might go check it out later, Thanks concrete hero!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-12-09, 01:45 PM

Proccor's Flag is: USA

I was semi disappointed by no gameplay footage, but hearing what they said sounds like they are going in the right direction.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-12-09, 02:53 PM

Fenrakk101's Flag is: USA

AvP is one of the most awesome genres ever. If any company is making a game of theirs it has to be awesome. If it isn't, then they're retarded.

I've heard some rumors about a new game, glad to see they were probably right.

PS - Another IZ fan!

My Adoptables
This is my YouTube page
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-17-09, 05:45 AM
Ascendant Valor's Flag is: USA

When I first saw the advert on the XBOX Dashboard, I almost shat myself. Seriously.

After seeing the commentary, I did.

Frankly, the series was never a full blown, mainstream setup. Rather, it's had a ridiculous cult following. Hopefully, that's the group the game will aim for. That way, we're sure to see similar quality with respect to what we're used to from AvP1 and AvP2!

I don't see it as being a "ground-breaking" title, but I do hope it'll at least be half as fun as the previous iterations of the series (making it twice as fun as any other game).

"In the eyes of the Elves of Ulthuan there exists no fear, only grim determination.

Until one has witnessed them in combat, one cannot comprehend the power that they possess."
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-17-09, 04:08 PM

Fenrakk101's Flag is: USA

Agreed. I just forget what type of game it was - rpg, fps, or rts; I can't remember. As far as I know, it could be any, since there's been a game for each of those types of games.

The only type of game that could be compared is a Ghost in the Shell game, but I don't think any have been made yet

My Adoptables
This is my YouTube page
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-19-09, 08:35 AM

aM | Gunslinger's Flag is: Wales

yeah i saw the video on xbox live and i cant wait for the game, but as hero said its not gonna be ready anytime soon!! ive never heard a bad point about the past 2 games, its gonna be awesome.

I have a rendezvous with death, At some disputed barricade, it may be that he shall take my hand, and lead me into his dark land, and close my eyes and quench my breath, I have a rendezvous with death, and i to my pledged word am true, i shall not fail that rendezvous...

Quote:
I won't remove the thread. This is an example of how Heresy members should not act toward other forum members, and seriously, don't pull the free speech bullshit. You're free to say what I allow you to say.
- jezlad
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-20-09, 04:53 PM

Proccor's Flag is: USA

http://kotaku.com/5262684/aliens-vs-...mpaign-details
this is what i was waiting for.

Screenshots, Teaser, and Game Details!!!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode