Left 4 dead survival mode... - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-23-09, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

aM | Gunslinger's Flag is: Wales

Default Left 4 dead survival mode...

so yeah I play left 4 dead online and have been waiting for this download content for ages! so now you can play all campaigns online versus woop! and there is a new survival mode... same jist as horde on GoW2...

i love the new updates and download content. there is only one downside to the updates and that is the melee fatiuge meter... it was a nice idea and a gd way to try and make online play fair but now if you have been vomited on by the boomer and there is a hunter jumping around all u can do is stand by and watch everything maul you powerless to do anything.

so whats everyones opinons on the new updates and does anyone have XBL and want to curb stomp some zombies???

I have a rendezvous with death, At some disputed barricade, it may be that he shall take my hand, and lead me into his dark land, and close my eyes and quench my breath, I have a rendezvous with death, and i to my pledged word am true, i shall not fail that rendezvous...

Quote:
I won't remove the thread. This is an example of how Heresy members should not act toward other forum members, and seriously, don't pull the free speech bullshit. You're free to say what I allow you to say.
- jezlad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-23-09, 09:51 AM

Malakor's Flag is: Scotland

I love survival modes. The Nazi zombies in World at War was easily the best part of that game.
Apparently Valve's record is just about 9 minutes which doesn't really sound like a lot to me but it sounds as though it'll get horribly difficult quite quickly.

What would Richard do.......?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-23-09, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

they are difficult yep with the never ending supply of thanks that the AI director seems to have but i have reached 13 mins with just one mate so im happy

I have a rendezvous with death, At some disputed barricade, it may be that he shall take my hand, and lead me into his dark land, and close my eyes and quench my breath, I have a rendezvous with death, and i to my pledged word am true, i shall not fail that rendezvous...

Quote:
I won't remove the thread. This is an example of how Heresy members should not act toward other forum members, and seriously, don't pull the free speech bullshit. You're free to say what I allow you to say.
- jezlad
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-23-09, 01:21 PM

fatboy955's Flag is: United Kingdom

i've got a few questions about L4D if nobody minds taking them.
1)what sort of game is it?
2)is there a story mode?
3)how scary is it?
4) and finally how gory is it?

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-23-09, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy955 View Post
i've got a few questions about L4D if nobody minds taking them.
1)what sort of game is it?
2)is there a story mode?
3)how scary is it?
4) and finally how gory is it?
thats fine man 1) its is a first person shooter - with zombies good old fashioned zombie fun, very gd if u replaced the zombies with marshmallows it would still feel like a zombie game

2) there is 4 different campaigns to play through single playered or co-op up to 4 people!

3) it is not scary at all but does warrent the occasional scream!

4) and finally its reasonably gory! you can blow off limbs or a head or pretty much any other body part that takes ur fancy??? but its more of a childish gore than a scary gore if that makes any sense :S

Quote:
- jezlad
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-23-09, 03:30 PM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by aM | Gunslinger View Post
thats fine man 1) its is a first person shooter - with zombies good old fashioned zombie fun, very gd if u replaced the zombies with marshmallows it would still feel like a zombie game
Gotta love Yahtzee, eh?

though it's true!

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-23-09, 03:41 PM

Proccor's Flag is: USA

i havent tried it yet, probably sometime this weekend though. heard a lot of people are liking it, even though they dont last to long.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-23-09, 05:01 PM

fatboy955's Flag is: United Kingdom

cheers guys will have to go and get it now

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-23-09, 10:28 PM
Pally-HO!!!!

Captain Galus's Flag is: USA

It's fun if your in the mood for some mindless shooting; and let's be honest, that happens to the best of us from time to time. If your looking for a tense survival-horror FPS, L4D will vastly disappoint you. It's pretty much Counterstrike: Source with zombies.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-23-09, 11:39 PM

Proccor's Flag is: USA

honestly what got me to get l4d was verses mode whether im zomebie or human it usually really fun.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode