Loner or Multiplayer? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-21-09, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

Default Loner or Multiplayer?

In the past 2 years abouts ther has been a large amount of games sporting a very big emphasis on playing with a friend or friends. These include games like army of two, Kane & Lynch, left4dead and many more, most recent being resident Evil 5...

Now these games do have a single player mode and they are very good in both regards but My question to you is:

Do you prefer going it alone or having a friend help out in the game?

Personally I think having a real person help you out is great as a lot of games have shite AI and you get to have a lot more fun. You don't just save some robot, you save your friend!

what's your thoughts on it?

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-21-09, 08:46 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

depends on the game, RE5 I prefer with a Human cus the AI for sheva is beyond retarded, except for the last level because you can't actually do it with 2 humans

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-21-09, 09:55 PM

hells_fury's Flag is: Australia

i prefer with a friend as its so much more fun, AI will never drive a warthog off a cliff and bail at the last second to lol at you, AI wont kill you for the force hammer, annoying but funny when you ally snipers you for it.

that bieng said a quote from PC pwoerplay on CO-OP

it will be good and fun for a while but sooner or later your allies head will be in your cross hairs and you will be faced with the easiest moral question ever

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

if your bored my MSN is hells_fury@live.com, add me and ill talk with anyone :p

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-21-09, 11:46 PM
The Traveler

Dirge Eterna's Flag is: USA

I have to say I like single player RPGs and open-world, but FPS and clearly made-for-co-op games are always better with a buddy.

You'll forgive me, but you must be mistaken. I've met your makers, and they don't even know your name...

GIVING CHASE- ORDO HERETICUS FIC
(Updated Mar. 19)

Hat in the Ring
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-09, 12:03 AM

Android089's Flag is: Canada

it depends on who your playing with:

noobs in left4dead will shoot you if you take a pipe bomb or pills while an AI would really give them to you!

but yes i would rather play online with my friends then by myself with a computer

"I don't care bout dem ard ead space marines i want da city and i don't care bout ow many boyz it takes me ta get it!"
-Agromak orders his boyz to their death

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-09, 05:38 PM

xiawujing's Flag is: USA

It depends on the game.

For L4D, its a lot more fun to play with people. For COD5, its almost nessecary to have more than just you if you're playing Veteran.

Been gone for a while, but Alpharius commands my return
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-23-09, 09:00 AM

aM | Gunslinger's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
depends on the game, RE5 I prefer with a Human cus the AI for sheva is beyond retarded, except for the last level because you can't actually do it with 2 humans
amen to that, sheva is definatly retarded!!! but you can do the last level with a human player... it is alot harder but still possible!

but to answer the real question i definatly prefer playing with a friend!!!

I have a rendezvous with death, At some disputed barricade, it may be that he shall take my hand, and lead me into his dark land, and close my eyes and quench my breath, I have a rendezvous with death, and i to my pledged word am true, i shall not fail that rendezvous...

Quote:
I won't remove the thread. This is an example of how Heresy members should not act toward other forum members, and seriously, don't pull the free speech bullshit. You're free to say what I allow you to say.
- jezlad
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-24-09, 08:01 AM
The Yellow King

Azwraith's Flag is: Australia

i really like both

i mean games like Oblivion and Assassins Creed are awesome
i think maybe oblivion could be multi but its just so complex

but im really a multiplayer gamers... speaking of which im off to Rflan www.rflan.org to download lots of "user made media" and play lots of DOW TF2 CSS UT3 UT2K4 SOLDAT!!!!!!!!! and others... like HOMM5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Spikey View Post
I wore my first dress about 15-16- no reason for it, I was just sat in the props room at school writing an essay and decided to try on the leopard print top and mini-skirt, even threw on a blonde wig, and I must admit the breeze to my gentlemen was a rare delight.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-24-09, 08:46 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

I like Multiplayer. Online or Offline Multiplayer, doesn't matter which. I'll play the first game the way through normally, and then I'd go onto Multiplayer. It's not often I'd get a Multiplayer capable game and then go on Single Player after completing it, unless there are harder still difficulties to do.

However, I'll still get a 1P only game. Games like Oblivion are bare fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-24-09, 09:19 AM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by aM | Gunslinger View Post
amen to that, sheva is definatly retarded!!! but you can do the last level with a human player... it is alot harder but still possible!
all I know is me and my uncle tried 15 times, and couldn't figure out what to do, you mash buttons to move the rock, you mash buttons to stop sheva falling, you shoot wesker to stop him firing his phallic device at you.....and sheva falls, no matter what, no explanation as to what you must do, its not like either of us can actually go anywhere.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode