Assassin's Creed II - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-21-09, 02:07 AM Thread Starter
The Traveler

Dirge Eterna's Flag is: USA

Default Assassin's Creed II

As many of you know, Assassin's Creed was one of the first "new gen" free-runner/parkour games. Ubisoft basically left us with more questions then answers the first time around in 1191, and now we are set in Italy in the 1400s, during the period of the warring city-states. I know I'm looking forward to it, and thought I'd post a bit about it before you all start raging about how Assassin's Creed was way the hell too repetative (it was), and too easy (right on).

When is ACII being released?
-Quarter 4 of 2009

When is ACII set in?
-Middle 1400s, Italy. Florence, Rome, and Venice are all confirmed cities.

Who will I play as?
-Ezio, a noble-turned Assassin with a cooler costume and buddies with Leonardo Da Vinci.

What's new?
-You've learned to swim.
-You can pick up weapons
-LOTS more missions. Apparently 200+
-Random events, scripted sequences, etc.
-Inventive AI (Guards poke hiding places, attack 2+ at a time, etc.)
-You can fly using Da Vinci's glider concept.
-Day/Night cycle, and weather effects will help or hinder your Assassinations.

What's old?
-Same stealth system, but more hiding spots.
-Apparently Desmond Miles is making a comeback.
-Abstergo Industries, obviously.

Gamespot runs their normal replays of the Teaser Trailers, giving us some kind of insight, but Ubisoft is notorious for their tight security until release week, so don't hold your breath. If you're looking, Game Informer magazine held a really nice world reveal of the new character models and graphics, it looks ace.

You'll forgive me, but you must be mistaken. I've met your makers, and they don't even know your name...

GIVING CHASE- ORDO HERETICUS FIC
(Updated Mar. 19)

Hat in the Ring

Last edited by Dirge Eterna; 04-22-09 at 11:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-21-09, 03:03 AM
cafel's Flag is: USA

Sounds awesome, looking forward to this.

Hive Fleet Hecatonchires

W:17 D:5 L:8 (Stupid Tau)
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-21-09, 07:35 AM

hells_fury's Flag is: Australia

im interested, keep up thye info and i might get it

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

if your bored my MSN is hells_fury@live.com, add me and ill talk with anyone :p

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-21-09, 09:40 AM

I was about to post this. Good job Dirge

The only major things I can bring to this is that your character isn't an assassin straight off. He starts off as a noble and then some plot twists later you're an assassin. Also they kept it sketchy about his relation to altair but there is one apparently that will become a major story plot....

Also random events are huge. As in Massive weddings, funerals of the people you killed all that will be happening outside of missions. They might have some relation to missions, like kill the groom of the weddings etc. but they're not necessary and are there for achievements and slight upgrades more than anything....

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-21-09, 10:34 AM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

sounds good, I really enjoyed number 1, and finally being able to swim is good, although I hope that doesn't mean guards will be able to swim, several hundred pounds of armour ain't easy to swim in

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-21-09, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
The Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Reevan View Post
I was about to post this. Good job Dirge

The only major things I can bring to this is that your character isn't an assassin straight off. He starts off as a noble and then some plot twists later you're an assassin. Also they kept it sketchy about his relation to altair but there is one apparently that will become a major story plot....

Also random events are huge. As in Massive weddings, funerals of the people you killed all that will be happening outside of missions. They might have some relation to missions, like kill the groom of the weddings etc. but they're not necessary and are there for achievements and slight upgrades more than anything....
Sounds good to me, I remember Ezio being a noble first... somebody told me about that. I hope that part's just like the tutorial in ASI, I couldn't bear to be a noble half the game and suddenly become a god in part 2. Random events are in my mind, what make a game great. Starcraft had a few, Oblivion had some, Fallout had a lot, and they're some of my favorites. I also heard about a fourth city, but I can't remember the name...

You'll forgive me, but you must be mistaken. I've met your makers, and they don't even know your name...

(Updated Mar. 19)

Hat in the Ring
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-21-09, 09:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Reevan View Post
Also they kept it sketchy about his relation to altair but there is one apparently that will become a major story plot....
Haven't they actually revealed that Ezio is another of Desmond's ancestors just as Altiar was?

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-21-09, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
The Traveler

I don't know. I didn't see anything about it in Game Informer. He might be. But then Desmond is Arab... Italian?

(Updated Mar. 19)

Hat in the Ring
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-09, 09:57 PM

They never mentioned that they are direct relatives but there is some connection between them. Could be family wise, or Sect wise, like altair went to italy to try and stop the crusades and set up the guild there or something liek that. That is only speculation though.

About him being a noble I'd say you're right dirge as Just walking around the palce all posh for half the game will be shite. Maybe the intro part and then he gets inducted or something.... won't know til we play it I guess.....

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-09, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
The Traveler

I've had an ear to the ground at the Gamespot, and evidently his family seriously loses their shit to another family and gets ROFLstomped a few tutorials into the game, which causes him to go Assassin. We might have a medieval Punisher on our hands O.o

(Updated Mar. 19)

Hat in the Ring

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode