Resident evil 5 help - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-21-09, 12:01 AM Thread Starter

Default Resident evil 5 help

hey all. After not being able to play anything recently, work, projects and all, I have only recently got to that big worm covered boss in resident evil 5. The second one where you can use the flamethrower on him.

Thing is I can take its arms off and uncover it's weak spot but the problem is to attack them I have to drop the flamethrower and start firing but by that time they're going back in so I do minimal damage to it. Sheva is useless because when the weakspots are there she fires at it's head, not them, and if I give her the flamethrower she never gets it to show the weak spots.

Also there are some attacks I just can't dodge and they're taking a serious amount of health off.

Ammo isn't a problem and neither is buying the first aid spray. just the right amount of each is the problem....

anyway if you guys can help me I'd be much appreciated

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-21-09, 01:57 AM

Epic Fail's Flag is: Australia

I didn't find Sheva too bad with the flamethrower if I put her in agressive, but she's pretty much just an annoying inventory system.

I got the big damage in early by making worm boy walk over the tipped over gas tanks, then giving him a face full of magnum. When I fell back to using the flamer I just kept burning him, if need be I just quickly swapped to a machine gun and sprayed at the vulnerable spots, but seriously I just burned, burned burned him to death.

Monocle rich!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-21-09, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

thing is using nothing but the the flamethrower seems to slow him down and nothing else. I do take a lot of damage off him with the tanks and a lot of grenades, both frag and incindiary. Are the weakspot orbs meant to blow up or anything because I haven't even got one down....

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-21-09, 10:37 AM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

get the RPG off the majini swamp level, save it, and then use it on the boss, 1 shot 1 kill

otherwise just keep flaming at point blank after you've shot the orbs with your pistol, killed him in about 5 minutes on normal

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-21-09, 11:04 AM Thread Starter

rpgs are one hit kills? Oooh gonna have to try that.... I went straight for hard on it and when I'm flaming him he stil attacks a fair bit.... I'm off to buy the RPG though....

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-21-09, 11:13 AM
blahblahblahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Reevan View Post
rpgs are one hit kills? Oooh gonna have to try that.... I went straight for hard on it and when I'm flaming him he stil attacks a fair bit.... I'm off to buy the RPG though....
if you have plenty of cash then buy it, otherwise pick it up for free from the swamp level, and if you beat the game in under 5 hours on any difficulty (including single level replays) you get unlimited ammo for it for free, bye bye wesker or any boss

dunno if its still 1 hit kill on hard, but it should make things a little easier none the less

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-23-09, 08:57 AM

aM | Gunslinger's Flag is: Wales

yeah i really enjoyed that boss... fire is my friend!!! i just kept burning the shit out of him! yeah sheva is useless but i found just shooting his arms off then just pelting him with bullets while sheva flamed him!!!

but thanks to playing through the game a fair few times (far to much) i not have unlimited ammo on the best magnum which deals out 5000 damage per shot sweeeet!!

I have a rendezvous with death, At some disputed barricade, it may be that he shall take my hand, and lead me into his dark land, and close my eyes and quench my breath, I have a rendezvous with death, and i to my pledged word am true, i shall not fail that rendezvous...

Quote:
I won't remove the thread. This is an example of how Heresy members should not act toward other forum members, and seriously, don't pull the free speech bullshit. You're free to say what I allow you to say.
- jezlad
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-23-09, 10:03 AM
blahblahblahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by aM | Gunslinger View Post
i now have unlimited ammo on the best magnum which deals out 5000 damage per shot sweeeet!!
sweet indeed, I only wish it was more effective against those damn reapers, but that damn smog of theres

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-23-09, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

After getting through the boss no problem I'm having problems with the two insect-like thingys in the nest chapter. the one I had to face earlier I got him caught in the boxes on the conveyor belt and he burned. Now with nothing like that there they're a right pain.....

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-23-09, 04:08 PM
blahblahblahblah

Proximity mines, M3 shotgun, kills bugs in no time

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode