Fans of Dynasty Warriors Discussion - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-09, 12:40 AM Thread Starter
Darth Druchii

Druchii in Space's Flag is: Wales

Default Fans of Dynasty Warriors Discussion

Although I could well be proved wrong, it has been my experience that on Wargamming sites I often run into other fans of this marvellous series.
I'd admit many folks don't get it, or think its boring, but to those of us who do enjoy the game. It has a tendacy to become a firm fave and it sucks you into learning more about the lore and myth associated with the 3Kingdoms era.

Myself I brought a PS2 about 5months after it was released and one of the games It came with was Dynasty Warriors 2. That was it I was hooked, and in my opinion the games have kept on getting better and better all the way up to the current version, DW6. I play Six every so often still and I am eagerly awaiting the next update to it.

My fave faction is Shu, I have always loved the three brothers story and like to play all three of them when I can. Guan Yu probably the most though, I also like Ma Chao's story, and in general find I like many of the officers of Shu's forces over their rivals.

However after saying that my fave overall character is Zhang Liao of Wei, although Guan Yu of Shu is pretty close.
Classic Zhang Liao

His new DW6 version

I think the fact I know it is partially based on history makes the game more interesting for me, and I'm always hoping Koei will add more characters. Tbh thats possibly the worst thing with DW Six, we lost so many of the characters. Although I'm quite convinced now after months and months of play the game is 100% better all across the board.

So I'm just wondering if there are any other Dynasty Warriors fans out there on Heresy and which games have you played, who is your fave faction and characters?

Come and join us by the fire, to chat about the games that matter to you at the Roleplay Games Forum
---------------
"I feel I was denied. Critical, need to Know information!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-09, 07:12 AM

hells_fury's Flag is: Australia

i played it a little bit just for the killing and that but if you want i can ask an ex if she wants to talk with you, she loves the game so much she has 200 hours on a couple of the games

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

if your bored my MSN is hells_fury@live.com, add me and ill talk with anyone :p

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-09, 05:51 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

I got the Dynasty Warriors 3XL, and from there got 3, 4, 4XL, 5, 5XL, and 5 Empires, but resisted getting 6.

Dynasty Warriors is a firm favourite of mine, but I just don't think it can cope with some of the more story driven games (no matter how crap they are in return - a la Dark Kingdom).

They're good stress release. I loved Pang De, but I'm sad now he's gone, Just taking a Coffin to battle because he thought he would die just sounds awesome. Lu Bu, best character ever - real sell sword, although I think him losing his 'true' Skyscorcher in 6 was a shame. Never even recognised him.

Xiahou Dun - oh look Arrow in Face, EAT MA EYE NOW!

The Book that inspired it as well is an excellent read, anyone had a gander?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-09, 12:55 AM

there's a book? oh man I want it now.... is it the same name or what?

I always loved the series from 2 upwards, 4 probably being my favourite of all.... Probably because I didn't play 5 too much(faulty disc) And I just disliked 6. The combo system was all out of wack and I just disliked the feel of it. It coudl been I ddn't give it a chance but I disliked that one a lot..... some interesting story plots in ot though.... especially lu bu.....

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-09, 01:18 AM Thread Starter
Darth Druchii

Aye, the Three Kingdoms period is Chinese History as I'd expect most of us who have played it know, however a novel was written about the period called 'Romance of the Three Kingdoms' in the 14th Century by Luo Guanzhong. It is a brilliant read and throws some interesting insight to the characters/people you play with in the game.

Well worth a read in my view, especially if you are a fan of the period. Its still a goal of mine to go to China at some point and tour some of the locations of the Three Kingdoms era.

Come and join us by the fire, to chat about the games that matter to you at the Roleplay Games Forum
---------------
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-09, 01:31 AM

cool I might try that out then... thankily dooda!

Sticking with the Whole DW theme here who was your favourite character's incarnation in the whole lot? Like do you prefer zhang liao from DW4, 5, 6? Personally it's either Dian wei from 3, Xiahou dun from 4 and Ma chao from 3 as well.... all great characters

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Last edited by Lord Reevan; 04-18-09 at 01:34 AM.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-09, 01:40 AM Thread Starter
Darth Druchii

Now thats a toughie, probably Zhang Liao from Dynasty Warriors 4 I'd reckon, partially for his additional costumes (I loved the Lu Bu faction one,) plus overall style/look and the kick arse cutscenes he had a part in through-out the game.

I still like him in DW6, he's still probably my fave to a degree, but I didn't like the fact they took Blue Wyvern off him and seemed to merge him with Pang De.

---------------
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-09, 02:02 AM

Yeah I don't like his new style... I've tried to make a blue wyvern for one of my captains because of him..... the new version makes it seem less desirable....

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-09, 10:18 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

In 4XL he gets the Level 5 Weapon 'Gold Wyvern', and is one of the best, not to mention hardest to get. I can't remember what he gets in 5 as his 4th.

In DW3, I liked Wei Yan - the Twin Voulge was awesome, as was his 5th.

DW4, has to be Cao Ren, and in 5, probably Gan Ning, with his Constant Musuo with his 4th Weapon, or Pang De.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-09, 03:01 PM
The Traveler

Dirge Eterna's Flag is: USA

I'm a fan of Xiahou Dun (spelling?), simply because eye patches are proven to make you 50% cooler.

You'll forgive me, but you must be mistaken. I've met your makers, and they don't even know your name...

GIVING CHASE- ORDO HERETICUS FIC
(Updated Mar. 19)

Hat in the Ring

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode