+20 rep to anyone who can help me! - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-07-09, 11:48 PM

Plasma is the best weapon in that game for blast radius and overall killyness and they do carry a lot of them in that level. What I did is Have every unit around 6-8 steps away from the other and advance with the marines while I have 2 scouts advancing with shotgun and the others holding behind the marines with sniper rifles..... When I get my DS back I'll go through the level again and try and help out some more.....

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-09-09, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
Executive Nitpicker

Galahad's Flag is: USA

Gah!

I made it pretty close to the bunker, but as soon as I was within sight of the barricades, suddenly there was fucking plasma everywhere. Lost half my guys in one turn after keeping them all alive until that point.

I'm going to try the kill everyone plan

-=============]xxxxo Galahad oxxxx[=============-
Check out the Heresy Combat Calculator -- MathHammer Made Easy!

Codex: Angels Errant. Read it, please.
Heresy Forum Rules -- Read them, damnit!
Reporting: When/How/Why -- Read that too!
"...remember the Golden Rule: Chill out, they're only plastic spacemen!" -Brother Jazzman
"Galahad is 100% correct in his explanation. Anyone who says otherwise to [him] is vastly mistaken." -The Wraithlord
"You know what? Fuck DC comics." -Robert Downey Junior

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-09-09, 08:39 PM

That way was how I di it. The objectives are usually awkward and difficult compared to just killing everyone on the map....

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-10-09, 01:54 AM
is going to DISNEY LAND

khorneflake's Flag is: USA

i used my scouts with shotguns as meat shields for my SM (with plasma) so they could wax the bunker with PG. use the cover. i have found that there is alot of trial and error with this game.

http://host71690.123flashchat.com/TalkWargaming/
Pop a cold one and join us in the TalkWargaming flaschat!
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-12-09, 05:43 AM

:facepalm: It was in my DS the whole time. Yes I know I am an epic failure. If you still need help I'm working thru level three now.

EDIT:

Ok, you don’t have to wipe everything out, just make it about 2/3 across the map, then establish a well defended position. Set up all four scouts with shottys and split them into two groups of two. Send one high and the other one across the bottom of the map and then cut up thru the center. Have your tactical marines use plasma and sit them back for a while. Just position your scouts to hit the maximum number of targets per point used for movement and then fire multiple shots. It will take one to kill each cultist and three for each CSM. Keep that in mind and don’t be afraid to sit back and take one shot each turn with your bolter from half the map away for 24 points if you don’t want to risk a unit. Once you have a good position, check LOS on the objective. There are a lot of obstacles and marines in the way (don’t worry the marines in front of the objective don’t want to move for some reason) you may have to relocate or take them out gradually with 24 point shots on the bolters, or quickly with plasma. If you have LOS, no matter the long shot, run your plasma up and camp out to recharge your points. Then put your full points into hitting the objective. One hit should do it but even for that many points you may miss at that range so multiple try’s might be necessary.

If this is late ignore it, but if you’re still stuck try it.

"A true king is never alone, his will is equal to the will of all of his followers."
-Alexander the Great, kind of

Last edited by Col. Schafer; 04-12-09 at 07:38 AM.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-12-09, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
Executive Nitpicker

Galahad's Flag is: USA

I've been busy with work and the stompa lately, so I haven't had much time to play. That said, I'm liking this plan. The enemy rarely seems to move if they're not within your area of vision, so it makes sense to just clear out an area and snipe from ultra-long range with the plasguns.

Mmm, I'll have to try that tomorow

-=============]xxxxo Galahad oxxxx[=============-
Check out the Heresy Combat Calculator -- MathHammer Made Easy!

Codex: Angels Errant. Read it, please.
Heresy Forum Rules -- Read them, damnit!
Reporting: When/How/Why -- Read that too!
"...remember the Golden Rule: Chill out, they're only plastic spacemen!" -Brother Jazzman
"Galahad is 100% correct in his explanation. Anyone who says otherwise to [him] is vastly mistaken." -The Wraithlord
"You know what? Fuck DC comics." -Robert Downey Junior

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode