Call of Duty: World at war - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-31-09, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Default Call of Duty: World at war

I just got done playing COD:WAW and have come to the realization that it the same format as CoD: Modern warfare. The same missions different war. Don't get me wrong this is a very good game but the whole WWII game is a bit washed out now.
Any thoughts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-31-09, 08:11 PM
Pally-HO!!!!

Captain Galus's Flag is: USA

I would agree about the WWII thing; the Nazis are all dead and the Japanese are on our side now. CoDWaW only looked like CoDMW, however. Kind of like a little monkey standing next to a person wearing the same clothes; one is a human, and one is smelling their own poo.

post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-31-09, 08:50 PM

I dont no why people have all jumped on the bandwagon to slate CODWAW. Its a good game, just as COD4 was/is. People keep saying that WWII games are boring and there have been 2 many, but its obvious that people still want to play them. Also when people say 'its just the same as COD4 but in a WWII setting, well i can see where people are coming from but to be honest all the COD games are virtually the same if you think about it. They just change the setting and add a few knew features (much the same as any game franchise)

I suppose i wish that people would form there own oppinions rather than just jumping on the fanboy-wagon or quoting from IGN or Gamespot or watever.
post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-31-09, 09:47 PM

hells_fury's Flag is: Australia

i agree with champion, its a great game i cant really think off how to put it but i like the way that activision is doing the series, first tryarch does a WW2 then infinity ward goes to modern warfare and they rinse and repeat. it gives you a nice break if your one of the die hard fans like me :p

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

if your bored my MSN is hells_fury@live.com, add me and ill talk with anyone :p

post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-31-09, 10:15 PM

I liked it but Nowhere near as much as other shooters such as vegas and Modern warfare. Thing is I am really bored of the whole WWII setting. There's brothers in arms, turning point, medal of honor, all but one COD game and a few more crap ones around and the amount previously released is just appalling...... But I much prefer a realistic modern setting So I will go for them over WWII anyday.... I guess in time people will be saying the same about wars set in this time......

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-01-09, 09:30 AM

hells_fury's Flag is: Australia

yep, everything will end up old, thats the problem with gaming nowadays, the campaign is to short, amping up the difficulty only serves to annoy as you reliaze that the AI backing you up arnt intelligent watsoever, to me the best games are the simple ones such as harvest moon and pokemon, they have 100's of hours of gameplay in single player but after that you cant play another pokemon game cause its over played, even with the new ideas they add it isnt enough. but with the WW2 hooters they are constantly evolving making it a better new experience, remember the first MOH's all you had was cross hairs, then COD 1 came along and you had the iron sights, now with WAW you have the perks and new game modes, sure its the same old era but its a new design so it feels just that little bit more fresh.

i hope i got my point across cause i know i jumped around and got off topic and such but owells

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

if your bored my MSN is hells_fury@live.com, add me and ill talk with anyone :p

post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-02-09, 03:38 PM

SPARTAN-117's Flag is: Tokelau

The only thing that's putting me off of buying it are the zombies. I've had many games and they all seemed good until I got to a level with zombies. It worked out well for Halo and I'm not sure about CoD: WAW as I haven't played it yet, or seen the trailers.
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-02-09, 05:38 PM

Sword Slasher's Flag is: England

The zombie levels aren't all that bad. The new one (on asylum) is a work of art. you can buy perks, initiate electricity fields and all with mates whilst playing in your house! does it seriously get better in the COD series.

Modern Warfare 2 also looks great

post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-03-09, 12:26 PM Thread Starter

Well we will just see what modern warfare two has in store.
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-03-09, 02:48 PM
The Traveler

Dirge Eterna's Flag is: USA

I think a lot of people just got hyped because they'd spent all their time mapping levels and coming up with MW classes, and suddenly it all got pulled out from under them. CoD4 was the same in every single game I played, frankly. WaW has freak chances and stupid things that still make me laugh. I am looking forward to MW2, but I think Bad Company is my favorite modern shooter, just because it oozes realism.

You'll forgive me, but you must be mistaken. I've met your makers, and they don't even know your name...

GIVING CHASE- ORDO HERETICUS FIC
(Updated Mar. 19)

Hat in the Ring

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode