Call of Duty: World at war - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-07-09, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiawujing View Post
Here's my personal grievance with CoD:WaW.

I'm trying to play through as a single-player on veteran difficulty.

The AI seems to be currently set to a fun mode. As of the moment I started on Vet, no other allied NPC has been targeted if I'm even slightly in view. I have only finished 3 levels in the span of about 6 hours of play-time, and died approx. 100 times.

I've got to the first Russian level where I have to take out the sniper in the opposing building. This is the point where I've thrown my controller through the TV, and screamed at the top of my lungs for my XBOX to do something horrid and blatantly sexual to its mother repeatedly (I'm looking at you Bill Gates). It is not physically possible to accomplish the task with a single-person for that level. The AI is at a superhuman level of accomplishment. He is currently able to spin across a window from cover to cover, take a shot mid-spin, and headshot me as I'm ducking behind cover. And that shot goes through 2 pieces of cover.

Don't believe me, try it for yourself.
I know what you mean. That russian level has a bit on a walkway thing were you just get uber grenade spam whilt your being shot at by more germans than you can shake a sausage at. Oh and dogs are also trying to eat you.

Wait till u get onto the next Jap level, its a pain all the way through and then just as the end of this nightmare is in sight...your treated to possibly the hardest part of anything ever! muchos deados.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-07-09, 11:49 AM

hells_fury's Flag is: Australia

oh yeah, i forgot to mention ive beaten campaign on vetran (took forever, trust me) and i have all the death cards

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

if your bored my MSN is hells_fury@live.com, add me and ill talk with anyone :p

post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-08-09, 12:40 AM

xiawujing's Flag is: USA

Yeah, I'm currently at the part of the Russian level, where I've sniped the flamethrower germans down below, and I'm trying to get to the next vantage point, but there's that bit I have to cross with all the boxes and things. The Germans come pouring out the door, and Reznov runs forward a ways to get to a "better firing position" I guess. The Germans completely ignore him in front, and run past him to full auto me at point blank range right in the face with mp40s.

fffffFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUU-

Been gone for a while, but Alpharius commands my return
post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-08-09, 03:35 AM
The Traveler

Dirge Eterna's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Galus View Post
Is he serious?
I am. Bad Company is much more realistic then Call of Duty has ever been. Destructible environments, realistic bullet-penetration (not all cover is made equal), VEHICLES, air units, artillery, modern settings (Every place in Modern Warfare looks like it's from the Cold War, frankly). And the storyline is much more realistic. The soldiers in Bad Company actually have conversations that have nothing to do with fighting. It makes me think the Modern Warfare people basically thought soldiers jump out of bed in the morning screaming commands and shooting. Modern Warfare is the generic FPS that everyone on Xbox jumped on because it's easy. Bad Company actually requires more then aiming and having a better weapon then the other guy.

You'll forgive me, but you must be mistaken. I've met your makers, and they don't even know your name...

GIVING CHASE- ORDO HERETICUS FIC
(Updated Mar. 19)

Hat in the Ring
post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-14-09, 10:01 AM

ok, im not whining but is the PPSH over powered, now im not saying this cause people are beating me with it but when i use it i am nearly invincible, in 7 mins i got 50 kills to 5 deaths, all my deaths were from when i charged more then 2 people. given me to the end of the match id have over 100 kills with ease and jack all deaths.

why does it seem OP, well it has jack all recoil making it easy to use at range and with its rate of fire you click and whatever your looking at is dead. meanwhile the bolt actions only kill in one shot 50% off the time and have lame rate of fire

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-14-09, 11:22 AM

i can't wait until i get that gun!

post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-15-09, 04:07 AM
Banned

I see COD4 is a step back for the series, definetly not as fun as COD3!
post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-15-09, 05:22 PM

COD 4 as a step back? Wait... what?

This here's the COD 5 thread...

post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-16-09, 08:59 AM

Strange Dude's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by hells_fury View Post
ok, im not whining but is the PPSH over powered, now im not saying this cause people are beating me with it but when i use it i am nearly invincible, in 7 mins i got 50 kills to 5 deaths, all my deaths were from when i charged more then 2 people. given me to the end of the match id have over 100 kills with ease and jack all deaths.

why does it seem OP, well it has jack all recoil making it easy to use at range and with its rate of fire you click and whatever your looking at is dead. meanwhile the bolt actions only kill in one shot 50% off the time and have lame rate of fire
and here is my biggest gripe about the game all the smg's and mg are far too accurate even on full auto. I like my bolt action rifles with iron sights but with the 50% kill ratio and uber accuracy of full auto guns it makes it almost impossible to use them effectivly.
post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-16-09, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Dude View Post
and here is my biggest gripe about the game all the smg's and mg are far too accurate even on full auto. I like my bolt action rifles with iron sights but with the 50% kill ratio and uber accuracy of full auto guns it makes it almost impossible to use them effectivly.
the other subs arnt so bad, they all have recoil, its the PPSH that seems OP. as for the bolt actions they need more damage so the yare a one shot kill, so many times ive gone round a corner seen an enemy and shot them to have them live and then kill me. it annoys me cause i know im fucked when that happens and theres nothing i can do

a warning on a crossbow

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode