ranting time - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-21-09, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

hells_fury's Flag is: Australia

ranting time

ok, this is for the gamers to rant about something stupid thats been in a game.

for me i played cod 5 for about 5 hours yesterday and i cant believe the crap that happened. started of some guy was using an aim bot. right, everyone bitched and he got kicked. but then some other guy claimed to be a developer of cod 5 and aim bots are ok, they help you to finish challenges. i was sitting there thinking WTF??? whats the point of punk buster if its ok to hack. i told him to stfu and stop making up crap.

played a bit longer then another hacker, it was head quaters and id died defending the hq so i spectated and seen our last member masskilla was lying down sniping when an enemy ran up and knifed him and missed i thought. so the enemy started shooting him and another 3 more enemies started shooting him. the bullets were hitting and blood splattered everywhere but he wasnt dying. of course evryone started abusing him when some other player named joe claimed it was a glitch. we said if its a glitch disconnect then reconnect and thatll fix it but did he, nope, kept one playing so we all sat there abusing him for ruining the game (no admin people to kick him ) anyways the joe guy started to claim he was a developer off cod 5 as well and hed kick us and wipe our profiles and shit if we kept abusing masskilla since it wasnt his fault for the glitch. well no one got kicked surprise surprise.

yeah, that game was ruined, that joe guy was a proper wank, all he did was swear at us and that, not great customers relations if he was a developer, shortly later we got the "oh matrydom is for n00bs and you should be kicked people" heres a list off what you arnt alowed according to them

matrydom - no skill needed for a kill, we told them if they are too stupid to lob a nade away then they deserve to die
last stand - apparently no skill as well, they gave no reason
n00b tubes - people that use them abuse them, i agree but its a part off the game so meh
bolt action rifles - if you have skill they are too unfair on the other players in normal mode cause they are one shot kill. that was aimed at me hehehehehehe
tanks - to over powered cause they are hard to kill, load of crap, easiest thing to kill in the game
M1 garand - missed why but they bitched about that too

i sat there and thought, WTF, they are a part off the game so get over it, i dont like the n00b tubes cause you get the wanks that abuse it but hey, they only get about 3 kills before dying max since they suck with the rifle they use.

thats it for now, i had a fun day cept for those few little bitches

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

if your bored my MSN is hells_fury@live.com, add me and ill talk with anyone :p

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-22-09, 02:56 AM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Just one thing. There is no possible way to abuse the 'nade launcher. It's just not possible. It's no more 'abusing' than shooting at an enemy as opposed to running up and meleeing the opposition. It's just bad sportsmanship to complain about a perfectly valid tactic.

Actually, that's the one thing that really riles me. When people complain about a perfectly valid way of doing things because they get beaten by it because, quite simply, they're too stupid to adapt. Someone always hiding at a good sniping spot? Go round or get them first. Grenade launcher? Use one to kill them. SMG 'spamming'? Snipe.

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-22-09, 03:06 AM
The Traveler

Dirge Eterna's Flag is: USA

I really want to play that game, just for the Soviet campaign. I played CoD4 like it was my bread and butter and I came up with one reason why people whine:

The fact that the other guy is lucky, or better at the game.

People whined when they couldn't kill me, because I habitually went prone or jumped when I got into a gunfight, throwing accuracy. I also did not use Last Stand, Juggernaut, or Martyrdom, because in my eyes they're not a very honorable way of getting a kill, since you're not doing anything (Well, Last Stand is exempt, but the half-second you're invulnerable but able to shoot while falling is pretty bogus on Infinity Ward's side). I just think people on Xbox LIVE (Or computer, PS Home, etc.) are 90% whiners, who can't seem to grip the solid fact they might not be a god at this game. I play Halo and hear it all the time.

"Waaaah! Why didn't he DIE! I hit him!"

Uh, no. I jumped, you hit air, and I ninja'd you. (Ninja-ing is the art of jumping, turning, and hitting an opponent in the back, causing a one-hit kill).

People need to get over themselves.
-Dirge

You'll forgive me, but you must be mistaken. I've met your makers, and they don't even know your name...

GIVING CHASE- ORDO HERETICUS FIC
(Updated Mar. 19)

Hat in the Ring
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-22-09, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

hells_fury's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
Just one thing. There is no possible way to abuse the 'nade launcher. It's just not possible. It's no more 'abusing' than shooting at an enemy as opposed to running up and meleeing the opposition. It's just bad sportsmanship to complain about a perfectly valid tactic.
as in thats all they use, i appluad people for using them to deal with problems but people that just run around with them the entire time for 5 hours and never once shoot someone dead or knife them cause they suck to much it gets old and just annoying.

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

if your bored my MSN is hells_fury@live.com, add me and ill talk with anyone :p

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-22-09, 11:49 AM

xiawujing's Flag is: USA

COD 5 huh? Oh right, Treyarch's attempt at making a direct copy of nearly all of the programming of COD 4 (things that Infinity Ward actually put real time and effort into) and saying they made a worthwhile addition to the COD series.

Here's MY rant. I bought this game because I heard it was pretty good, and that it had gotten a $10 drop in price, which put it within my budget. I went out purchased it, and beat the single player in less than 4 hours. I had 2 parts that I actually enjoyed in that time. #1 the first flamethrower level, and #2 Nazi Zombies. Other than that it was a complete waste of my time. The single-player jumped around everywhere and had characters pop in without introduction. It didn't mesh like COD 4 did at all. And that's why I started to play the COD series as of the 4th game. For the fact that it was a good plot.

Then I realize, well... maybe the multiplayer won't be so bad. Especially if its a near direct copy because I love playing COD 4 multiplayer. Turns out I was wrong. Granted, I have been having connection troubles with my internet recently, but this thing refused to let me even 5 seconds of game without RIDICULOUS lag times. Constantly booted off servers even though I had, in general, a 2 bar connection. AND I found the leveling system was back for another round. AAAAAND I didn't even start with a full selection of pre-made classes. Just 2, and I had to earn another 3, and some time after that be able to make my own (the last bit I expected however thanks to the similar setup in COD4).

In short, this game has made me rage more than anything else in the past 4 years. I am honestly pissed at it to no end, and would like to punch every single Q@!O%$()(!)(&ing person who worked on this game, other than those who brought me Nazi Zombies (THE ONLY GENUINELY FUN BIT OF THE GAME!). I won't punch them... just glare at them menacingly.

There's my input. Take it or leave it. Just realize, hells_fury, that you should feel lucky you're able to enjoy anything out of this game at any time!
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-22-09, 03:38 PM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by hells_fury View Post
as in thats all they use, i appluad people for using them to deal with problems but people that just run around with them the entire time for 5 hours and never once shoot someone dead or knife them cause they suck to much it gets old and just annoying.
Just think of all the kills they're potentially giving you.
There is no ammo pickup for it, as far as I'm aware, meaning that if that's their strategy, once these few shots go, they have to die to carry on with their strategy.

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-22-09, 07:25 PM

when in doubt, shoot!'s Flag is: Scotland

It's still gonna get you a 2:1 kill death ratio though, which I suppose is semi decent.

Back to business!
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-22-09, 10:20 PM

chrisman 007's Flag is: Christmas Islands

Location: The People's Glorius Republic of the Chrisman Union. Also known as my bedroom.

It's whiners a hate. You may not be the God of Gaming, but no one is. Yesterday, I did terrible in COD4, with 7 kills to 30 deaths (yeah, I'm a n00b). But do you here me whining? No! Like it or not, shouting down the mic at the camper will not kill him. So quit your bitching and just play!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
Buy a beartrap. How will it help in retrospect? Use your imagination. I'm sure you can think of something.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-22-09, 11:37 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

this is why I'm in no hurry to get online, whiny assholes that call everything a stupid retarded nickname and have nothing better to do but cheat and whine like 2yr olds at perfectly acceptable forms of combat (standing back with a sniper rifle defending your base or a good shooting corridor sounds like a very solid idea to me, but to players its unacceptable)

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-22-09, 11:39 PM
Pally-HO!!!!

Captain Galus's Flag is: USA

I pisses me off how everyone is always whining about the grenade launchers. They only have two shots, and they're hard to aim at long range. It's no more of a noob tube than an M16 or the Skorpion.

Seriously I people find anything to whine about these days. If you want a balanced game, play chess.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode