going pro - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-04-09, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

hells_fury's Flag is: Australia

Default going pro

ok, i might sound full off myself and that but in call of duty world at war i do believe im pretty good and might be able to make it pro or at least join a high ranked clan.

i am good with the spam weapons cause they are easy to use but my real skill is the snipers, i have had people try and get me kicked/banned from servers cause im camping so much (im too good a sniper) some off my best results was a 16 kills to 1 death. i was third best on the team for points and we won. also i tend to always have a positive Kill:Death ratio (i think about 90% or more off the time)

essentially i do believe im good but im not sure how'd i go against the pros so if anybody here knows, whats the best way to start off, is it get into a fairly high ranked clan (im sure they would love a sniper like me) or start in a low one and bring them up or what. as it gos i have little idea what to do about this. thanks for the help

edit: would videos of my gameplay and that help, if so could you recommend a good program i have fraps but for some queer reason it lags my machine up when i record, dont ask me why.

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

if your bored my MSN is hells_fury@live.com, add me and ill talk with anyone :p

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-04-09, 11:29 PM

Going pro in a shooter is basically like being in an MMORPG. you have to give up everything for it. I personally wouldn't recommend it, was in a lan group of the top 5 players in the entire college nd it's not a good thing. too much pressure. Also being a great sniper and good at everything else doesn't cut it I'm afraid. You have to be great at everything to be in an online clan....

But you're looking for hlp so I'll give it instead of trying to put you off. Google some clans in your country or timezone and check them out through that. Soem give trials where you take on others and the like. Best bet is the same timezone because then ye're usually playing the same time instead of halfway into the night playing some well rested people.

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-04-09, 11:59 PM

JokerGod's Flag is: Italy

You will never be "pro" sorry but there is no other way to say it.

You stated your self your good at spam guns (Spray and pray) and camping with a sniper, if you want to go pro you have to be good at moving in and taking the win for your self, not siting around and waiting for your team to do it for you.

Also a 16-1 ratio is not that great for a game.

Eyes with out life.
Maggot ridden corpses.
Mountains of skulls.
These are some of my favorite things.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-05-09, 06:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerGod View Post
You stated your self your good at spam guns (Spray and pray) and camping with a sniper, if you want to go pro you have to be good at moving in and taking the win for your self, not siting around and waiting for your team to do it for you.
idk, a lot of games weve won from my cover fire, pretty much my teammates go and get the objective while i take up a good position and cover them, depending on the lag is how good i do although i tend to be playing with a ping off 300 against people with a ping of 100 and easily sniping them.

anyways, my plan is to give it a shot (lol, fail pun) and see how i go, i enjoy going competitive, ask the poor kids that try and verse them, no matter how much i try and restrain myself from beating them to badly if they start hurting me i go all out and go back to being competitive.

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-05-09, 06:43 AM

The only pros that are accepted and seen as godly figures are people playing starcraft.

that was close to a racist comment. Don't do it again.

Last edited by Lord Reevan; 03-05-09 at 08:09 AM.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-05-09, 08:12 AM

I got into the "super group" by being able to beat an entire level on my own against at least 5 other guys. being pro requires you to do even more than that. one skill will not get you into a pro level. Sniping with a pistol might but you need to be great at everything

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-05-09, 08:38 AM

SpaNNerZ's Flag is: Australia

WOO CoD. I havnt played for a while.

As Lord Reevan said going pro isnt a great idea, joining a good clan would be a good idea, I have mates in a few clans, and they all have lots of fun, and their pretty darn good at it too. Although they hate me, Im a noob, albeit an unpredictable one, I run around with a shotgun and turn up at the most innappropriate of times or positions, and get cheap kills.
Also one thing I learnt from my mates is if you are a "great" sniper, generally they get shut down by C4, if you keep taking the same spot/s anyone with a bit of nouse (even myself has caught on to this trend) will consistently plant C4 at these locations, I know as whenever I play, which isnt all that often anymore, some of my better mates whom would normally be snipers, would change if they were playing with us cause they know we know kinda thing.

peace out

On the internet, the men are men, the women are men and the children are FBI agents.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-05-09, 09:00 AM
Slaanesh's Plaything

Talos's Flag is: United Kingdom

How good are you at COD 4 as most of the Pro clan play that as it needs more skill ?
Also one of my friends is pretty pro well it did join a pro clan you know playing for money but quit after 2 months as he said it sucked the fun out of the game. None of the people with him camp you always moving. I dont think any used sniper in his clan unless with overkill (get 2 primary weapons) so they could carry on moving.
The way he got selected was though a number of forums and playing alot of cage matchs against pro till he beat them.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-05-09, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

actually, cod 4 i seem to suck at that, i dont know why, prob cause i dont play it as i have waw :p owells, ima try for a clan and see how that goes, hmmm, i might go a n00bish clan, try and get them up for lols and see how it goes.

spannerz, thats my tactics with the subs, i was really hated, not cause i was in the worst spot possible, but i managed to camp there cause the server was full of n00bs who didnt believe in using grenades against problems that cant be shot (i was hypo, up down, left, left, up, right) good times, i still play that server now cause people with skill came on, i learned the hard way lol.

hmmm, random question, what do you guys think about the people that bitch about the campers, i get annoyed by them when they complain that camping is as bad as hacking and i ask why. they never answer and that but keep bitching. for me a camper is probably the easiest person to kill for the fact that you know where they are but so many people never do that, they just ignore the camper and then complain about them.

a warning on a crossbow

post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-05-09, 10:08 PM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Reevan View Post
Going pro in a shooter is basically like being in an MMORPG. you have to give up everything for it. I personally wouldn't recommend it, was in a lan group of the top 5 players in the entire college nd it's not a good thing. too much pressure. Also being a great sniper and good at everything else doesn't cut it I'm afraid. You have to be great at everything to be in an online clan....

But you're looking for hlp so I'll give it instead of trying to put you off. Google some clans in your country or timezone and check them out through that. Soem give trials where you take on others and the like. Best bet is the same timezone because then ye're usually playing the same time instead of halfway into the night playing some well rested people.
This, pretty much. While it might seem a good idea, clans are one thing and truly can be fun. However, playing games professionally WILL cease to be fun after about 20 minutes. You won't be playing as a game, you'll be playing to make a living which means you have to give everything up to be good all the time.
If you're really 'lucky', you'll get a sponsorship, but then the entire gaming community will spit on you for being a prick with your name attached to overpriced keyboards with your name airbrushed into a small corner.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode