going pro - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-06-09, 12:58 AM

Quote:
what do you guys think about the people that bitch about the campers
There are crap campers which are easy kills and then there's good campers who basically hide in a place where there's only one way in and out and keep their sights locked on that one entry. Very hard to get them unless you sacrifice soemone to find where they are or you know them by now. basically places like a load of boxes besie a wall with more boxes to protect from behind and he's just waiting there looking. Everyone who walks past gets shot. it's the least skill used to play a FPS.

When I started playing CSS in college I was crap but I kept runnign around the place, never camping.Now I'm one of the best in the entire computing department, which are better than the rest of the college. The campers are decent shots but when they move around they suck big time.... it's just a bad way of gaming and it's cheese......

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-06-09, 04:55 AM Thread Starter

hells_fury's Flag is: Australia

well play cod, i am yet to see a spot that only has one entry point. to me camping is what you do with your sniper, off course a camping sniper moving around is going to suck, usually all they have is pistol or a bolt action.

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

if your bored my MSN is hells_fury@live.com, add me and ill talk with anyone :p

post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-06-09, 02:03 PM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Snipers who can balance camping scope-action and using their sidearm are bastards in any game, and all the more power to 'em!
The Team Fortress 2 sniper is perfect for this. While his SMG is inaccurate and comparatively weak, it's easily enough to take someone out if you're rushing a place to claim your spot.

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-08-09, 01:43 AM

A camper doesn't make a sniper though. One of the guys in my group runs around and jumps all over the place and uses the sniper rifle in simialr ranges to SMGs but use it's high power to full effectiveness instead of it's range.....

basically people have problems with campewrs from other games ( like in CSS I mentioned earlier) And keep bringing that up even though the game they're playing doesn't have that problem.... people being pissy for no reason basically....

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-08-09, 06:58 AM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Reevan View Post
A camper doesn't make a sniper though. One of the guys in my group runs around and jumps all over the place and uses the sniper rifle in simialr ranges to SMGs but use it's high power to full effectiveness instead of it's range.....

basically people have problems with campewrs from other games ( like in CSS I mentioned earlier) And keep bringing that up even though the game they're playing doesn't have that problem.... people being pissy for no reason basically....
I really don't see why people have a problem with it, though.
It's a legitimate strategy and it gets the job done. The problem is that people are too lazy to take a couple of moments to diverge from their elaborate pre-planned routes in games to avoid or oursmart a camper.

post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-08-09, 07:22 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
I really don't see why people have a problem with it, though.
It's a legitimate strategy and it gets the job done. The problem is that people are too lazy to take a couple of moments to diverge from their elaborate pre-planned routes in games to avoid or oursmart a camper.
finally, someone that sees it my way, when i find a camper i hurl explosives and fash bangs and what not at them to kill them if that fails meh, they can live im not dying for nothing.

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-08-09, 08:33 PM

it's just a really bpring way to play a game and playing against someone is boring too. Why should you do all the running around and let that guy sit there the whole time. It gets annoying. A sniper who does it from a good range who actually uses skill is good but someone with spam weapons waiting behind a corner the entire game is crap....

post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-19-09, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

hmm, quick question, does anyone know where to find a list of clans and their ranking in cod 5 on PC i tried google and it fails hard as

a warning on a crossbow

post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-19-09, 06:32 PM

Maybe the official website? OR try looking up forums for shooters and PC games etc. they're bound to have something

post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-20-09, 01:51 PM

aM | Gunslinger's Flag is: Wales

instead of trying to put u down i will say that ur best bet is to join a medium ish clan and work your way up keep playing games and try ur best to keep winning! im in a clan on CoD 4 and let me tell u its not an easy thing to do (keep winning) the people you play against in clan matches will be ALOT better than the people you play against in-game trust me... i can get an easy 30-5 kill/death ratio in-game but its a completly different game when your in a clan match. there is alot more pressure not to fuck up, its unbelievable... when ur in a game and there is u left against one of them and its the decider fuck u shit urself... but i love competitive playing and definatly reccomend a clan!!!

I have a rendezvous with death, At some disputed barricade, it may be that he shall take my hand, and lead me into his dark land, and close my eyes and quench my breath, I have a rendezvous with death, and i to my pledged word am true, i shall not fail that rendezvous...

Quote:
I won't remove the thread. This is an example of how Heresy members should not act toward other forum members, and seriously, don't pull the free speech bullshit. You're free to say what I allow you to say.
- jezlad

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode