Guild wars - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-24-07, 12:40 AM

Anphicar's Flag is: USA

Arright.

When do you usually play?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-24-07, 01:44 AM

Since I just got Nightfall, expect me to be playing quite a lot. I go by EST, so you'll find me on between 3pm and 2am most days.

post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-24-07, 07:42 PM

I'm level...9 i think. Or was it 7? I can't remember.

But i'm Anph Ihkar, Ranger-Necro.

post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-26-07, 02:01 AM

I used to play often but for some reason I stopped. This was before any of the expansions came out. I left around level 18 and 1/2 and was a Warrior/Ranger, whos pet somehow disappeared and I didn't ever figure out how to get it back.

Anyway, I was thinking about getting one or a few of the expansions soon so that I can hopefully getback into the game. If anyone has any of them and would like to sort of sum them up or give your personal opinion of them that would be great.

My Armies:
40k: Space Wolves and Orks
Fantasy: Lizardmen and Beastmen
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-26-07, 06:43 PM

I haven't played a lot of Factions, but from what I've heard it's good, but not great. It's heavily shifted towards the PvP side of things, introducing Alliance battles vying for physical game territory. The outcomes of the AvA battles between the two factions (the Luxons and the Kurzicks) effect the game map. Pretty cool.

Nightfall, so far, is really damn good. The advent of the hero system is certainly a perk. They're essentially henchmen that you can equip their items and skills and change their attributes and such. You can order them around as well. Very, very good for soloing. On the otherside of things, the campaign is incredibly long, weighing in at 20 new missions over a game map that rivals the size of Prophecies. Almost. As well, the it's got an insane level of difficulty at times. Certainly welcomed.

They've also been doing a lot of tweaking of stuff and prettying up the interface and just changing stuff for the better. It's a completely different game than I used to play a year ago.

If anyone's interested, I started a guild with this guy a couple days ago. We're looking for a bunch of people and plan on doing a lot of GvG and eventually take on the Hall of Heroes.

Catch me in game if you're interested in the guild or just want to go kill shit.

Antioch Kinstar (R/Mo20) beat the Prophecies campaign and has 70% of the map explored, so if you need a run anywhere, I can do it. Hell, I've even ran Drok's successfully a couple times.

Somerset Lopez (D/E 10) is my current Nightfall character. He just runs up and does area damage. Excellent at crowd control, terrible at bosses.

post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-27-07, 12:25 AM

Me, Antioch and Blood should get together and play some nightfall.

post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-27-07, 02:53 AM

Most definitely. I'm down for whatever.

post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-27-07, 04:02 AM

Ya, I think I might have to pick up Nightfall. It sounds good and even the other expansions sound good too. I will check them out and if I get them it will probably be tomorrow since I gotta go out anyway. I am up for anytime, even tomorrow night if you guys want.

I think my old character's name was Master Mercenary, but if I got Nightfall I would probably make a new character anyway. I will keep in touch with you two in this topic and let you know if I am getting Nightfall and/or the other expansions. I think I am though.

My Armies:
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-27-07, 10:58 PM

Alright, well I got Nightfall today so i have the original and Nightfall. I started a new dervish character named Giran Nola and he is level 3 in the Nightfall campaign. I decided to take a little break but anyway, I hope we all can play together. I won't be playing a ton though, just when I can.

My Armies:
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-28-07, 04:47 PM

Sick deal. My D/E is level 15, almost 16, and is on the last Istani mission.

Kourna, here I come. Eventually I'll get him over to Tyria and my Ranger over into Elona.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode