Dawn of War - Soulstorm update - Page 6 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 106 (permalink) Old 12-12-07, 10:21 PM

Hey All,

I challenge anyone NOT to be inspired by Giger's Alien...a groundbreaking film & characters...

Agree Tolkein was first...all the elements of origins..

Quote:
Space Marines: Stormies from star wars
I'll disagree there, when I was a kid we all wanted to be Imperial Stormtrooper's...but then Lucas decided to make them the butt of every intergalactic henchmans joke with the poor showing in "Return...", seriously beaten by Ewok's sheesh!

Could you really see the Ultramarines or Black Templar's being beaten by little teddy bears?! Actually Id like to see planetfall as the Luna Wolves first stumble across Endor...ahhh the fur fly's...little bastards...

In all seriousness, I would support the idea of a forum based room...when I eventually get some time to play rather than Mod...you would think that all the mod-testing I would be quite a handy DOW player...ah well

Cheers,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 106 (permalink) Old 12-13-07, 12:26 AM

Pandawithissues...'s Flag is: England

Quote:
Could you really see the Ultramarines or Black Templar's being beaten by little teddy bears?!
Yes, yes i can...
Man, if they can take down stormies, who are much cooler than ultramarines and black templars, the sky's the limit for those pesky ewoks.

Death magnetic: 5 slabs of vinyl: Pure spinning ecstasy.
post #53 of 106 (permalink) Old 12-13-07, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandawithissues... View Post
Back to dawn of war though, it would be really awesome if we had a special server/room etc. What would also be quality is if people used their heresy handles and painted their on screen armies the same as their table top ones
I made my Chaos looking the way they are from my DoW guys

and a room/forum thingy for Heresy members only would be great, i've had enough of people shouting all kinds of things at people because they were slow or didn't help, IT'S a GAME PEOPLE! HAVE FUN! NOT KILL EACH OTHER OVER IT!

i would also like to say this to people on CoD 4, it is amazing how many grenades can be thrown in a short space of time..... hurts too

"Traitor? Is it Traitors who herald the Future? No, delueded Brother, The Midnight Fangs are not Traitors, we are your Saviours!" Chapter Master Harsu Kartan, Midnight Fangs Chapter.

"We shall tarnish the Ultramarines name, we shall be mistaken for our foolish Brothers. Let the people mistake us now, after the Ultramarines investigate, we shall be recognised for our worth!" 1st Company Captain, Zathos Orberan, Midnight Fangs.

"Only with your death, can Chaos illuminate you, my deluded Brother. And I shall aid you to illunmination!" Assault Captain Zenthus, 3rd Company.

"SIR! Necrons Monoliths incoming! Wait, nope, all fine, they crashed on the Dreads and Preds" Ryalon after Necrons Monoliths dropped by.
post #54 of 106 (permalink) Old 12-14-07, 11:14 AM

Heheheee...

Quote:
Yes, yes i can...
Man, if they can take down stormies, who are much cooler than ultramarines and black templars, the sky's the limit for those pesky ewoks.
Ok, so are you saying (in jest of course) that the Star Wars Stromtroopers could take the Ultrasmurfs or the Templar's?!

And then on top of that the Ewok's could do them both?!!!

Man, I am modding the wrong race...should have worked on a WH40K Ewok mod heheheheee

CoD4 or BF2???

I am a big BF2 player, but have heard some disturbing stuff about the online multiplayer CoD4...

Cheers,

post #55 of 106 (permalink) Old 12-21-07, 02:39 AM

Fantasy is ripped off of Tolkien, sure, but Tolkien pretty much lifted all his stuff from Norse myths right down to names. The idea of rings of power wasn't his by any means.

post #56 of 106 (permalink) Old 12-21-07, 04:44 AM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

That and his characters are rather 1 dimensionial (with the exception of Golum) and he can't really write that well. - Just my opinion.
post #57 of 106 (permalink) Old 12-21-07, 07:39 AM

Pandawithissues...'s Flag is: England

Quote:
he can't really write that well
Totally agree. He might have been the father of modern fantasy, but there are dozens who have done it faaaaar better.

Gemmell, Feist, George R.R. Martin, Hobb, Mieville, the list goes on and on.

PS, the lord of the rings trillogy is sooo self indulgent, and could have used some seriously ruthless editing in my opinion. Hobbit was much better.

Death magnetic: 5 slabs of vinyl: Pure spinning ecstasy.
post #58 of 106 (permalink) Old 12-21-07, 07:44 AM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Another Gemmel and Hobb fan aye You may like this thread then

Favourite Literature
post #59 of 106 (permalink) Old 12-22-07, 03:19 AM
The Traveler

Dirge Eterna's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandawithissues... View Post
Yes, yes i can...

I would love to see teddy bears with sticks and rocks try and break open Power Armor. Unless you're the "I don't need a helmet" sergeant, then you're impenetrable. Eat Lead, midget Wookies!

-Dirge

You'll forgive me, but you must be mistaken. I've met your makers, and they don't even know your name...

GIVING CHASE- ORDO HERETICUS FIC
(Updated Mar. 19)

Hat in the Ring
post #60 of 106 (permalink) Old 01-13-08, 09:23 AM

http://games.internode.on.net/fileli...edetails=14523

According to the demo (DE only), the flyer units are:
# the Maurader Bomber for the Imps
# Landspeeder Tempest for SM
# Fighta Bomma for the greenskins
# the Tau Barracuda
# the Chaos Hell Talon
# the Nightwing for Eldar
# the Raven for DE

Looks like some Forge World goodness made it into the game. (:

Last edited by Fluff'Ead; 01-13-08 at 05:08 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode