Dawn of War - Soulstorm update - Page 10 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 106 (permalink) Old 03-11-08, 11:06 PM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

Going to get it tomorrow, i can only seem to play tau any good in dark crusade, wonder if sister of battles is any good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 106 (permalink) Old 03-12-08, 12:15 AM

Sisters of Battle are pretty cool, but since I haven't used them in multiplayer yet, I don't know if they're any good competitively. The only armies I've considered really good competitive armies before soulstorm are space marines, chaos (only in winter assault), and tau; Sisters of Battle don't appear to have any major advantages over other races like those do (ex. the tau have massive range, powerful guns, and invisible jump troops/transports)

Sig made by Tau Chaotix
post #93 of 106 (permalink) Old 03-12-08, 02:16 PM

Do i have to install the other games or can i just put the keys in, i really don't want to use up more memory, already got Eve online, WoW, City of heroes on lol.
post #94 of 106 (permalink) Old 03-12-08, 09:29 PM

First of all, you have a serious addiction to MMO games. Second, answering your question, you just have to install soulstorm. After it's installed and you get to the titlescreen (you know, the screen where it lets you click on campaign, skirmish, multiplayer, etc.) it will ask you for the cd keys from the older games.

Sig made by Tau Chaotix
post #95 of 106 (permalink) Old 03-13-08, 12:09 AM

I do have an addiction to mmos i had to cancel my subscription to Lord of the rings online cause i couldn't afford them all and i'm waiting for Warhammer age of reckoning

Went to buy SS and it was sold out, have to go all the way into the city centre to get it sometime
post #96 of 106 (permalink) Old 03-13-08, 12:18 AM

Al Capeone's Flag is: El Salvador

it is going to be a kickass game for sure for the continueation of dark crusade

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU LOOKING :fuck:
post #97 of 106 (permalink) Old 03-13-08, 04:29 PM

Not got the game yet, but heard anothing but bad things about SS
post #98 of 106 (permalink) Old 03-13-08, 04:43 PM
angels of fire's Flag is: Great Britain

The sisters kick ass, but the DE kinda suck they didn't do much of an update for the other armies and the flyers aren't that good. IMO they shouldn't have done the flyers and DE and instead concentrated on the other races a lot more.

The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie. - Portal, great game.
My night goblin log. Visit it, post on it.
post #99 of 106 (permalink) Old 03-13-08, 05:17 PM

Disease's Flag is: USA

Im not that good with the SoB. I LOVE the Dark Eldar :D. But I still have to say that Space Marines are still my favorite race.

yea, this'is my sig. wanna fight about it?

Last edited by Disease; 03-13-08 at 05:20 PM.
post #100 of 106 (permalink) Old 03-13-08, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angels of fire View Post
The sisters kick ass, but the DE kinda suck they didn't do much of an update for the other armies and the flyers aren't that good. IMO they shouldn't have done the flyers and DE and instead concentrated on the other races a lot more.
What are you talking about? I personally kick ass with Dark Eldar. Sisters of Battle are simply a cross between IG and marines, combining the strength of guardsmen with the cost and special weapons of marines (so they're not that powerful). Also, when I play Dark Eldar even losing is fun because there's just something satisfying about seeing tons of souls on the ground from both your troops and your opponent's troops . Land speeder tempests are awesome and the IG flyers seemed devastating in the IG HQ mission (although I haven't actually used them myself). I can't believe you would even suggest not having Dark Eldar in soulstorm, I think they turned out better than any other race there is could (ex. tyranids or daemonhunters). What do you mean by concentrating on the races? I mean, what could they possibly add? Wraithguard? they're basically slow warp spiders. Chaos terminators? Almost the same as obliterators and they would make chaos too similar to normal marines. Marine bikes? they would be pretty useless, especially compared to flyers. There are no units that can be added to the game that would add anything new to a race or keep the game balanced. If you want more units, download a mod.

Sig made by Tau Chaotix

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode