Is Dawn Of War 2 Any Good? - Page 7 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

View Poll Results: What do you think of dawn of war 2?
Its Great , better than the original. 32 51.61%
don't like it , original is better. 8 12.90%
they are both about the same. 7 11.29%
Never played it. 15 24.19%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-06-09, 09:22 PM

Da Red Paintjob Grot's Flag is: United Kingdom

Location: The Mystical workshop of the Red paintjob grot. (My room.)

My personal Opinion is that it is one of the best games i have ever played. It just rocks. W00t first post in about a year!

Many thanks to www.clockworkscomic.com for the Avatar!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-10-09, 04:03 PM

Cabagepatch's Flag is: USA

Yah okay i want to take my vote back and repost... the game was a waist of my $ (given im in college and therefore broke)... The game wasn't worth it. I could have baught Warhammer Online ... or a pack of genestealers or something.... ~basically the first night i loved it, and was addicted to it until i played it the second day then i saw the repitition...

While you are completely free to go about from planet to planet, at any time, and attack/defend almost any zone from "the vial xenos"; the levels were mostly the same. They required basically the same tactics (espicially when facing the "different" bosses)... and in-game missions were not time based.. so while they advertised mission consequences (sacrificing rescuable soldiers for weapons (securing an objective)) nothing ever stopped you from doing both...

and the game was linear....

and it takes absolutely ****in forever to find a ranked multiplayer game... (and then they usually get scratched cause people are dropping due to Windows Vista or firewalls or whatever the **** they blame it on)...

Im just pissed cause when it was in beta it worked and looked a billion times better than it does now...
post #63 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-10-09, 05:32 PM

bishop5's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabagepatch View Post
Im just pissed cause when it was in beta it worked and looked a billion times better than it does now...
Eh? It looks EXACTLY the same; if not a bit nicer with the full release...
Also, have to agree that it takes ages to find a MP match but it is great fun when you understand what you're supposed to be doing!

SP does get repetitive but the different loot drops keep it interesting.

Tactica: Infantry Platoons
Quote:
Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch.
Orson Welles
Forum Rules
post #64 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-29-09, 10:02 PM

vacantghost's Flag is: Taiwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talos View Post
I much prefer the first dow. The second one is nice but i find it to be a dumbed down version of COH. I feel its needs a bit more work on both the tactic side and the battlefield side (cratars, explosions etc) to get me to buy it. Whizzwang meganobz wont be in dow2 the units in the beta where all the units in the game unless they are only in sp. It would have have been much of a balance beta if they left out some of the units.
Also stella most people found DOW 1 to be a good game players and reviewers alike. So in the process of trying to get you to actually post something worthwhile in this thread. What dont you like about the dow games and in general want RTS do you like.

They did leave out units, the terminator squads for example.

Altruism is bullshit, and you know it.
post #65 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-29-09, 10:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Terminator squads are present in both dawn of war games vacantghost. The thing is that they are amongst the last units players can get in either game. In dawn of war two you actually can't beat the campaign without encountering a squad of terminators at least once.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode