Is Dawn Of War 2 Any Good? - Page 6 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

View Poll Results: What do you think of dawn of war 2?
Its Great , better than the original. 32 51.61%
don't like it , original is better. 8 12.90%
they are both about the same. 7 11.29%
Never played it. 15 24.19%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-27-09, 01:11 PM

Cabagepatch's Flag is: USA

So wait... even if you have no internet connection, u still have to have ****in steam running in the background right? ~****in huge resource hog!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-27-09, 08:25 PM

hells_fury's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
You would rather play a bugged game?
Three patches in a matter of days says one thing. Relic are listening to the players and are fixing problems as and when they're discovered, it'd seem.
actually id like to play the game, that'd be nice, i haven't played it in about 4 days. btw, i do believe there is nowhere on the internet to manually download the patch. i spent an hour last night surfing the internet and couldn't find the patch, relic, THQ, DOW2 official site, steam and windows live, they all tell you about the game but none have the patches.

my main annoyance is i can play the game whatsoever but because there is a new patch i cant play the game whatsoever. call of duty, I'll use as an example, new patch, i played campaign and even got into online matches against others with the same version as me. now in DOW2 new patch i cant do anything.

essentially i cant download the patch on my desktop because my parents see it as wasting internet and power. the stupid thing is i game online all the time but thats fine. so my whole problem atm is steam not letting me play campaign, there being no patches to manually download and my parents being fuck wits.

seemed kinda difficult to understand without the but.

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

if your bored my MSN is hells_fury@live.com, add me and ill talk with anyone :p

Last edited by Lord Reevan; 02-27-09 at 11:11 PM.
post #53 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-27-09, 09:08 PM

SoupyC's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabagepatch View Post
So wait... even if you have no internet connection, u still have to have ****in steam running in the background right? ~****in huge resource hog!
Steam uses less than 60MB worth of resources to do what it does. That's really not that much.

post #54 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-27-09, 09:10 PM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by hells_fury View Post
actually id like to play the game, that'd be nice, i haven't played it in about 4 days. btw, i do believe there is nowhere on the internet to manually download the patch. i spent an hour last night surfing the internet and couldn't find the patch, relic, THQ, DOW2 official site, steam and windows live, they all tell you about the game but none have the patches.

my main annoyance is i can play the game whatsoever because there is a new patch i cant play the game whatsoever. call of duty ill use as an example, new patch, i played campaign and even got into online matches against others with the same version as me. now in DOW2 new patch i cant do anything.

essentially i cant download the patch on my desktop because my parents see it as wasting internet and power. the stupid thing is i game online all the time but thats fine. so my whole problem atm is steam not letting me play campaign, there being no patches to manually download and my parents being fuck wits.
Download it while playing a single player game of something. What they don't see can't hurt them

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyC View Post
Steam uses less than 60MB worth of resources to do what it does. That's really not that much.
Cabbagepatch: If you're worried about the memory used by Steam, you probably shouldn't be trying to run DoW2

post #55 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-27-09, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
Download it while playing a single player game of something. What they don't see can't hurt them
thats the problem, i only have call of duty on my desktop, ive beaten SP that much that id rather eat my eyes then do it again. DOW2 was meant to be my SP game that i play.

edit : wait, zombie mode, hooray, a single player game to play now

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

Last edited by hells_fury; 02-27-09 at 09:29 PM.
post #56 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-02-09, 10:28 PM
Banned

I found that just buying it recently - I hate how they have now taken a step back and removed all the races so far in eg: The Dark Eldar - one of the main reasons I bought DOW1 was the DE came out (in the last expansion though - but none the less they came out). So loosing several races puts me off a bit - the maps for a multiplayer game seem rather small 6 player maps are really more like 4 player maps in the 1st game and playing online multiplayer -I just seem to get owned mind you I am still getting used to the game.
post #57 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-02-09, 11:54 PM
Pally-HO!!!!

Captain Galus's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizzwang View Post
since we can largely disregard anyhting Stella has to say when it comes to views as he only ever gets as far as "what do you think of...." and then can't restrain himself from saying "crap.. rubbish.. everything is lame" we can move on to the actual proper views of those who actually put thought into our posts.
RAWR!!!! Claws back in kitty!

I enjoy playing DoW because I don't consider it a 40k RTS; it's to 40k what Counterstrike is to real-life antiterrorist actions:
Complete and utter horse shit invented by fucking retards for younger fucking retards who jump around with A.K.A. 47's and bust fake caps in other young fucking retards' fake persons; lacking in all areas that could possibly make it fun and/or believable because every time you reload a gun, no matter how much ammunition is actually left in the gun, the idiot player character still racks the fucking slide, which in real life would eject a bullet, and thus, would simultaneously waste valuable ammunition and flag this idiot as the retard he really is to his squadmates.

Granted, very little of that actually applies to DoW. Actually, DoW is in no way like Counterstrike, in that DoW is actually fun. Rant over

post #58 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-04-09, 12:38 PM

bishop5's Flag is: United Kingdom

Been playing it constantly for a few days now and have to say i'm loving the campaign mode - pretty addictive trying to find the good lewts. And the Space Marines are HARD! I've killed thousands of enemies and lost about 10 guys so far. It's fucking manic.

Yet to try the multiplayer but if they've improved it from the beta then i'll definately be addicted to that, too.

Tactica: Infantry Platoons
Quote:
Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch.
Orson Welles
Forum Rules
post #59 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-04-09, 09:42 PM

gah, its fun but my addiction to cod5 took over, ive stopped playing DOW2 and prob wont play it till when theres no internet for cod5 :p

a warning on a crossbow

post #60 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-05-09, 05:52 PM

TrentLanthier's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot The Grot View Post
Ive heard a lot of people go on about DOW2 and its definately the game thats being talked about. However it has had mixed reviews and i'f sort of like to know how many people think its good

I think the game is fantastic, I find it has a very epic feel as Marines because you get so few, and a very horde feeling as orks.. (Mainly because your fightint so few marines)

The strategy is good and needed, if you want to win fast with little casualties, of course you can just sit there and take the abuse die, rez, use health packs, retreat call down reserves etc but where is the fun in that the campaign is fun, with many different ways to beat them depending on units you take

My biggest beef is that it doesn't have a campaign mode like DoW1 where you can play other races for conquest of the planets... I know you lose story with it but the replay is really good.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode