Problems with Steam - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-19-09, 10:28 PM
HIz

HIz's Flag is: USA

ea had there own system like steam it was useless. Im with the man above steam is and has been amazing. it has been consitently getting better and i thought it was awesome four years ago. Its like the xbox live system online 1000 times better. sure it has its problems, but that is because computers have tons of different hardware and software combinations to deal with as where xbox live has uniformness and thus a much easier time to get it working 100 percent of the time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-19-09, 10:36 PM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIz View Post
ea had there own system like steam it was useless. Im with the man above steam is and has been amazing. it has been consitently getting better and i thought it was awesome four years ago. Its like the xbox live system online 1000 times better. sure it has its problems, but that is because computers have tons of different hardware and software combinations to deal with as where xbox live has uniformness and thus a much easier time to get it working 100 percent of the time.
Too bad the 360 has a really shoddy build, though. I might take mine apart and put it in a water cooled PC case.

And yes, the EADM is pretty much useless. I mean, I'd much rather use one piece of software used by many studios that has very occasional faults than have 10 programs hammered out by 10 companies that fail hard.

post #23 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-19-09, 11:58 PM

Cabagepatch's Flag is: USA

had the same problem as hellz ... not good...
post #24 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-20-09, 06:20 AM Thread Starter

hells_fury's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Reevan View Post
Changed title as your problem isn't with THQ but steam
thanks for that, sigh, steam is the worst program ive ever seen, even vista doesnt rape you this much. btw, if you have the same prob as me, i cant really help atm, a friend did it for me, ill ask them tonight and put the info on here

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

if your bored my MSN is hells_fury@live.com, add me and ill talk with anyone :p

post #25 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-20-09, 01:36 PM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by hells_fury View Post
thanks for that, sigh, steam is the worst program ive ever seen, even vista doesnt rape you this much. btw, if you have the same prob as me, i cant really help atm, a friend did it for me, ill ask them tonight and put the info on here
Again, there's no need to throw the title of 'worst program ever' at it. You're in a minority of people who seem to be having massive problems. If it's good enough for
  • 2K Games
  • Activision
  • Codemasters
  • Eidos Interactive
  • Epic Games, Inc.
  • Focus Home Interactive
  • Gamecock Media Group
  • id Software
  • Majesco
  • Meridian4
  • MumboJumbo
  • Paradox Interactive
  • PopCap Games, Inc.
  • Rockstar Games
  • SEGA
  • Sony Online Entertainment
  • Strategy First
  • THQ
  • Tilted Mill Entertainment, Inc.
  • Ubisoft
  • Valve
amongst others, I'm pretty sure it's a viable and working platform (Now. it had teething, growing and then teenage angst problems, but...). Steam also works as an anti-piracy measure, but instead of punishing people who buy games (Yes, EA, I'm looking at you and would like to be able to play the Battlefield 2142 bonus maps some time this millenium) by automatically patching, fixing errors, and allowing studios to make more money directly while saving on packaging costs, which results in more decent games for us to play in the long run.

If you'd rather have many more downloadable content programs that are badly coded, loaded with crap and bloated that can't communicate between eachother to talk to friends who just so happen to be playing a game by another studio at that moment, go ahead and complain about Steam.

Last edited by WoRLoKKeD; 02-20-09 at 01:42 PM.
post #26 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-20-09, 02:14 PM

fynn's Flag is: United Kingdom

a guy i know was haveing the same problem yesterday with DOW2, wouldnt even install let alone patch, the he found out that the offical release date is the 20th feb, so tried again today and it installed with no problem, as the game conects as it installs and is officaly activated from steam.

post #27 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-20-09, 08:33 PM
HIz

Quote:
Originally Posted by hells_fury View Post
just because your hardware is causing problems, you are computer illeterate, or you comp is just loaded with spyware or other crap does not, extc does not mean steam sucks. The most amazing of programs have problems in certain instances. Steam is miles beyond any other program distrubting platform and if your angry because you are experiencing a small issue with a week old game maybe you should just stop playing computer games now and head over to your nearest game store and buy a wii or something. im just saying, not in a bad way, maybe computers arent for you.

post #28 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-20-09, 08:39 PM

Cabagepatch's Flag is: USA

you guys. steam sucks. it does. it rocks as much as it sucks. that IS the truth, not my opion. ~just do google search all you loyalists. since we need to stay tuned to the topic of dawn of war for this thread, do 'dawn of war 2 steam crash'
post #29 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-20-09, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

hells_fury's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIz View Post
just because your hardware is causing problems, you are computer illeterate, or you comp is just loaded with spyware or other crap does not, extc does not mean steam sucks. The most amazing of programs have problems in certain instances. Steam is miles beyond any other program distrubting platform and if your angry because you are experiencing a small issue with a week old game maybe you should just stop playing computer games now and head over to your nearest game store and buy a wii or something. im just saying, not in a bad way, maybe computers arent for you.
hmm, lets see, there are other people with the same problem.

anyways, my hardware is fine, not a problem there for about a year and a half, me computer illeterate wont be the problem, i custom built my machine and fix its probs, spy ware might be the only thing you suggested that would be the problem.

ok, yes i am angry and it bieng a week old isnt really an excuse for that much time to get it to work, world at war was fine, so was fallout 3, any game me and a friend has brought works fine except for left 4 dead and dawn of war 2, both used steam. imo it should be optional, if you want it you can have it and vice versa.

finally, ill point out my parents have a 3GB limit, yeah thats a lot, but at this stage of the month its almost out, 200mb left, due to steam deciding i need the patch to even be able start the game is stupid, how about when you start it it warns you that your game is not fully patched and asks you if you wish to proceed instead of starting to download the patch.

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

if your bored my MSN is hells_fury@live.com, add me and ill talk with anyone :p

post #30 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-20-09, 10:23 PM
HIz

you could have baught the hard copy of dow2 that was your choice to use steam. i havent read up on it but does it only run multiplayer thro steam now
L4d is a valve game so there is no way in hell it wouldnt run thro steam. Like i said its a new game, new games tend to have issues. i got fallout 3 the first day it came out and it crashed everyonce and awhile (didnt run thro steam) then it patched and hasnt crashed since. I also run it thro steam now so i can chat with peps while i play. I

Last edited by HIz; 02-20-09 at 10:25 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode