Problems with Steam - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-19-09, 06:33 AM

fynn's Flag is: United Kingdom

as the guys said, get the patch from relic or whoever, but not steam, as the steam patch is probaly for the download version of the game

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-19-09, 06:58 AM Thread Starter

hells_fury's Flag is: Australia

the game works now, its great, steam was the whole f****** problem, took 4 hours to get a patch that takes half an hour to download cause it kept getting cancelled. although its still lame that i needed the patch to even do single player, that was messed up, anybody else have the same problem?

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

if your bored my MSN is hells_fury@live.com, add me and ill talk with anyone :p

post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-19-09, 08:04 AM

DarknessWithin's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
C'mon. That's not fair.
Steam works now. Sure, it took Valve a year or three and a half to get it how they invisioned, but it works now, and their business model would suggest plenty of people are happy enough with it, if their ability to constantly have sales is anything to go by.
No i personaly think it's steam. I've installed 5 different games that runs on the steam engine, only one worked, and every few minutes it would freeze. Oh and i forgot to say, it screwed up my computer beyond belief, i've now uninstalled it now and no new problems.
DarknessWithin

Fear the Darkness Within yourself, for there is no escape, there is no Mercy. Be afraid of the Dark, for it's here...

Impossible Quiz 2
Please, I am hungry for mouse. Please let your mouse feed me with it's clicks
post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-19-09, 10:04 AM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

I thought it might of just been your computer realizing it was another DoW game, and the only way it was gonna save itself from such tripe was not letting you install it.

poor computer

post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-19-09, 01:20 PM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by hells_fury View Post
the game works now, its great, steam was the whole f****** problem, took 4 hours to get a patch that takes half an hour to download cause it kept getting cancelled. although its still lame that i needed the patch to even do single player, that was messed up, anybody else have the same problem?
You need the patch because it works through Steam, which doesn't differentiate between single and multiplayer when you load up a game, unless it has seperate components. (Like Half Life 2 and HL2:DM). That way, it's known for sure that 1) Everyone's using the same patch online and 2) Nobody's using cheat trainer patches.

post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-19-09, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
I thought it might of just been your computer realizing it was another DoW game, and the only way it was gonna save itself from such tripe was not letting you install it.

poor computer
lol, cant be, i put dow on my laptop, my desktop never heard of dow untill yesterday ;p lol

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-19-09, 08:18 PM

Cabagepatch's Flag is: USA

yah steam sucks. bottem line (i'm thinking some good and reliable game shop should pick up where steam is and compete. Steam is the only program that i know of where you can buy that games online, download it and any patches released, and play multiplayer all at once. (not to mention the number of games or the easyness to use)...

hellz, u feeling any better? was dow2 worth the money? how about the effort? lol, you seemed pissed.
post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-19-09, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabagepatch View Post
hellz, u feeling any better? was dow2 worth the money? how about the effort? lol, you seemed pissed.
yeah im better, i prob wouldnt off been as pissed but cod5 crashed on me too so my anger relief just made things worse it was deffinatly worth the money although the 4 hours off effort cause of the tarded program i am forced to have was not, im still annoyed that im forced to have steam when i dont really need it. sure it lets you know theres a patch but i already knew there was going to be one cause i keep up to date with my gaming news.

a warning on a crossbow

post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-19-09, 08:37 PM

Changed title as your problem isn't with THQ but steam

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!

Last edited by Lord Reevan; 02-19-09 at 08:49 PM.
post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-19-09, 09:37 PM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabagepatch View Post
yah steam sucks. bottem line (i'm thinking some good and reliable game shop should pick up where steam is and compete. Steam is the only program that i know of where you can buy that games online, download it and any patches released, and play multiplayer all at once. (not to mention the number of games or the easyness to use)...

There is really very little reason to give stick to Steam now. Valve and the Steam team have worked their collective bollocks off to get it working, and 97% of the time, it's fine. I mean, it's an online store, a patch service, a gamer's Instant Messenger, news site, web browser and anti-cheat system (For the Valve games, at least) all rolled into one.

There is no good reason for any other company to compete, as the architechture is already there, and Steam offers a service that is much better united than split between bickering studio's propriatary distributable content systems.

For the record, I have no affiliation with Steam or Valve (Other than being one of the early Steam Beta monkeys ). I just really think they've done a great job with what they have, and get far too much abuse for trying their hardest.

Last edited by WoRLoKKeD; 02-19-09 at 09:45 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode