Dawn of war II - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-17-09, 10:34 PM

out friday here in Ireland. rrp is €34.99 and gamestop do not have a special collectors edition although marketing section have had rumours of special giveaways things such as t-shirts, bags, the usual gamestop thingy's.... That they're not in the shop now makes it highly unlikely however.....

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-21-09, 11:11 PM

Well my laptop won't play it so its me buggered till i get a new one. The laptop aint even that old (about a year) I think from my very limited computer knowledge that the graphics card is poo poo. It teases me by playing the intro video ect then crashes to windows when it tries to start a mission! Gotta love technology!

So for now i will at least be getting alot of painting done which is no bad thing i guess.

www.wargamesempire.com
Officially the cheapest in europe! Assault on Black Reach £24.99

Check out our tale of 3 gamers blog at www.taleofgamers.blogspot.com
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-22-09, 01:00 AM

My computer can run the crap out f it and I don;t have chainsword sounds or marine voices in the video... it's weird.....

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-22-09, 08:26 AM

hells_fury's Flag is: Australia

lol, my puter runs it fine, it better for the 1k i spent on it and all the upgrades lol, bon jovi, id give up with gaming on laptops, they are small and weak for the price you pay, better off with with a desktop or if you really have no idea, a console (360/PS3/Wii)

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

if your bored my MSN is hells_fury@live.com, add me and ill talk with anyone :p

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-22-09, 01:05 PM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by hells_fury View Post
lol, my puter runs it fine, it better for the 1k i spent on it and all the upgrades lol, bon jovi, id give up with gaming on laptops, they are small and weak for the price you pay, better off with with a desktop or if you really have no idea, a console (360/PS3/Wii)
Couldn't br more wrong if you tried, my friend.
Laptops, while not as easy to upgrade, can be damn fine machines. Hell, for the same price as a decent prefab desktop, you can get a Dell XPS laptop, and these things simply stomp anything else out there, laptop wise.
They essentually have the exact same hardware as an Alienware system, but are less than half the price because there's no cheesy case or glowing eyes.

But laptops, like any computer, are still upgradable. You just have to be willing hands with a screwdriver (And in one case I may or may not have had a part in, a reel of tape, a glue gun and a dremel)

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-22-09, 08:32 PM

Thing with laptops is they need to be a bit higher than the specs on the game because it says "cards for laptops may run this product, but are not supported" on the majority of games we have in stock.... Many a time people have had running issues with laptops that matched the reccommended specs for a game.... They're just not supported as much... games need to be designed more for them.... and they are a bitch to upgrade... I have and It's not worth the hassle...

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-22-09, 08:46 PM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Reevan View Post
Thing with laptops is they need to be a bit higher than the specs on the game because it says "cards for laptops may run this product, but are not supported" on the majority of games we have in stock.... Many a time people have had running issues with laptops that matched the reccommended specs for a game.... They're just not supported as much... games need to be designed more for them.... and they are a bitch to upgrade... I have and It's not worth the hassle...
Again, this depends entirely on the specific card's chipset. 'Mobility' cards, such as the Radeon 9X00-M series from a couple of years back are made in such a way so as to only draw minimally as possible from the power supply, as this both stops heat issues and conserves battery life. Because of this, they're often not supported officially by companies due to the fact that the lack of power results in an essential 'underclocking' of the GPU.
However, there are plenty of cards that ignore little things like battery life and heat, or at least have an option to switch between a mobility mode and performance.

Consumers are, to put it bluntly, fucking stupid. They'll buy a game only looking minimally at the requirements "Oh. 128MB graphics. It'll run!" then they get all whiny because they didn't bother to check the specific chipsets that a game supports.
It's my opinion, however harsh it may come across, that people who make this mistake deserve to be left with a slow or unplayable game because the information is right there in front of them and all they had to do was read the laptop's manual and find out what it is they have. Seriously. 75+% of problems exist between the keyboard and chair. Most game shops ask 'are you sure it'll run?'. If they dumbly answer in the affirmative without knowing, it's their own fault.

As for upgrading being a bitch, i prefer to see it as a learning experience and a challenge.

Last edited by WoRLoKKeD; 02-22-09 at 08:51 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode