Resident evil 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-12-09, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

Default Resident evil 5

Well just got to play the demo recently and I enjoyed it a lot. plays similar to dead space and resident evil 4, which is never a bad thing. The only problem I have with it is the fact that the movement controls seem very sluggish compared to the other games mentioned. it had the same style of movement but seemed slower and more awkward to control, which amde dieing all that much easier.
What do you guys think of it?

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-12-09, 08:35 PM
Darth Druchii

Druchii in Space's Flag is: Wales

Haven't tried it yet, will do but I hold little hope. I like the setting of Raccoon City if I'm honest, and the Mansion before it. I had issue compleating Code Veronica, never got off the ground with Resi 4, just felt its lost something since it left its original setting.

Partially why I didn't get into Silent Hill 4 either, didn't seem to have enough of Silent Hill in it for me.

Come and join us by the fire, to chat about the games that matter to you at the Roleplay Games Forum
---------------
"I feel I was denied. Critical, need to Know information!"
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-12-09, 09:09 PM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druchii in Space View Post
Haven't tried it yet, will do but I hold little hope. I like the setting of Raccoon City if I'm honest, and the Mansion before it. I had issue compleating Code Veronica, never got off the ground with Resi 4, just felt its lost something since it left its original setting.

Partially why I didn't get into Silent Hill 4 either, didn't seem to have enough of Silent Hill in it for me.
SH4 was possibly the most disturbing of the lot, in my opinion. Just because it left you thinking "This plays like Silent Hill, but the setting feels so different. I wonder what'll happeOHSHIT!"

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-13-09, 11:23 AM

Syko515's Flag is: USA

honestly, i love all of the resident evil games, but druchii is right for the most part, i feel resident evil lost a lot of its feel when it went to 4 and suddenly we where dealing with psycho bug people instead of my beloved zombies and G/T virus carriers. on that note, had 4 been dealing with the zombie infected i feel that it may have well been the best game of all time at that point. i think the problem largly consists in the fact that the game developersd seemed to have gotten bored with a great story line, and chose to go with the more mundaine for the sake of more action. seriously...what was with the spanish midget being a boss fight character anyways? as far as resident evil 5 goes, i am going to dl the demo today and give her a go. i am really curious as to what its like. hopefully its everything 4 was and more so that i do stay interested long enough to beat it.

on the note of silent hill. game # 4 the room does not exisit and never will in my mind. it was never even supposed to be a silent hill, it was just a game that the company had made and last minute decided to test it on the market under the guiess of a silent hill game, the AMERICAN made silent hills are far superior to number 4, and the old 1, 2 ,and 3 blow them all away. in short, for serious horror survival gamers, ignore the existance of silent hill 4.

as for resident evil 5 being slower and harder to control... are you playing over x box live? maybe it was your connection. i have noticed that having live causes a certian fable 2 game of mine to freeze up every 5 minutes or so. Also corded controles do have a slightly better responce time then wireless. i'll be testing the game demom myself soon, so i'll get back to you on that.

Ave Dominae Nox
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-13-09, 01:25 PM

DavC8855's Flag is: USA

I agree Syko. Resident Evil has lost its flare from the good old RE2 days. I never finished Code Veronica, RE4 was a lot of fun with the Los Ganados but it lacked the "survival horror" that the 1st two games brought. I'll get RE5 no matter what cuz I wanna found out what the hell happened to Wesker. But 1st DAWN OF WAR 2 comes out on my B-day so I must be ready to smite

Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-14-09, 05:44 PM

EndangeredHuman's Flag is: United Kingdom

I miss the Jill Sandwich

1500pts Celestial Lions
1000pts Warboss Judge Skull'Umper
500pts Vostroyan & Cadian 119th
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-16-09, 11:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
as for resident evil 5 being slower and harder to control... are you playing over x box live? maybe it was your connection. i have noticed that having live causes a certian fable 2 game of mine to freeze up every 5 minutes or so. Also corded controles do have a slightly better responce time then wireless. i'll be testing the game demom myself soon, so i'll get back to you on that.

I was playing it on a friends 360 and it wasn't over xbox live but his console was having problems at the time. Fable 2 though is a built in glitch. there shoudl be a path on the way soon

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-24-09, 02:00 PM

aM | Gunslinger's Flag is: Wales

i liked the resident evil 5 demo but think of it as a stand alone game... if i think about racoon city or the mansion one i remember how awesome they were but as a stand alone game resi 5 is not so bad just forget all previous story and pretend its a new game!!!

I have a rendezvous with death, At some disputed barricade, it may be that he shall take my hand, and lead me into his dark land, and close my eyes and quench my breath, I have a rendezvous with death, and i to my pledged word am true, i shall not fail that rendezvous...

Quote:
I won't remove the thread. This is an example of how Heresy members should not act toward other forum members, and seriously, don't pull the free speech bullshit. You're free to say what I allow you to say.
- jezlad
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-26-09, 09:36 PM

Five was definetly... interesteding.

The controls were not truly.. action enough, so i felt that it was somewhat sluggish controls as well.

I can't wait until we fight against Chinese zombies next in Resident Evil 6.

(lol)

Except everyone would be screwed - thats a billion of zombies.

I'm also waiting for Dead Rising 2
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-27-09, 03:07 PM

crabpuff's Flag is: USA

I found the new controls a little quirky at first but after a couple plays it smoothed out. I hate that stupid Chain Saw guy, felt like i blew up 100 barrels just to kill him.

Chaos- Black Legion & Steel Brethren
W:16 D:7 L:9 W:9 D:2 L:5

Eldar Dragon Claws Corsairs
W:16 D:4 L:2

Da Skull Krushaz
W:27 D:2 L:13

Space Wolves
W:14 D:0 L:3

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode