Fave WW2 game weapon - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-23-09, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

lawrence96's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Fave WW2 game weapon

whats your favourite gun from a WW2 game?

for me its either the MP44 from COD3 or the trenchgun from CoD Worlad at War.

the MP44 cause in COD3 its accurate, powerful, fast firing and with 30 rounds to boot.

and the trenchgun for world at war because its a game where you dont have to be 1 foot away to kill someone with a shotgun.

Quisnam praesumo, successio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-23-09, 05:39 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

From COD 5, my favourite has been the M1 Garand. I'm also a fan of the M14.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-23-09, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

really? i'm not a fan of the not able to reload thing about it, i like to be on max ammo for my clip before starting a firefight and dont like having to either shoot 1-3 bullets or reload in the middle of a firefight.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-23-09, 05:47 PM
Vaz

I suppose that's why I liked it. COD 4 had me running round with Sleight of Hand and Stopping Power - G36C/SAW were almost unstoppable with that - couldn't really do much else, other than open up.

The M14 was my first foray into doing Counter Sniper/Barrett Overkill, and saw me from Prestige 6 to 8, choosing that from when I got it. It wasn't the best, but I became so 'good' at it, I was able to take out the M60 Chuggers and Deagle/M16 fools with little sweat, able to no scope on pretty much all maps.

Then on COD 5, I used those skills. No need for excess bullets if you kill them.

The M1 is a good weapon, with some nice RoF. Pretty good counter to those running with Tommies and Stens.

Quote:
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-23-09, 05:51 PM

Rahmiel's Flag is: USA

I agree I always prefer the M-1 to the Thompson. M-1 has a good rate of fire, quick reload, and is very accurate.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-23-09, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

so its for the challenge more than the weapon?

TBH thats kinda like why i love the trenchgun, you only get 6 shots in a clip with a quite long reload time, so you have too make them count.

*trench gun* "okay 1, 2, 3,....."

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-23-09, 05:56 PM
Vaz

Yeah certainly. I can have fun going around Noobtubing people of COD4, but it requires little skill. Run around no scoping, you're increasing your abilities, and are sort of going "up yours" to opponents.

If I didn't want a challenge, I'd play the Missions again, but online, you're encouraged to ry your best. If you cop out, and go for the M16/4x Grenade Launcher, then you learn nothing. Not saying that they're bad players, but why play such an easy game? Push yourself harder when you've mastered something.

Quote:
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-23-09, 06:05 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrence96 View Post
really? i'm not a fan of the not able to reload thing about it, i like to be on max ammo for my clip before starting a firefight and dont like having to either shoot 1-3 bullets or reload in the middle of a firefight.
just thought I'd mention that not being able to reload your garand mid clip is actually wrong, you could and can reload it mid clip, heck I've actually seen and done it myself, thankfully Brothers in arms got this correct.

on to my fav WWII weapons

CoD 2
PPSH, a 71 round clip coupled with high RoF?, thank you kindly I'll take that
Thompson, controllable fire rate and decent accuracy, thank you kindly I'll take that
M1 Carbine, decent accuracy, power, clip size and fire rate, thank you kindly I'll take that
Mosin nagant (sniper or not) accuracy.....nuff said

Brothers in Arms
MP/StG 44, accurate, powerful, good clip size thank you kindly I'll take that
Kar98, accurate, powerful, thank you kindly I'll take that
Tommy Gun, huge mag, foregrip, classic looks and British-ish (you get it off a brit thats good enough), thank you kindly I'll take that

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-23-09, 07:02 PM

Steel Rain's Flag is: USA

I used to play Day of Defeat, the CS mod. I loved the garand for the accuracy, stopping power, and the ability to buttstroke some stupid Kraut who got close enough. I also liked the Thompson for close in maps, but the garand works just as well. On the German side, I enjoyed the Kar 98 carbine for the same reasons I liked the garand. The Germans clearly had the better machine guns in the MG-42 (godlike on D-Day maps) and the MG-34 (slower RoF, but better accuracy when running)

Quote:
*sigh* I have to point out that despite what you see in games, lasrifles win wars. Just because lasrifles suck at killing superhuman killing machines in power armor does not mean that they are bad weapons. You are shooting them at the wrong targets. The most common enemy the Imperium faces is lightly armored humans armed with lasguns or autoguns, NOT SPACE MARINES.
-me
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-23-09, 09:20 PM

hells_fury's Flag is: Australia

the Askihra atm, such a good rifle, great sights and its bolt action *drool*

yes i love bolt actions, they are good although they = death near people unless your a pro sniper 3 kills in 4 secs with a bolt action, oh yeah lol

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

if your bored my MSN is hells_fury@live.com, add me and ill talk with anyone :p

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode