Soul Calibur 4 - question - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-11-09, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

Default Soul Calibur 4 - question

TL;DR version- How the hell do players do the annoying switch moves the computer can do?

Long version: Whilst trying to work our way up the Tower of Souls, we've noticed that on several floors the enemies are able to switch straight after a move, when normally this isn't possible. It also seems to only occur on certain moves, such as on floor 58 when Cervantes does his teleport up and land on you move, then switches straight to Mitsurugi.

We figured it was something only doable by the computer (like S rank skills), until one of my mates mentioned that as Nightmare he'd changed arbitrarily a few times after doing the big sweeping uppercut. We're now figuring that it's doable by the players, but the switch isn't triggered by the normal switch button.

So, (to get to the point of my post), anyone got any ideas on if this is in fact possible, or indeed a basic methodology for doing it?

Dragonlover
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-12-09, 09:47 AM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

remember, computers can cheat, it might just be that, like in DOA when your computer opponent can counter and throw you all day long, but you can't do it even once

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-12-09, 10:35 AM

Concrete Hero's Flag is: Wales

Certain moves can be switched straight after, others can't. But computers can, as mentioned above cheat. I'm certain they can do switch moves that I've failed miserably to recreate a hundred times in practise! Blooming b*stards.

Don't you just love when the computer chains 4 different hits from 4 different characters? Leaving you ruined in a matter of seconds? What floor are you on by the way? I'm right near the end; 3 room level where you fight 3 raphaels and that Amy in the last room, with just one character... And that Amy is actually god in disguies...

sob

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-12-09, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

We're on Floor 45 I think (the one with Amrita), but a mate of mine is on the 57-59 bracket, thats where I first noticed the pattern with Mitsurugi and Cervantes. The fact another mate of mine has switched unexpectedly after a move makes me think that to do it you have to press something other than the switch button.

As for the three Raphaels and an Amy floor, the only advice I can give is to use a male character.

Dragonlover
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-12-09, 12:33 PM

Concrete Hero's Flag is: Wales

Yeah, I'm on the bracket before him. Pain in the ass. She's one of those configurations that take practically no damage from attacks, even from powered up Nightmares. She does a painfully large amount too...

I'll look into it, away from my 360 currently!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode