Games you love that go unnoticed - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-05-09, 03:38 PM

kaede's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbatte View Post
From the old ps1 HOGS OF WAR voiced by Ric mayall this game had me in stitches and was great on multiplayer with a few beers.
omg, someone else played it! It's awesome! :D

As for me, there are plenty of old games I can think of which I like but no one seems to have heard of.
What surprises me the most though, is the -almost- brand new game for the PS3; Folklore. I love that game.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-06-09, 12:49 AM

Initiate's Flag is: Iran

Pepsiman is undoubtedly the best game I have EVER played. Unfortunately it was only to be found in Asia for the original Playstation, so I could only play it for a tiny while before I moved to Canada.

"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for."
-Socrates
post #33 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-27-09, 05:12 PM

Baalirock's Flag is: USA

One of my favorites is Secret of Evermore for the SNES. Way better than Secret of Mana (blasphemy, I know), I really liked the "Alchemy System" for magic in that game, and I loved the dynamic of being able to use your dog to sniff out ingredients for your spells. Good stuff!

I'm hoping that one of these days it'll get rereleased in some kind of "Best of" compilation from Square, because my cartridge seems to have disappeared.

I should mess around with my emulator and see if I can get my old ROMs to work...

"Free yourself from yourself". -MJK

post #34 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-27-09, 05:34 PM

Skreining's Flag is: England

Impossible Creatures is another great one from our friends at relic (anyone else get DOW2 today)

I'm too lazy/stupid to come up with a good explanation so here's the Wiki

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Do one brave thing today.....then run like hell.

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No! It's a Plog!!
post #35 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-04-09, 01:58 AM

Blind Cougar's Flag is: USA

Definitely have to agree with God Hand and X-Com. Got both the cheap. God Hand for about 15ish, and X-Com 1-4? off of Steam, Valve's online store and downloader, for about 10.

I have to bring up Advent Rising for the original Xbox. Yeah, some people had issues with it, but my play through was borderline flawless. Great sci-fi third-person shooter, one helluva story (written by frikkin Orson Scott Card!), and the main character Giddeon Wyeth has the greatest reload animation I've seen. It is downright sexy.

Fear the blindman!!! ::charges off::
Dude, wrong way
F*sck
post #36 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-04-09, 07:02 AM

hells_fury's Flag is: Australia

oh, there was harvest moon, even though its a little kids game its so much fun, collect stuff to build up a farm, clear the fields (how stones grow on the field ill never know) plant seeds, water them, pick them and sell them. then there was a sorta dating sim element where you find yourself a wife. omg that game was fun for some reason.

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

if your bored my MSN is hells_fury@live.com, add me and ill talk with anyone :p

post #37 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-04-09, 08:44 AM

Taggerung's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by hells_fury View Post
oh, there was harvest moon, even though its a little kids game its so much fun, collect stuff to build up a farm, clear the fields (how stones grow on the field ill never know) plant seeds, water them, pick them and sell them. then there was a sorta dating sim element where you find yourself a wife. omg that game was fun for some reason.
I second that...when that came out on the N64, it was so addictive.

Also, Sid Meiers Pirates. Such a great game, but not a lot of people played it. Soldiers Heroes of WW2...a really fun game, with destructible terrain, and last but not least. Red Faction. I must have played through that game 10 times.

Check out my DKOK Project Log!

Armies : Raven Lords Chapter, 219th Siege Regiment and Da Grotteef Waaaaghhhh

Currently Painting : 219th Siege Regiment, about 25% done! Last updated 3/7/2013
post #38 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-04-09, 08:54 AM

Shaun_wi's Flag is: England

The gothic series of games are probably my favourite, I love them all. I also enjoy Red Orchestra which is a kind of war 'sim' that I got of steam, awesome.
post #39 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-04-09, 10:25 AM
Slaanesh's Plaything

Talos's Flag is: United Kingdom

Did anybody here play Sacrifice. It is quite an old game for the pc but I loved it so much.
It is a 3rd person RTS sort of game. You choose a god and then a hero. You controlled your hero with the keyboard and you had a number of spells but you could also recuit a number of monsters from your god and then you had to battle over heroes for souls.
post #40 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-04-09, 09:49 PM

G-police on the ps1, you know from the time before Psygnosis released wipout3 and started making crap games instead of their normal quality.
It was nice flying a gunship in a Manhattan like areas contained in giant habitat domes upholding the law and later fighting open warfare.
Pre wipeout3 Psygnosis was my favorite PS1 developer with games like colony wars and wipeout XL/2097.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode