Battle Realms - fantasy RTS in the style of feudal japan, cool armies.
1) i own the above game, and its second version - winter of the worlf, great games, allthough the origional is better. I do highly advise this to people as allthough it may be rather old, its graphics arent bad, and if i remember correctly (UK only as far as I know) you can pick it up in CEX (computer entertainment Exchange) for about £3. Very good game, I've spent many-an-hour on that there game!
Arx Fatalis - RPG set in a gloomy dungeon world, pretty good atmosphere.
2) reminds me much of Neverwinter Nights (not mentioned in this thread!) probably because its a good game (RPG-fantasy) for the PC. I think it has kind of been out done by its new counterpart Oblivion (which I wouldnt recomend on PC, but on PS3 instead!). However, it still allows you to raise your levels, customise your character, and beat the crap out of goblins and ogres, mages, demons and the likes. Yes its old, and out dated, but if you go now and watch Dungeons&Dragons the movie, then play this game, you will seriously like it!
3) To the list I would have to add Starlancer: basically you are on a Spaceship, in a fleet (a la BFG), choose your fighter and go out on missions, collecting people from ejector pods, blowing up stuff, and generally causing bad-graphic bits of old ships to float around in space (the game has good graphics everwhere else). Again, can be picked up in CEX for about £3 on the PC (dont think it was on any other platform).
4) I would also like to add pretty much any TYCOON series game, mainly Mall Tycoon (allthough bad graphics - pretty much all of them did) and Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 (not including expansions, they kind of ruin the feel to the game IMHO).
5) oh yeah, Dead or Alive 2 for the PS2, i have broken my disc by accident, and regret it greatly! was a good old game!
EDIT: oh yeah, also I'd like to add Gore (PC) to the mix, great game, silly phrases by oafish drunks: "I'm gonna drink you under the table!" or "You spilt me beer!". ahaha lol. Good shooting, good music in the background, military feel and storyline. It may be an old old old game, but there are still a load of people who play it online (probably because of the fact they enabled Gore1 to pick up the servers of Gore2!) Never played Gore2 myself, but the first game was good, so I would advise you to risk it! (UK only AGAIN) CEX should sell it for under a fiver, so its not bad if you wanna play-test it, to see if you would like Gore2!