Games you love that go unnoticed - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-14-08, 08:56 PM

Sinioth's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druchii in Space View Post
Also Silent Hill (most 1-3,) most folks instantly pull Resident Evil out of the bag as the best Survival horror, and don't get me wrong I like the Resi games, but Silent Hill has them over a barrel when it comes to genuine scares and an amazing horror themed story.
Silent Hill scares the shit out of me. Not in a BOO! kind of way either. It has some moments that truly give you that disturbing, cold pit in your stomach scare. Especially SH 2. That game was absolutely awesome. I'll be the first to admit, it has some pretty bad game controls. But the story, and the experience of playing through it is totally worth it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-14-08, 09:34 PM

Tropico.

Ever played the sims games? Its like that only you get a whole contry. You have to deal with everything from the ceonomy to wining elections (Legaly or with some creative stratagies) to being de-throuned by rebles, only you dont get the god powers of an RTS (Although its RT) when your soldirs are fighting, they just protect the city, you can station them diferent places, but if they dont know somthings hapening they wont react. It just seems realistic because of that feature expecialy, but the whole game is just awsome. You get to design your profile to be diferent things that give bonus's to diferent aspects. (Alchoholic is the best ever, +100% profeit from rum distilleries! )

Overall it was just an awsome game in so many ways It would take me forever to list them all.

"A true king is never alone, his will is equal to the will of all of his followers."
-Alexander the Great, kind of
post #13 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-15-08, 12:07 AM
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

Despite being pretty universally considered one of the finest games made to date by reviewers and gaming magazines and other noisemakers, a lot of folks haven't heard of XCOM. In the UK, it's called XCOM: Enemy Unknown; while in the States it's called XCOM: UFO Defense. Try as the gaming industry might, they still haven't made something that's nearly as good. The best news is that it's chock full of abandonware, so I'd be willing to bet you can find it online for free, or awfully close to it. I know that Gametap has it, and I'm sure there are other electronic download sites that have it as well. It shouldn't be more than $10 US at the very most. Give it a shot...you'll never go back to new games.

ASK ME HOW TO GET 20% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!
My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

post #14 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-15-08, 12:24 AM

officer kerky's Flag is: Australia

combat arms. for computer its free and is just like call of duty 4 moder warfare minus alot of cool stuff but still fun for new and advanced players.

go around and shoot other people with assualt rifles, snipers, mgs, stab people with m9 knifem sickles machette, sawn off shotgun so many possibilities to kill.
post #15 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-15-08, 03:42 AM
The Traveler

Dirge Eterna's Flag is: USA

Also, I really liked Republic Commando for PC. They always threw around a RC 2, and there was a huge set-up for one at the end of RC, but LucasArts made jillions off of Battlefront and dropped the idea. Saaaad face.

-Dirge

You'll forgive me, but you must be mistaken. I've met your makers, and they don't even know your name...

GIVING CHASE- ORDO HERETICUS FIC
(Updated Mar. 19)

Hat in the Ring
post #16 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-15-08, 08:38 AM

NerdyOgre254's Flag is: Australia

I honestly can't believe you guys forgot about Beyond Good and Evil.

On the subject of Rat Ogres:
But if we give them laser eyes and mounted guns, we'll have to bring in Clan Skryre, and everyone knows how much those limp-tailed snuff addicts overcharge.
post #17 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-15-08, 03:46 PM

Vashtek's Flag is: Great Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Son of Horus View Post
Despite being pretty universally considered one of the finest games made to date by reviewers and gaming magazines and other noisemakers, a lot of folks haven't heard of XCOM. In the UK, it's called XCOM: Enemy Unknown; while in the States it's called XCOM: UFO Defense. Try as the gaming industry might, they still haven't made something that's nearly as good. The best news is that it's chock full of abandonware, so I'd be willing to bet you can find it online for free, or awfully close to it. I know that Gametap has it, and I'm sure there are other electronic download sites that have it as well. It shouldn't be more than $10 US at the very most. Give it a shot...you'll never go back to new games.
XCOM... great game. My only (slight) gripe was that you could save at any point, making it too easy IMO.

My favourite game that no-one seems to have heard of? Masters of Orion 2 (I think 2- 3 sucked I think).

You could choose an alien race which had unique characteristics and you developed technology to build spaceships and then could design them how you liked. So you could have big ships with massive cannons or swarms of little ships with missiles.. the combinations were endless. A really great game.
post #18 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-15-08, 10:08 PM

A game that was nowhere near as popular as it should have been was too human on 360. It reminded me a lot of diablo gameplay wise and I thought that would get people going on it easily. The storyline was really good too. Only thing better than vikings is technoligically superior vikings

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!
post #19 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-16-08, 04:40 AM

are you kiding? To human is considered the greatest thing ever by everyone I know who has played it(Plenty). I havent played it myself, but the reviews are all good.

"A true king is never alone, his will is equal to the will of all of his followers."
-Alexander the Great, kind of
post #20 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-16-08, 09:15 PM

ratings were on average 7/10 and although that's pretty good the sales were absolutely terrible.... it didn't make a profit for the company.... That's why I'm really doubting the continuation of the trilogy.....

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode