Gear-heads question - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-06-08, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

ArmoredGhost's Flag is: USA

Gear-heads question

Just curious to hear for those who love GoW 1 or 2. Whats your favorite weapon combo or one-two punch move you like to use in multiplayer?

Mine personally is throw smoke/bang in a sniper nest and waltz in with a reved chainsaw to teach'em a lesson or when I get my hands on a torque bow and someone rushes me I shoot it at their feet and melee onceit blows up, gets'em everytime.

"If you excpect a kick in the b@ll$ but get a slap in the face, consider it a victory."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-07-08, 09:21 PM
Banned
NoiseMarine's Flag is: USA

classic shotty, also can shoot up close and if they dont die just smack em with B. Chainsaw is for NOOBS!
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-08-08, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

Hmm, i don't know if I would say chainsawing someone is being a newb sure if you touch someone with it its an insta-kill put you have to TOUCH someone with it. If you let someone get that close to you or sneak up on you, you should be more aware of your suroundings. I also love you they nerfed to shotty to now its harder to snipe someone with it.

"If you excpect a kick in the b@ll$ but get a slap in the face, consider it a victory."
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-08-08, 07:26 PM
Banned
NoiseMarine's Flag is: USA

so youv never heard chainsaw newb after killing someone with it? Its a retarded weapon, sure funny but retarded. If you use the lancer as a main weapon you suck.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-08-08, 08:07 PM
Senior Moderator

So what, no one should ever use the lancer anymore? Yeah, that'll get fun fast, limit yourself to choice A or B even if choice C is a bit overpowering.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-09-08, 12:23 AM

NerdyOgre254's Flag is: Australia

Pretty much every weapon has its good points.
Lancer has the saw - no matter how many times i see it in action, it always makes me smile.
Hammerburst is good for midrange shooting and is good for getting headshots.
Sniper is great fun - some people forget to move while in cover, so if you get up high then you can see their head just sitting there.
Boomshot is a bit underpowered i reckon - if the blast was a bit bigger it would be fun.

personally, i'm gonna go with Lancer and Hammerburst, with a Boltok.

On the subject of Rat Ogres:
But if we give them laser eyes and mounted guns, we'll have to bring in Clan Skryre, and everyone knows how much those limp-tailed snuff addicts overcharge.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-09-08, 12:36 AM
The Traveler

Dirge Eterna's Flag is: USA

My favorite combo was Torque Bow and Lancer, with the Boltok.

-Dirge

You'll forgive me, but you must be mistaken. I've met your makers, and they don't even know your name...

GIVING CHASE- ORDO HERETICUS FIC
(Updated Mar. 19)

Hat in the Ring
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-09-08, 04:43 AM Thread Starter

I love that they balanced all the weapons so that you actuallty have a better chance with the other main weapons. In Gears1 if you were good with the shotty you destroyed everybody.

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-09-08, 05:11 AM
Senior Moderator

Gotta agree with that, its partly why I prefer multiplayer in gears two over gears one. Though again, I don't see why theres much reason to hate the lancer; its not like its terribly easy to walk up to someone and chainsaw them. (And your just as likely to die from a shotgun up close to the back as a chainsaw to the back, or being stuck, or a mortar landing on your head.)

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this

Last edited by darkreever; 12-09-08 at 05:15 AM.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-15-08, 10:30 PM

all the weapons are evenly matched in gears 2 which is a good thing. the locust rifle is very good for headshots and is a fair bit more powerful than the lancer but fires slower and strafes off a lot. LAncer average all round apart from melee but is slow to start up. shotgun good for close to mid range. also fairly decent with blind firing due to spray. niper rifle is a hard weapon to use to it's full advantage as body shots are not instant kill anymore but still good against the bigger guys like boomers and theron guard....

I personally always adapt. I always carry the lancer, best general weapon, then either the shotgun or locust rifle but change that to sniper rifle, flamer, whatever's needed at that time and if it's available... The pistol again is up to you. I prefer the Cog one.... faster firing and less strafing

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode