New to Xbox. What games are good? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-07-08, 05:14 AM Thread Starter

Sinioth's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Schafer View Post

I'm going to admit my tasts rarely match up with others, so take my advice with a grain of salt.
Same here. My favorites are all over the place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-07-08, 06:54 AM
Pally-HO!!!!

Captain Galus's Flag is: USA

The games that you absolutely have to buy (in order):
-Call of Duty 4; CoD5 just came out but tons of people still play 4
-Gears of War 2; many improvements on the first, and a large online following
-Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion; only if you really like RPGs, though
-Mass Effect; combines elements of and RPG and 3PS (third person shooter) and has one of the best storylines in gaming history...and also, tons of replay value

Hopefully this helped you decide!

post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-08-08, 03:21 AM
The Traveler

Dirge Eterna's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndangeredHuman View Post

Now, the one to definatly avoid is Halo 3. I loved the first two, and found the third very, very... very overhyped. It may be fun online, though, but, I found everything else to be a total bore, poor graphics and singleplayer, and, to be honest, weak mechanics.
BLASPHEMY. I thought H3 was the best of the series, and I still think it's graphics are the best on the system.

I'd recommend Halo 3, Gears of War, Fallout 3, Fable 2, and perhaps Crackdown and GTAIV. I'd avoid the Call of Duty series, as they are basically point-shoot games, little to no grasp of tactics.

-Dirge

You'll forgive me, but you must be mistaken. I've met your makers, and they don't even know your name...

GIVING CHASE- ORDO HERETICUS FIC
(Updated Mar. 19)

Hat in the Ring
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-08-08, 03:30 AM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

Fable 2, Oblivion, Skate, Guitar Hero, Rock Band, Assassins Creed, H3 is fun multiplayer, Soul Caliber 4 looks nice, Need for Speed Carbon is fun.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-08-08, 04:23 AM

Wraithian's Flag is: USA

Left 4 Dead is great multiplayer fun.

Dead Rising, just for those days when you gotta bash some zombie heads (with flower pots, bowling balls, baseball bats, frisbees, soccer balls, benches, marqui signs, yeah...).

GTA4 is good, too. It breaks from the, "oh, I'm a gang banger, look how hard I am," BS that was San Andreas. Huge area to explore, lots of stuff to do to kill time.

As others mentioned, Oblivion, Fallout 3, Gears of War series, Assassin's Creed.

Armored Core: For Answer is a blast, if you like blowing up giant mecha in a giant mecha.

Level me up! I, too, wish to storm the lands of mortals reaping what is truly mine...but for now, I am but a wee spot of energy...

Clicky!

"I embrace death without fear as I embrace life without regret."
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-08-08, 05:48 AM

Leatharnak's Flag is: USA

I don't know how anyone has not mentioned the Orange Box, probably the best deal in gaming history. For the price of one game you get Half Life 2 (and its expansions Eps. 1 and 2), Team Fortress 2 (which I must admit is much more fun on the PC but still good for XBox) and probably one of the most fun and funny games released this millenium, Portal. That game has the quotability of Monty Python and the addictivness of crack cocaine.

Then you have all the standards; Halo 3, GoW (haven't played two yet), Call of Duty 4, Rock Band (if you feel like wasting the time it would take to learn how to play real guitar or drums by playing fake guitar and drums), Fable 2, Mass Effect, etc ad nauseum.

Currently Painting: Noffin'...yet
Currently Modeling: Cybork Nobz with Kromlech Legs and Torsos

"For Gork...or possibly Mork."

"Though my guards may sleep and ships may rest at anchor, our foes know full well that big guns never tire."
--Lufgt Huron, the Tyrant of Badab

"Sir, do you know they've cut us off? We're entirely surrounded."
"Those poor bastards," Puller said. "They've got us right where we want 'em. We can shoot in every direction now."
--From Marine! The Life Of Lt. Gen. Lewis B. (Chesty) Puller USMC (Ret.) By Burke Davis

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-08-08, 08:02 AM
Pally-HO!!!!

Captain Galus's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirge Eterna View Post
I'd avoid the Call of Duty series, as they are basically point-shoot games, little to no grasp of tactics.

-Dirge
I think some famous smart person just rolled over in their grave

post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-09-08, 12:14 AM
The Traveler

Dirge Eterna's Flag is: USA

@Captain Galus: What?

Thought of a few more. Hell's Highway is good, but Through the Rabbit Hole scared me pretty bad. Fallout and Oblivion are good if you like RPGs, and I found Army of Two to be a lot of fun, but I never tried the Multiplayer.

-Dirge

You'll forgive me, but you must be mistaken. I've met your makers, and they don't even know your name...

GIVING CHASE- ORDO HERETICUS FIC
(Updated Mar. 19)

Hat in the Ring
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-09-08, 01:25 AM

Wraithian's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirge Eterna View Post
@Captain Galus: What?

Thought of a few more. Hell's Highway is good, but Through the Rabbit Hole scared me pretty bad. Fallout and Oblivion are good if you like RPGs, and I found Army of Two to be a lot of fun, but I never tried the Multiplayer.

-Dirge
Army of Two is a blast. Though, I'm a bit biased, I suppose. My lad and I play split screen every so often.

Level me up! I, too, wish to storm the lands of mortals reaping what is truly mine...but for now, I am but a wee spot of energy...

Clicky!

"I embrace death without fear as I embrace life without regret."
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-09-08, 10:55 AM

Left 4 dead is brilliant craic I'd recommend it to anyone who liek hordes and first person shooters

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode